Thread: IQ 2017 Dates

IQ 2017 Dates

IQ are currently negotiating quite a few other gigs for 2017 (including another trip across the pond we hope…) so please keep checking back with the IQ and GEP websites. The band are also in the process of writing material for a new album – we know they usually like to try out 'ideas in progress' in a live setting first so watch out for a few new tunes in the upcoming sets.

So what are your guesses? Rosfest or Terra Incignita?

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    The band are also in the process of writing material for a new album –
    Oh, nice. "The Road of Bones," while decent, was kind of a comedown from the excellence of "Frequency," and I was starting to worry it might be their last.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Oh, nice. "The Road of Bones," while decent, was kind of a comedown from the excellence of "Frequency," and I was starting to worry it might be their last.
    i thought the opposite, i liked some songs (see title track, Stronger Than Friction, and Closer)...but liked the majority of Road of Bones.
    Last edited by Haruspex Carnage; 08-15-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Yeah, I thought RoB was quite strong. Let's just hope they can get across the pond and then string enough dates together to reach the west coast.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Same here. Would love it if they could make it to the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    i thought the opposite, i liked some songs (see title track, Stronger Than Friction, and Closer)...but liked the majority of Road of Bones.
    Agreed. I think you pegged the best of Frequency but Road was pretty damned good through and through. Of course it helps that Road had that bonus disc which may have been better than the non-bonus disc.

Any chance they have some US dates on this tour? Hey, stop laughing...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^^ I'm afraid IQ is a band I'll never see live. Just doesn't seem to be in the cards.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    We drove up to Montreal to see them for the Road of Bones tour. One of the bands I'm willing to drive 5-plus hours to see. Saw them twice at Nearfest! Really my all-time favorite neo band.

Seeing them in UK next March in Prog HRH V in North Wales. Should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    We drove up to Montreal to see them for the Road of Bones tour. One of the bands I'm willing to drive 5-plus hours to see. Saw them twice at Nearfest! Really my all-time favorite neo band.
    Same here - all-time favorite band... neo or otherwise. I drove 5 hours to see them in Pittsburgh at 3RP in 2009, then at Rosfest in 2012. I love Road of Bones - both discs. I'm hoping they are back to Rosfest in 2017. Have they ever played a non-festival show in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Twelfth Earl of Mar View Post
    Have they ever played a non-festival show in the US?
    San Jose, 1993 or 1994, don't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    San Jose, 1993 or 1994, don't recall.
    It was 1994. Boots exist...

00147fe3_medium.jpg
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

The only "neo" band I really, really like. And I think their last three have been their best three!!!
    The Prog Corner

Good news regarding the new material.
    I'll be seeing them late January at the Bury Met, where the ROB live album was recorded just under a year ago.
    I hope to hear some of the new songs.

If they have new material that is ready to be performed I guess the first outing could be the two X-Mas Bash gigs in December.