Thread: Umphreys McGee at Lockn' tonight..

Umphreys McGee at Lockn' tonight..

They played a nice set tonight at the kick off of the 4 day festival.. These guys impress me more each time I see them..

Just caught them in Syracuse on the 14th, excellent show, Brown Sabbath opened for them and blew everyone away with their funked up versions of The Wizard, Fairies Wear Boots and Into the Void, check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    They played a nice set tonight at the kick off of the 4 day festival.. These guys impress me more each time I see them..
    Yes! They are getting a little harder-edged, too, which I like. Almost metal at times. Did that come through, or...?

Quote Originally Posted by heracleummantegazziani View Post
    Just caught them in Syracuse on the 14th, excellent show, Brown Sabbath opened for them and blew everyone away with their funked up versions of The Wizard, Fairies Wear Boots and Into the Void, check them out.
    Oh, yeah! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoqcIQ37amo

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Yes! They are getting a little harder-edged, too, which I like. Almost metal at times. Did that come through, or...?
    Now that you mention it.. for a brief passage or two I thought Dream Theatre was on stage.. haha.. And as my wife noted.. "Those guys wore me out.. way too many notes..!"

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    It all depends on the show, as they can all be very different. One of the shows I saw a little over a year ago was very metal oriented in the 2nd half. It was an outdoor show and was really perfect for the mood of the night, but I don’t think I have ever seen them focus on that much heavy material before. Personally I totally dug it.

Quote Originally Posted by heracleummantegazziani View Post
    Sh*t, I checked out the Utube link to these guys, I'de pay to see them, they're f,n Good!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Sh*t, I checked out the Utube link to these guys, I'de pay to see them, they're f,n Good!
    They are excellent musicians, here's one for you proggers: https://www.google.com/search?q=Umph...e=UTF-8&inm=vs

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    All of us Umph heads on this forum have been trying to convince the rest of the prog world that these guys are the shit, especially live.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    All of us Umph heads on this forum have been trying to convince the rest of the prog world that these guys are the shit, especially live.
    Actually I was referring to Brown Sabbath. I hadn't heard of them and was smiling all the way through their videos from the Utube link kindly provided above. They're a piss. And the Umphs are no slouches either.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Agree.. bumped into these guys on a recommendation from a friend 10 years ago.. I believe this is the second or perhaps 3rd time I've seen them at Lockn'.. they are tremendous..

I was hanging out with some metal heads last night, i youtubed a clip of UM playing And Justice For All and they were impressed as hell saying "shit these guys play this better than Metallica".

Woohoo! I'd ordered the 4 CD set a while ago and was wondering where it was. Got this email this morning and am listening to Umphrey's right now!

Thank you for your purchase. Your Hall of Fame: Class of 2015 CD is expected to ship on 9/7/2016. We apologize for the delay. Please enjoy the MP3 of the album to hold you over until your CD arrives. Be on the lookout for a separate email with a link to access your download.

Something new from the boys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJtaou9lz-s

"The debut track from the mashup album ZONKEY, UM's latest concoction. "National Anthem Loser" combines Radiohead's "National Anthem" + Beck's "Loser + Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight." More details & pre-order: http://bit.ly/umZONKEYcom "

Umphrey’s McGee has been arranging and performing original mashups live for over eight years. It was only a matter of when, not if, some of those innovative concoctions would find their way into a studio. And that when has arrived.

UM is pleased to announce ZONKEY, an album of 12 unique mashups, conceived, arranged & executed by the band. ZONKEY is as seamless as it bizarre, playful as it is razor sharp. Bits and pieces of classic songs are culled from 40+ years of popular music from 70’s Reggae to 80's Pop to 90’s Metal and everywhere in between. From Radiohead mashed with Beck, The Weeknd with Fleetwood Mac, Talking Heads with Bob Marley, Metallica with Gorillaz….nothing is off limits.

Last edited by Finch Platte; 09-09-2016 at 03:19 PM.

I think they are all tracks they've done on previous Halloween performances. Quite like some of em especially Ace of Long Nights

Just got my copies of Class Of 2015 cds, what a disappointment. Color pic on covers of two plain Jane cardboard 3-disc holders. 2 discs in each one, no info in the third disc holder. Had I known it was going to be this boring, I would have just gotten the upload and saved some $$. F U U M, you money grubbing bastiges!

Edit: Oh! And they duplicated side one/side two covers! I didn't get the cover for discs 3 & 4. Way to go. FUUM.
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 09-14-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Shame they never graced the NF stage..effin shame..

Cool mashup of Highway To Hell and Electric Avenue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXM3DuUftKE

Seeing the three show Philly run starting on Thursday.

UM kicks the proverbial motherfuckin' ass!