Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bent Knee touring activity - September & October

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    August 27 - El Bar - 1356 N Front St - Philadelphia, PA 19122 - 8:30

Why do bands pick these type of areas to play in Philly? Wish they'd play somewhere nice.
    The bar is located in Fishtown. What are you worried about - some hipster rolling you for a cup of coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    Philly is getting harder and harder to book gigs at. We had a night of 4 prog bands all sewn up and with 3 days to go the venue decided to stop having live music. Places I saw Echolyn at just a few years ago are gone. With live music in certain cities, concertgoers are going to have to be less picky about location, etc.
    Philadelphia has always been hard to book gigs. Harder than Manhattan.

Andrew Miller is a prog friendly booking agent who used to book shows at Northstar Bar. It was a real shit hole in an awful location. Everyone hated going there...but there were gigs. It closed earlier in the year. Now Andrew is booking shows at The Kennett Flash in Kennett Square which is very nice but not really in Philadelphia. Its like saying you are playing in NYC but really your gig is out in Suffolk County, Long Island.

Not too many viable options in Philly left....

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Unfortunately the gig in Boston at Great Scott doesn't start until 10pm with Bent Knee the third band up, that's likely to be too late for me. Fortunately I'll see them at ProgDay.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Unfortunately the gig in Boston at Great Scott doesn't start until 10pm with Bent Knee the third band up, that's likely to be too late for me.
    "They are no longer for old folks like us, Ian. They belong to the world, now..."
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    "They are no longer for old folks like us, Ian. They belong to the world, now..."
    If you're calling yourself & Ian old, SF, that must mean that I'm really dead and also the finest hologram ever created.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    If you're calling yourself & Ian old, SF, that must mean that I'm really dead and also the finest hologram ever created.
    You are just REALLY old.

"Not dead yet", in the words of Monty Python.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

I just wish I could get bands to play in NOVA. I know the venues are pretty limited, but I'm kinda sick of most of the good shows going up to Baltimore, which is a 2 hour drive during the week. Unfortunately I can't make the Black Cat show in DC, since I have a friend coming into town that day.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

It's great that their focus is on the younger set, I would love those later sets to work for me, only really work in a festival setting, last few times I've seen them the demographic was 80% younger, so that's excellent. Fortunately as they are local I can find gigs more suitable to me.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Might have to see them at the Crofoot in Pontiac to see what the fuss is all about. I have never read a negative word about this band only glowing reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    The bar is located in Fishtown. What are you worried about - some hipster rolling you for a cup of coffee?
    I've delivered in fishtown and know what it's like there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Unfortunately the gig in Boston at Great Scott doesn't start until 10pm with Bent Knee the third band up, that's likely to be too late for me. Fortunately I'll see them at ProgDay.
    As much as I hate to admit it, I did not go for the same reason when they played my hometown back earlier in the summer. It was a 3 band bill starting at 10PM (Bent Knee most likely went on around 12:30AM-ish). I had intentions of trying to go, but in the end......just didn't. I have no real excuse as I work 2nd shift and am kind of a night owl, but in the end, my wife and I had attended a minor league baseball game that evening. When the game was over it was still 3 hours before the band would have been on stage, the wife had no interest in going, I took her home and ended up staying home. Sad but true.....

On the bright side I am really looking forward to seeing them at ProgDay and think the tour with DEP is a great opportunity for them.

Oh hold UP...the DEP/Bent Knee show in Baltimore also includes Cult Leader (i.e. the band that used to be the utterly-amazeballs-extreme-prog-metal-madness Gaza)?!??

Officially upgraded to "must see"
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

October 14 - The Chance Theatre - 6 Crannell St - Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 - 6PM

Hopefully my sorry ass will be in attendance at this show.

That's just how we roll!

Thanks for the enthusiasm, Steve. See you in a hot field in 10 days.
    With all levels of humor attached....

How about bringing some of your posse down to Atlanta?.....we're staving down here.

(Yeah, ARW is coming soon and D. Zappa in NOV but beyond that, it's pretty thin in the PROG world here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    How about bringing some of your posse down to Atlanta?.....we're staving down here.
    we don't book 'em.

we merely report where they are booked.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

we don't book 'em.

we merely report where they are booked.
    Talk to Danno.

No West Coast? Maybe I can take the train to SLC and crash at my niece's place.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain