9/20 - New York, NY - Beacon Theatre
    9/22 - Washington, DC - Kennedy Center
    9/24 - New York, NY - Global Citizen Festival
    9/27 - Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
    9/30 - Chicago, IL - Oriental Theatre
    10/3 - San Francisco, CA - Davies Symphony Hall
    10/6 - Los Angeles, CA - Pantages Theatre
    10/7 - Los Angeles, CA - Pantages Theatre

"Excited to announce A Cat’s Attic tour, starting September 12th in Toronto, including the first public shows in New York City since 1976. A Cat’s Attic will feature a limited run of stripped-down, introspective performances which coincides with the 50th anniversary of my first hit single "I Love My Dog", which was released in 1966.""
    Seems he'll remain on my bucket list as the NYC shows conflict with my work. Yusuf also seems to be re-embracing the Cat moniker even more so as the years go by.
    Pre-sales start tomorrow via joining his "RedRoom Fan Club; public sale is Monday, August 15 @ 10am local time. Tickets will be gone in minutes...
    Very cool the shows are just a month away. (I still have 3+ months to go before Marillion.)

www.catstevens.com
    Last edited by Obscured; 08-10-2016 at 11:49 PM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Almost worth the drive to Chicago or Nashville.
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hopefully the TSA will let him enter the US this time.
    Women, be sure to wear your full-body burkas or you may be beheaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Yusuf also seems to be re-embracing the Cat moniker even more so as the years go by.
    Man's gotta live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubal
    Women, be sure to wear your full-body burkas or you may be beheaded.
    Don't be ignorant.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Don't be ignorant.
    You could have predicted this response on a Cat Stevens thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    You could have predicted this response on a Cat Stevens thread.
    Maybe but that doesn't mean it's not ignorant.

Did he ever recant his approval of the need to kill Salman Rushie? Just asking.
    For those who don't believe he ever approved, there's a youtube video of him doing just that.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    For those who don't believe he ever approved, there's a youtube video of him doing just that.
    Yeah, I wouldn't wipe my ass with the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    The full story is a little more nuanced.

Aren't they always? The bumper sticker crowd has a difficult time with nuance, though.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Aren't they always? The bumper sticker crowd has a difficult time with nuance, though.
    So you think approval of killing Salman Rushdie for his writings is nuanced? Do you further consider the beheading of Christians (as many Muslims are doing today) to be "nuanced"?
    How about all the women in Germany who have been raped by Muslim men over the last year?

If this man identifies with the people who wanted to kill Salman Rushdie merely for his words, he is part of the problem with Islam. Is that response "nuanced" enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    So you think approval of killing Salman Rushdie for his writings is nuanced? Do you further consider the beheading of Christians (as many Muslims are doing today) to be "nuanced"?
    How about all the women in Germany who have been raped by Muslim men over the last year?

If this man identifies with the people who wanted to kill Salman Rushdie merely for his words, he is part of the problem with Islam. Is that response "nuanced" enough for you?
    Whoa, hold on there cowboy! Don't be putting words in my mouth. I was simply replying to rcarlberg's comment about full stories being nuanced. I was not commenting on this particular topic. My point is that the world is not in black and white. It's in shades of gray. Those who have opinions that can fit on a bumper sticker live in a black and white world and are not worth debating complex issues.

"Part of the problem with Islam," is a loaded statement to which I will not reply. But, from what I see, all organized religions have problems. Remember the Crusades?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

After reading the "cliff notes" (aka: Wikipedia) version of events, I'd have to agree the story is a bit more nuanced. It would have been more appropriate if CS/YI had been clear at the outset, & every time since, in saying that there are 2 responses to insulting the prophet, orthodox or rational/intelligent, & he, CS/YI, subscribed to the later. But, again according to Wiki, CS/YI continued to muck it up.

But then, who among us hasn't said something in our life that we regret? However, when it concerns murder, the stakes, & the consequences, are higher. As it should be.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Whoa, hold on there cowboy! Don't be putting words in my mouth. I was simply replying to rcarlberg's comment about full stories being nuanced. I was not commenting on this particular topic. My point is that the world is not in black and white. It's in shades of gray. Those who have opinions that can fit on a bumper sticker live in a black and white world and are not worth debating complex issues.

"Part of the problem with Islam," is a loaded statement to which I will not reply. But, from what I see, all organized religions have problems. Remember the Crusades?
    Talk about "bumper sticker mentality"!

If you properly read up on the crusades, you will find that the attacks on Muslims were in response to Muslims slaughtering Christians, Jews, and pretty much anyone who did not bow to Mohmmed and Allah. The Pope didn't just up and decide to slaughter millions of Muslims. The Muslims started the conquests and the Crusaders responded to turn back their "Jihad".

I will simply remind you that all the Abrahamic religions, Christians and Muslims and Jews, use the same Old Testament, the Pentateuch, with its Iron Age morality.

Enough Politics & Religion. Mods, please close the thread.
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 08-12-2016 at 09:27 PM.

[QUOTE=Jubal;599939]So you think approval of killing Salman Rushdie for his writings is nuanced? Do you further consider the beheading of Christians (as many Muslims are doing today) to be "nuanced"?

How did disapproval of Yusuf Islam's comments about Rushdie become about Muslims beheading Christians? Or rape? Or rewriting history about the crusades?

Wow.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

I'm going to do something crazy on this thread - such as replying to the OP. I'd go to the Toronto show if it weren't for a 5 hour drive (at least) and rush hour traffic. Too bad he couldn't make it to Ottawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    Talk about "bumper sticker mentality"!

If you properly read up on the crusades, you will find that the attacks on Muslims were in response to Muslims slaughtering Christians, Jews, and pretty much anyone who did not bow to Mohmmed and Allah. The Pope didn't just up and decide to slaughter millions of Muslims. The Muslims started the conquests and the Crusaders responded to turn back their "Jihad".
    Thanks for illustrating my point, Sherlock.

The Pope didn't just up and decide to slaughter millions of Muslims.
    You're really good at putting words into people's mouths,aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I'm going to do something crazy on this thread - such as replying to the OP. I'd go to the Toronto show if it weren't for a 5 hour drive (at least) and rush hour traffic. Too bad he couldn't make it to Ottawa.
    I'd like to go but the crap seats are $90 and the best ones are $330 so not sure it's in the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
    I'd like to go but the crap seats are $90 and the best ones are $330 so not sure it's in the budget.
    Wow! That's steep.

Quote Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
    If the Beacon tickets are that expensive I'd like to see them come close to selling out two nights there.

It would certainly be great to see him. But those prices are way too high for me.

I would also expect protesters to follow him around the country, based on you know what.

Those prices are outrageous, especially considering he's unlikely to mount a huge stage show with props, dancers and backup singers.

Those prices are outrageous, especially considering he's unlikely to mount a huge stage show with props, dancers and backup singers.
    There's the big, inflatable Salman Rushdie with glowing eyes...