Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEATURED CD: Flaming Bess - Tanz der Götter

I was on the fence during my first listen to this, but the good production (I believe this was Zeus B. Held before he went totally new wave/hi NRG with Gina X Performance and Dead or Alive) and the violin (I’m a sucker for a good fiddle in prog) sold me on it. Is there an instrumental remix of this anywhere? Can we get one? Does anyone have Zeus’ e-mail?
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    New to me, sounds cool thx!
    Ditto....

Even newer tome, since I missed this thread around creation time.

Will investigate firther, but I liked what I heard so far.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I posted a thread recently on bands similar to Camel. I have recently discovered the band from Germany called Flaming Bess and very much blown away by them, all their albums are brilliant. Very much a Cameleque style of music.

Regarding the previously-mentioned M. L. Bongers Project, were they actually German? As near as I can tell, this is actually the remnants of a Belgian band called Llewelyn who went to Berlin to record their conceptual piece with some German musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Regarding the previously-mentioned M. L. Bongers Project, were they actually German? As near as I can tell, this is actually the remnants of a Belgian band called Llewelyn who went to Berlin to record their conceptual piece with some German musicians.
    I can't dispute this for sure. But I also can't find any reference to it either. Where did you learn about this, Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    I can't dispute this for sure. But I also can't find any reference to it either. Where did you learn about this, Mike?
    Back cover of their Pacific Prison LP: https://www.discogs.com/ML-Bongers-P...elease/1178507

Back cover of their Pacific Prison LP: https://www.discogs.com/ML-Bongers-P...elease/1178507
    Ah jeez, and I have that album too. Just looked. OK, so now I see the Llewelyn band reference. Now looking at the Discogs entry. Mine doesn't have that sticker nor the inserts.

But how do you know they are Belgian? I can't read those inserts, but is that where? I'm sure it will be something else obvious. I think I need to go to the dentist's office and find a Highlights magazine or something...

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Ah jeez, and I have that album too. Just looked. OK, so now I see the Llewelyn band reference. Now looking at the Discogs entry. Mine doesn't have that sticker nor the inserts.

But how do you know they are Belgian? I can't read those inserts, but is that where? I'm sure it will be something else obvious. I think I need to go to the dentist's office and find a Highlights magazine or something...
    Looking at the partakers' namees, I highly doubt they'd be Belgians , except for guitarist /bassist Jacques Thysen... and even then more out of his first name Jacques than his last name Thysen (yes, it is belgian, but also German as the major steelmaker Thysen-Krupp would hiint. The rest of the names involved are definitely not Belgian-sounding.

So IMHO, not Belgian.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.