Thread: Happy 90th Birthday Tony Bennett!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Happy 90th Birthday Tony Bennett!

My mom was a fan when she was a teen, and used to go see him in Miami clubs.

Sirius XM's Sinatra channel is devoting the day to Tony starting at 6am August 3rd. My morning commute will be cool!

My grandmother used to tell people she was related to Tony. She fibbed because her last name was DiBenedetto and his is Benedetto.

Happy 90th, uncle Tony.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Last living from the classic "croonera" (Anka's too young and Sedaka crooned too little), and he deserves praise. Congrats, old and graceful man.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I'll go out on a limb and guess that TB doesn't read PE.

A class act all the way. He's also one hell of a painter.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Happy 90th Birthday Tony Bennett!

I was lucky enough to win free tickets to see him at the iTunes festival in London a few years back. I was stood a few metres from him and was transfixed. He encored with an un-miked solo and you could hear a pin drop, pure reverence throughout.

Happy Birthday to one of the greats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen him 5 times in the last 15 years, and he defies logic. Unlike what happened to Sinatra, imo Tony's voice hasn't lost a thing, and actually may be better at 90 than at 70.

I had the chance to talk to him briefly about 25 years ago at a local record store appearance here in Madison. Since he was raised in Astoria, Queens and I was raised in Sunnyside (2 neighborhoods that border each other), he spent a little more time talking with me & the people behind me in line were shooting me daggers.

Happy birthday to a true renaissance man! (No dumb jokes please, Jed)
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Pretty amazing that he sang on last year's Rockefeller Center Christmas broadcast, and seemed fine!

He was on the Late Night w/Colbert show and the audience sang happy birthday to him...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    He was on the Late Night w/Colbert show and the audience sang happy birthday to him...
    Ccol

My dad was horribly embarrassed at turning 90. He didn't make it to 91, but he did like Tony Bennett, so TB is okay by me.