Thread: Question for RUSH fans...where to find the AFtK promo vids

Question for RUSH fans...where to find the AFtK promo vids

There's such a dizzying array of RUSH product on DVD, I figured I'd go straight to the experts.

I want the A Farewell to Kings promo vids on DVD. iirc, they were: "A Farewell to Kings," "Closer to the Heart" and "Xanadu."

Is there a DVD with these promos, and if there is more than one DVD that has them, which would you recommend?

Those promos were my gateway to RUSH as a kid and while they do show up from time to time on youtube, I'd like them on a DVD.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

It's either on Chronicles or the bonus disc on the R30 DVD, I forget....

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    It's either on Chronicles or the bonus disc on the R30 DVD, I forget....
    It's on both - actually. CTTH is on Chronicles, while the other two are on the R30 DVD set.

-Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Letter M View Post
    It's on both - actually. CTTH is on Chronicles, while the other two are on the R30 DVD set.

-Marc.
    So all 3 can't be found on the same DVD? I was kind of afraid of that.

CTTH is only 4 minutes long, living without it should be an easy choice. Though I think The Trees is on there too, so you really do need both. R30 has Circumstances and La Villa.

you mean this stuff isn't on youtube? whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    you mean this stuff isn't on youtube? whoa.
    Read my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    CTTH is only 4 minutes long, living without it should be an easy choice. Though I think The Trees is on there too, so you really do need both. R30 has Circumstances and La Villa.
    Not really, I want all 3 for sentimental reasons. As a 13 year old, I sat in wonder and awe watching the 3 promos play on Rock Concert, and I want the vids all together the way I originally saw them. Length of the songs has no bearing on it.

Sounds like you are up for both then. You'll be gald you did, the rest of R30 is packed with old, rare footage. The rest of Chronicles is cool too. I don't blame you. YouTube is no replacement for a DVD in your home system.

Indeed, a true Rush fan would venture to spend funds on both Chronicles and the R30 DVD sets!! It really is totally worth it!

-Marc.

Those promo vids are a riot. Filmed at Seneca college, with the roadies as 'audience members'.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post

Those promos were my gateway to RUSH as a kid and while they do show up from time to time on youtube,
    FWIW, the three videos were uploaded to Rush's VEVO channel last month.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RushVEVO?feature=watch

Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post

Those promos were my gateway to RUSH as a kid
    And a powerful "gateway drug" they were! I had actually seen their 1974 video appearance on Don Kirshner's but it was those AFTK videos that induced instant Rush addiction!!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...