Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Why Do Musicians Take Drugs and Drink to Excess?

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Caffeine? Nicotine?
    Forget which book where he says he did in fact smoke pot but it gave him a sore throat so he didn't smoke again..
    Define drugs... Tea, sugar ?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Define drugs... Tea, sugar ?
    Next to Cocaine, and Heroin, Nicoltine has the highest additive liability of any drugs.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

In the 80's when I played Drugs and excessiveness were a part of the deal. These days I tell people in clubs that I cannot drink anymore, and people just say "god bless" - no pressure to be cool. just people enjoying what they will - allowing others the same leeway. Ot maybe I'm old and dont care anymore...
    I got nothin'

...avoiding any implication that I have ever entertained a cognizant thought.

live samples:
    https://soundcloud.com/yodelgoat/yod...om-a-live-show
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/PapaYode...=page_internal

Orange Tick Squasher Buddhabreath's Avatar
    Interesting discussion and there are many answers of course. My 2 cents is that pot and psychedelics have been a muse to many artists that otherwise may not have created what they did. I have absolutely no doubt that, if not abused, these substances can greatly enhance creativity. I am not talking about alcohol, cocaine, heroine etc. etc.
    The combined fortunes of the world's 26 richest individuals reached $1.4 trillion last year the same amount as the total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest people.

Rescued from Oblivion
    I Can't Stand My Own Mind

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Cameron Crowe has a documentary on David Crosby. A poster boy for extreme substance abuse but amazingly he survived and created some truly wonderful music.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

The weird thing about Crosby is that his last 4 records are arguably the best he's ever done. They're really very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Cameron Crowe has a documentary on David Crosby. A poster boy for extreme substance abuse but amazingly he survived and created some truly wonderful music.
    Speaking of Crosby, his old bandmate Stills was similarly the power user. In Sammy Hagar's autobiography Red, he writes of how Stills showed up down at Cabo during one of their big outings, and proceeded to put everyone, Lars Ulrich included, "to shame" when it came to snortin' & steamin' along. "Want some coke?" "I brought my own."

Stills disappeared with Lars and some of the guys along the beach, and returned three days later. Lars insinuated they did not sleep the entire time.

When Sam was aboard the plane, awaiting departure, he saw Stills dragging his leg across the tarmac. He was experiencing gout due to dehydration.

Wow, I need to read more... This is interesting...
    I got nothin'

...avoiding any implication that I have ever entertained a cognizant thought.

live samples:
    https://soundcloud.com/yodelgoat/yod...om-a-live-show
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/PapaYode...=page_internal

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Speaking of Crosby, his old bandmate Stills was similarly the power user. In Sammy Hagar's autobiography Red, he writes of how Stills showed up down at Cabo during one of their big outings, and proceeded to put everyone, Lars Ulrich included, "to shame" when it came to snortin' & steamin' along. "Want some coke?" "I brought my own."

Stills disappeared with Lars and some of the guys along the beach, and returned three days later. Lars insinuated they did not sleep the entire time.

When Sam was aboard the plane, awaiting departure, he saw Stills dragging his leg across the tarmac. He was experiencing gout due to dehydration.
    Anyone interested in the antics of CSN&Y I highly recommend the recent book by Pete Doggett about their history. https://www.amazon.com/Crosby-Stills...s%2C155&sr=1-1 Crosby was the king abuser of that band, but yea, Stills was not too far behind. According to the book Stills was more into booze and Crosby into drugs, but they both did their share of both.
    Last edited by SteveSly; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:26 PM.

In the Rather interview with CSN, Stills revealed he was stone deaf in one ear. He has the speech patterns of a deaf person that can't hear himself speak.