Thread: Rare Bird Productions new album on Bandcamp - Rare Bird Suite

Rare Bird Productions new album on Bandcamp - Rare Bird Suite

After 4 years of work, I'm finally ready to present the final edition of Rare Bird Suite. Tried to do this several times before, but this time I got it finished. Don't know if it's prog and defenitly not sure it's rock, but I hope to get some opinions.

https://rarebirdproductions.bandcamp.com/

I suppose the artwork has to be changed, but without artwork, I couldn't publish it, so I took a picture I made during my vacation.

Very cool!
    I'm following you on bandcamp and I'll check it out later!

I don't have time to check it out right now, but I promise I will come back and give it a listen in the next day or two, as soon as I can. I know what it's like to have a piece in the works for years. It's such a great feeling to finally put it out there. Congrats!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    After 4 years of work, I'm finally ready to present the final edition of Rare Bird Suite. Tried to do this several times before, but this time I got it finished. Don't know if it's prog and defenitly not sure it's rock, but I hope to get some opinions.

https://rarebirdproductions.bandcamp.com/

I suppose the artwork has to be changed, but without artwork, I couldn't publish it, so I took a picture I made during my vacation.
    Congratulations on completing this, Renate! I enjoyed listening to it

All the best to you with the project,

Kim

P.S: The artwork is lovely.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    Very cool!
    I'm following you on bandcamp and I'll check it out later!
    Me too! I know this seems lame, but I'm on my work PC right now, which has sound so bad that I can't even tell were the speakers are - I think the sound just comes out of the keyboard.

Congrats on putting your work out there.

Listening now. Nicely done. I can tell that a lot of work went into arranging this! I love the Gentle-Giantish counterpoint. Well done.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

I'm truly impressed, Renate!

Congratulations!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

It sounds like.....................................

music

which is exactly what it should sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by Farpoint Kevin View Post
    Listening now. Nicely done. I can tell that a lot of work went into arranging this! I love the Gentle-Giantish counterpoint. Well done.
    I heard some GG in there too. Not sure if they were a direct influence or not. I like the way the instruments are layered too.

Well, it's nice to be compared to Gentle Giant. I can't say I'm directly influenced by them, but I suppose I'm partly influenced by the same music Gentle Giant was influenced by. I think I have all Gentle Giant albums, but there are lots of artists I play more than Gentle Giant.

I added some information to the parts on Bandcamp, about the instrumentation and some other things.

Great piece of music. Captivating. It reminded me of ancient hymnal chants, sometimes of English Consort music..Of groups, associations with Camel, Gentle Giant and perhaps Anglagard came to mind...Development of the pieces reminded me partly of Philip Glass's heterophonic 'movements'. The whole impression, however, is far from viewing Rare Bird Suite as something derivative - on the contrary, it is highly original, and it has that certain feel of real work of art. Condratulations, Renate.

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    Great piece of music. Captivating. It reminded me of ancient hymnal chants, sometimes of English Consort music..Of groups, associations with Camel, Gentle Giant and perhaps Anglagard came to mind...Development of the pieces reminded me partly of Philip Glass's heterophonic 'movements'. The whole impression, however, is far from viewing Rare Bird Suite as something derivative - on the contrary, it is highly original, and it has that certain feel of real work of art. Condratulations, Renate.
    Thanks for the compliments. The only Philip Glass I own is Koyaanisqatsi.

I need to start writing new music.

Very nice job, Renate! You must be very proud! And you should be!!

Great work, I love it, - full of moods and diverse instrumental textures, captivating themes.

I've put a new track on Bandcamp as well, just a little thingy, for piano and synthesizer.
    https://rarebirdproductions.bandcamp.com/track/abschied

^ Impressive. A nostalgic sad melody.

Cool! Listening now.