Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Every Jethro Tull album ranked from worst to best!

Quote Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
    well it's right on the edge of being one...
    You mean it's close to the --- Oh, sorry. Wrong band.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Another Tull album thread. But, once again, here I stand saying that "Under Wraps" is my fav Tull album. I do love the obvious ones (Aqualung, TAAB, SFTW, Broadsword) but I have listened to Under Wraps a lot more than any other Tull album.

No accounting for some people's tastes, eh?
    I too love that album. While I completely love the early pre-prog era the best, there's something very special about Walk Into Light and Underwraps. I get that people don't like drum machines, but Anderson's lyrics were really great on those two albums, along with his songwriting in general. Start to finish, they just work.

Aqualung and Thick As A Brick I wore out in my youth, and to be honest I never got in to the Songs From The Wood/Heavy Horses albums.

All that said, the fourth side of Living In The Past is my favorite however many minutes of Tull on record, with "From Later" the best encapsulation of prog in 2 minutes, period. IMHO, of course! As a young teen that album made me tingle with excitement.

D1 Wond'ring Again 4:11
    D2 Hymn 43 3:16
    D3 Life Is A Long Song 3:18
    D4 Up The 'Pool 3:10
    D5 Dr. Bogenbroom 2:59
    D6 From Later 2:06
    D7 Nursie 1:35
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    I too love that album. While I completely love the early pre-prog era the best, there's something very special about Walk Into Light and Underwraps. I get that people don't like drum machines, but Anderson's lyrics were really great on those two albums, along with his songwriting in general. Start to finish, they just work.

Aqualung and Thick As A Brick I wore out in my youth, and to be honest I never got in to the Songs From The Wood/Heavy Horses albums.

All that said, the fourth side of Living In The Past is my favorite however many minutes of Tull on record, with "From Later" the best encapsulation of prog in 2 minutes, period. IMHO, of course! As a young teen that album made me tingle with excitement.

D1 Wond'ring Again 4:11
    D2 Hymn 43 3:16
    D3 Life Is A Long Song 3:18
    D4 Up The 'Pool 3:10
    D5 Dr. Bogenbroom 2:59
    D6 From Later 2:06
    D7 Nursie 1:35

"Wond'ring Again" is so good!