Thread: ProgDay 2016 Preshow!

ProgDay 2016 Preshow!

ProgDay 2016 Preshow!

ProgDay is pleased to announce the performance of two great bands at the ProgDay 2016 Preshow at Cat's Cradle in Carrboro on Friday night:

ABACAB - The Music Of Genesis
    Formed in July 2015 by five well-seasoned musicians in the Charlotte NC metro area, ABACAB comprised of vocalist/multi instrumentalist Pete Lents, bassist/rhythm guitarist Cliff Stankiewicz, keyboardist Patrick Raymaker, lead guitarist/bassist Ryan Richard and drummer Jefferson Nunnery came together with a common goal...Pay loving tribute to one of the most iconic bands of the 20th century, and bring their music back to the stage where it belongs... From progressive rock pioneers of the 70's, to pop stadium rock icons of the 80's, to the multi platinum solo careers...This is the music of GENESIS.

ECLIPSE - The Pink Floyd Experience
    Eclipse - The Pink Floyd Experience is a band presenting the music and visual atmosphere of PINK FLOYD spanning the band's most successful and iconic material. Based out of Charlotte, N.C., members include Ryan Richard (Guitar and Vocals), Barry Hannibal (Drums, Percussion, Electronic Percussion and Odd Electronic Sounds), Jeff Stone (Bass Guitar and Vocals), and Robert Geiger (Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Synthesizers).

For more information and to buy tickets, please visit the Preshow page of the ProgDay website.

---------------------

Join DEUS EX MACHINA, DISCIPLINE, BENT KNEE, JONATHAN SCALES FOURCHESTRA, EYE, LUZ DE RIADA, AD ASTRA and IN THE PRESENCE OF WOLVES at ProgDay 2016, the 22nd edition of the longest running progressive rock festival in the world. The festival will take place on Saturday, September 3rd, and Sunday, September 4th, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, and to hear music from this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

Thanks.

Michael

www.progday.net
    www.michaelbennett.com

As I just posted over on the P&O list - I'm really psyched for this year's ProgDay. I'd say at least half of the bands should be right up my alley, and there's a few others that sound promising. And now a Genesis/Floyd tribute preshow on top of that? I can't wait.
    --
    The internet was better before Berners-Lee let the riff-raff in.

I'm going to Cat's Cradle tonight to see "BORIS" - - - my favorite venue on this side of the tracks.