8.I Put A Spell On You (not on CD)
    9.Hiding Out
    10.The Sea Refuses No River
    11.Face The Face
    12.Pinball Wizard
    13.A Little Is Enough
    14.Rough Boys
    15.Night Train

What. A. Band. One of my favorite albums too, so good.

https://youtu.be/LeXf90OGTHE

Which concert is this? I know they showed a concert on MTV at the time, I think shot at the Brixton Academy. If I remember correctly, Townshend only did a handful of shows in Europe and France with that band, so I can't imagine there being too man other options than that one.

It's interesting to see Blue Light in that setlist. The show I saw on MTV, they did Love On The Air, with Gilmour singing lead. Of course, Love On The Air was one of the songs Gilmour and Townshend wrote together. I don't remember them doing Blue Light, though, but could be that it was just edited out. On the other hand, if we go by the above setlist, Love On The Air appears to be MIA. Also absent is Save It For Later, the English Beat song that Townshend did with this band. I remember that, because in introing the song, Pete mentions that he called up Dave Wakeling and asked him for the guitar tuning.

Pete Townshend will launch his DVD Face The Face, which was filmed at his Cannes solo concert in France in 1986, on September 16.

The Who guitarist has also shared a teaser clip of him performing the title track alongside David Gilmour, Peter Hope-Evans and his Deep End band on German TV show Rockpalast. Watch it below. They were touring in support of Townshend's solo concept album White City: A Novel at the time.

The DVD is described as "a fascinating and compelling release. Pete Townshend and the band deliver an outstanding performance that showcases him as a solo artist as distinct from his work with The Who."

In June Townshend and Who bandmate Roger Daltrey slammed the planned Quadrophenia sequel To Be Someone as "a blatant attempt to cash in."

They said: "As far as the group and original producer Bill Curbishley are concerned, the new film is a blatant attempt to cash in on the original film’s enduring popularity. The new film doesn’t feature Sting, Leslie Ash or Ray Winstone from the original, let alone any words or music from The Who.

“For the avoidance of doubt, this project isn’t endorsed by The Who, Who Films, Universal or any of the other rights owners of the original.”

The Who recently postponed five UK dates until next April to coincide with two new dates at London’s Royal Albert Hall, which will see them play a new acoustic presentation of Tommy to benefit Teenage Cancer Trust. Their upcoming shows in Germany, Austria and Italy will still go ahead as planned.

They'll also appear at October's California mega festival, Desert Trip alongside Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones.

Face The Face can be pre-ordered via Amazon.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Which concert is this? I know they showed a concert on MTV at the time, I think shot at the Brixton Academy. If I remember correctly, Townshend only did a handful of shows in Europe and France with that band, so I can't imagine there being too man other options than that one.

It's interesting to see Blue Light in that setlist. The show I saw on MTV, they did Love On The Air, with Gilmour singing lead. Of course, Love On The Air was one of the songs Gilmour and Townshend wrote together. I don't remember them doing Blue Light, though, but could be that it was just edited out. On the other hand, if we go by the above setlist, Love On The Air appears to be MIA. Also absent is Save It For Later, the English Beat song that Townshend did with this band. I remember that, because in introing the song, Pete mentions that he called up Dave Wakeling and asked him for the guitar tuning.
    Is this the one that was done by a pool?

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    What. A. Band. One of my favorite albums too, so good.

https://youtu.be/LeXf90OGTHE
    That was really cool.

And a great setlist. Might have to pick this one up.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Pete Townshend will launch his DVD Face The Face, which was filmed at his Cannes solo concert in France in 1986, on September 16.
    Hmm, that would appear to be different from that one that was shown on MTV, then, which I believe was issued on VHS (apparently Stateside only, according to one of the Pink Floyd books I have), and I believe there was also a live album put out from the show too. Me thinks maybe they should have put out a double DVD with both concerts in it.

Hmm, that would appear to be different from that one that was shown on MTV, then, which I believe was issued on VHS (apparently Stateside only, according to one of the Pink Floyd books I have), and I believe there was also a live album put out from the show too. Me thinks maybe they should have put out a double DVD with both concerts in it.
    The Brixton one included a lovely cover of "Save It for Later," unfortunately not on the set list for this new one.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    The Brixton one included a lovely cover of "Save It for Later," unfortunately not on the set list for this new one.
    Yeah, I mentioned that up thread, Townshend talked about calling up Dave Wakeling to ask him about the tuning for the song. They also do Love On The Air on the Brixton show, with Gilmour on lead vocals. Like I said, they oughta put both on one DVD (along with whatever video footage that exists of the Deep End band).

Yeah, I mentioned that up thread
    Duh! Sorry, missed that.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    It's available in Beta!

https://www.amazon.com/Pete-Townshen...nshend+brixton