Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why Do Musicians Take Drugs and Drink to Excess?

They want to fit in with the audience at Progday.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Thanks! Same here! Did you know the Hamilton Mall has a record store now?
    Really? Of course that must be a chain store right? I can't believe it, record stores are somewhat obsolete in South Jersey. Tunes is still around (I believe). I remember two significant things happening in the summer of 2006. Syd Barrett died and Tower Records closed for good.

Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    Great reading and great insights, Enid! I've seen parts of what you're talking about throughout my career and I share the notion and guilt that I could/should have done more for now dead or destroyed friends!
    Man, the same here!.
    Great readings-achievements Enid!!.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

you would not believe the number of people who act shocked that I don't do drugs-and I'm not a musician.
    you would not believe the number of people who act shocked that I don't do drugs (anymore -- and very sparingly when I was younger)-and I am a musician.

To quote Nosebone "Addiction is an unbiased decease that can affect anybody. Musicians and celebrities make the headlines, not the plumbers and garbage men."

this is exactly what I was trying to say in my post on Page 1

Quote Originally Posted by Enid View Post
    Really? Of course that must be a chain store right? I can't believe it, record stores are somewhat obsolete in South Jersey. Tunes is still around (I believe). I remember two significant things happening in the summer of 2006. Syd Barrett died and Tower Records closed for good.
    Tunes opened a location two doors over from where I work after CD Exchange closed on New road. LOVE Tunes-I used to shop there after work regularly when I worked in Cross Keys.

The one at Hamilton Mall is a splinter off of the one in Ocean City. Cool place-recently got a Lovecraft reading, a Death in June color vinyl, a Goblin Record Store day Import...I am considering ordering some Bongripper.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    you would not believe the number of people who act shocked that I don't do drugs (anymore -- and very sparingly when I was younger)-and I am a musician.

To quote Nosebone "Addiction is an unbiased decease that can affect anybody. Musicians and celebrities make the headlines, not the plumbers and garbage men."

this is exactly what I was trying to say in my post on Page 1

Some of the biggest druggies are people in the food business, I have noticed. A bakery I worked at, the owner's son bragged about using cocaine (even on the job). My sister worked at a restaurant and the whipped cream would deflate and run after a couple of minutes because some of the staff was doing whippits from the cans (the place is long since gone and demolished). I think the bakery my sister worked at before that had someone on the staff being a huge drug problem.

Anthony Bourdain was a big Rock Star Chef druggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Anthony Bourdain was a big Rock Star Chef druggie.
    Ugh! Rock Star chefs!

And I believe Bourdain was a druggie (so was Zimmern, come to think of it....I guess that explains why eating hagfish does not bother these guys...)

Rune Black wings.......One story about Tunes......Several serious record collectors out of Philadelphia used to literally dump off huge collections to Tunes and that"s when I did most of my shopping there. This was in the early 90"s and there were loads of rare imports. In the early 90"s many underground Prog. CD had to be special ordered . At that time I had huge collections of Classical music....Jazz....Folk....Prog...,.Blues.,and each amounting to three and five hundred....something of a figure when I would arrive to TUnes ....probably five hundred CD"s to sell off each visit. Many CDs were rare...obscure and the guy who would check them in said he wanted to check me out. He acted like he really didn't believe me when I told him I was a collector. The manager always supported my being there to sell him product that he would make good profit from. But this guy behind the counter would cry whenever he saw me bringing in CDs. One time he stood yelling to the air about me and my huge collection that he had to check in......until one day he says....Where are you getting these CDs? Very strange way to represent a business?????

For about two years I taught special Ed students basic music theory and guitar instruction. About 20 students and they were from an environment of drugs and violence. They were teenagers with deep issues and a history of crime. At some point in time several students broke down and began discussing their abuse. About four of the teenage girls I taught had been raped by a family member and they used to breakdown in tears half way through the lesson. I applied total support became a good listener and shared a more positive light with them. The lessons became a therapy session. Everyday we focused on how unimportant violence was and I was able to de...program them a bit. It"s a sad situation.

Ugh! Rock Star chefs!

And I believe Bourdain was a druggie (so was Zimmern, come to think of it....I guess that explains why eating hagfish does not bother these guys...)
    AB makes no bones about being a former heroin addict.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Strange lad.

I have seen and heard what you have and had. If I had a store and you brought that in, half of it would never make it to the store shelves...they would be on my shelves...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the drug use in the occult world is brutal. Children are drugged prior to ritual abuse and cults have a history of using drugs to accomplish deeds for their demi-god. They are sadistic in nature although some members are programmed to worship God in the day...and Satan of the night. I remember a girl between ages 4 or 5 being drugged and lowered into a snake pit of dead snakes so the Watchtower Society could channel through her demon. That's delusional to me. Then she escaped and went public and was called a "whistleblower" and I think she was only sharing her stories . She's married to a federal officer and has moved on with her life. She was drugged.

In the late 60's , 70's ...and in my hometown...kids went missing, kids and teenagers were abused and programmed by cults, ...and I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. One particular ritualistic killing hit the newspapers when a young man's body surfaced in "Clear Pond". The police scoped the area and confiscated evidence in the woods and in the victim's room leading them to believe that this was a real sect. This evidence they studied after two young boys came forward admitting to the crime. The two boys were convicted but the investigation lasted 2 years as they interrogated members of this sect. The victim may have been drugged by late afternoon when he was murdered.

In the dark woods I heard singing and chanting , crying and screaming...as they worshipped Satan. I assume they were all taking drugs or quite delusional. In the "Miami Times" '71there was an article stating that anywhere between 80 to 90 teenaged devil worshippers in Vineland were successfully converted to Christianity. A Christian community was brought in to the town and attempted to convert as many kids as possible. They walked the streets and followed us home from school. They questioned us about cults. The reason for this was obviously a method of working against corruption that seemed to have power and control over the youth in town. They were drugged. That's right...they were drugged first and programmed after. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNzUlUN3v

peer pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    AB makes no bones about being a former heroin addict.
    Reading Bordain's book was pretty much my exact same experience working in the restaurant biz back in the early 80's. Although I never saw Heroin, my first experience with Cocaine was working in the kitchen of a restaurant. I thought he nailed the whole food service industry to a tee.

I think the drug use in the occult world is brutal. Children are drugged prior to ritual abuse and cults have a history of using drugs to accomplish deeds for their demi-god. They are sadistic in nature although some members are programmed to worship God in the day...and Satan of the night. I remember a girl between ages 4 or 5 being drugged and lowered into a snake pit of dead snakes so the Watchtower Society could channel through her demon. That's delusional to me. Then she escaped and went public and was called a "whistleblower" and I think she was only sharing her stories . She's married to a federal officer and has moved on with her life. She was drugged.

In the late 60's , 70's ...and in my hometown...kids went missing, kids and teenagers were abused and programmed by cults, ...and I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. One particular ritualistic killing hit the newspapers when a young man's body surfaced in "Clear Pond". The police scoped the area and confiscated evidence in the woods and in the victim's room leading them to believe that this was a real sect. This evidence they studied after two young boys came forward admitting to the crime. The two boys were convicted but the investigation lasted 2 years as they interrogated members of this sect. The victim may have been drugged by late afternoon when he was murdered.

In the dark woods I heard singing and chanting , crying and screaming...as they worshipped Satan. I assume they were all taking drugs or quite delusional. In the "Miami Times" '71there was an article stating that anywhere between 80 to 90 teenaged devil worshippers in Vineland were successfully converted to Christianity. A Christian community was brought in to the town and attempted to convert as many kids as possible. They walked the streets and followed us home from school. They questioned us about cults. The reason for this was obviously a method of working against corruption that seemed to have power and control over the youth in town. They were drugged. That's right...they were drugged first and programmed after. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNzUlUN3v
    Hm. Okay.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

My point is that ritualistic killings have been documented for decades and a lot can be attributed to the usage of drugs and programming. Drugs are often used as an accommodation to programming. It is an evil minded process to plant triggers into a person"s mind. If you believe in any of this stuff?...because skeptics have to experience a horrific incident in their hometown before believing anything. I could careless what imaginary God they worship...they do what they do. They shove pills down a person's throat or they somehow lure you in ...and offer you a drink that is spiked. Then the cult has total physical and mental control over you. They use drugs for their consistent agenda. This activity has been on going for hundreds of years. In witchcraft and particularly mojo where a person claiming to be a witch or even a high priestess ...works roots on someone that they desire to control. From my personal belief and in the majority of cases this so called mind control process is strictly based on the usage of medicine contained in roots and that there is no supernatural evidence to the experience whatsoever. The drugs are apparently working but the witch who is mixing them in your food and drink is completely delusional to believe that he or she has control over another humans mind aside from the affect the drugs are having.
    Last edited by Enid; 08-05-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Reading Bordain's book was pretty much my exact same experience working in the restaurant biz back in the early 80's. Although I never saw Heroin, my first experience with Cocaine was working in the kitchen of a restaurant. I thought he nailed the whole food service industry to a tee.

I was also in the restaurant biz in the 80s, and cocaine use was rampant.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

My point is that ritualistic killings have been documented for decades and a lot can be attributed to the usage of drugs and programming. Drugs are often used as an accommodation to programming. It is an evil minded process to plant triggers into a person"s mind. If you believe in any of this stuff?...because skeptics have to experience a horrific incident in their hometown before believing anything. I could careless what imaginary God they worship...they do what they do. They shove pills down a person's throat or they somehow lure you in ...and offer you a drink that is spiked. Then the cult has total physical and mental control over you. They use drugs for their consistent agenda. This activity has been on going for hundreds of years. In witchcraft and particularly mojo where a person claiming to be a witch or even a high priestess ...works roots on someone that they desire to control. From my personal belief and in the majority of cases this so called mind control process is strictly based on the usage of medicine contained in roots and that there is no supernatural evidence to the experience whatsoever. The drugs are apparently working but the witch who is mixing them in your food and drink is completely delusional to believe that he or she has control over another humans mind aside from the affect the drugs are having.
    Except that most, if not all, of the "ritualistic killings" (and "Satanic abuse") have been proven, over and over again, to be BS.
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

This conversation has veered off into the ZBop Universe...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    I was also in the restaurant biz in the 80s, and cocaine use was rampant.
    You didn't have to be in the restaurant biz to partake in the 80s. It was everywhere. I got heavily involved in that crap & regret it to this day because of some of the stupid sh*t I did then

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Except that most, if not all, of the "ritualistic killings" (and "Satanic abuse") have been proven, over and over again, to be BS.
    I can't agree with that based on the fact that a boy was murdered in a ritual killing when I was in school. The police had absolute proof that he was. Evidence was confiscated, witnesses testified, and two boys admitted to the crime. Then Jeannette Depalma was murdered a year later and that case had traces of ritualistic evidence..although the town tried to cover it up because they didn't want to gain a bad reputation. That happens often in these cases. She wasn't far from Watchung N.J where the reservation existed and that was reported to be a bit infested with devil worship and witchcraft. You might be thinking more about the "Satanic Panic" era when morons formed "Lost Boys" cults and the publications industry had a field day reporting on day care centers and "Heavy Metal" Satanic geeks sacrificing a virgin teenage girl because Satan told them it would make them a better guitar player. That's a silly world existing in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    I'd have to agree... It's an urban legend in 99% of the cases (not saying it ever happened) that most godly-christians like to propagate

These so-called satanists are out to have fun in their evil trips and maybe a goat gets sacrificed over a pentagram made from chicken blood, but my guess that even that is rare.

In Europe, the journalistic enquiries show that these satanist are more into weird sex orgies than actually killing a goat and toying with its blood
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I can't agree with that based on the fact that a boy was murdered in a ritual killing when I was in school. The police had absolute proof that he was. Evidence was confiscated, witnesses testified, and two boys admitted to the crime. Then Jeannette Depalma was murdered a year later and that case had traces of ritualistic evidence..although the town tried to cover it up because they didn't want to gain a bad reputation. That happens often in these cases. She wasn't far from Watchung N.J where the reservation existed and that was reported to be a bit infested with devil worship and witchcraft. You might be thinking more about the "Satanic Panic" era when morons formed "Lost Boys" cults and the publications industry had a field day reporting on day care centers and "Heavy Metal" Satanic geeks sacrificing a virgin teenage girl because Satan told them it would make them a better guitar player. That's a silly world existing in the 80's.

Enid,

With all due respect, here...
    but if you're serious and really believe this...

As much as I enjoyed your posts early in this thread, this kind of posting maybe a living proof that you have indeed suffered from major drug abuse and that you may indeed not have gone unscathed and still enduring the post-trip (or damage, if you wish) effects.

I mean, this would be almost laughable if it was written with that precise intention (but I doubt it)...
    But if written seriously, this is worrysome ... for you, that is.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Enid,

With all due respect, here...
    but if you're serious and really believe this...

As much as I enjoyed your posts early in this thread, this kind of posting maybe a living proof that you have indeed suffered from major drug abuse and that you may indeed not have gone unscathed and still enduring the post-trip (or damage, if you wish) effects.

I mean, this would be almost laughable if it was written with that precise intention (but I doubt it)...
    But if written seriously, this is worrysome ... for you, that is.
    Sorry Trane...no drugs actually. I tried a few but nothing to speak of. But let me ask you this, where on earth do you get the idea that a bunch of weirdo a-holes could never dress up in black hooded cloaks, call themselves a cult, claim that Satan exists, and to top it all off, torture and sexually abuse people? Like....where do you get the idea that ...that wouldn't be possible? I know that on Wikipedia it is stated that S.R.A. has never been proven...but sorry...that's B.S. Police investigations are lame and they revolve around protecting the image of their town. What about all the documented cases on file where people were murdered and all the traces of a cult lingered or surrounded the case? I can't help the fact that a boy was murdered in my hometown when I was in Junior High. The police reported that he was murdered by a Satan cult, many kids in school knew he was into the occult, the police confiscated evidence, we were all questioned,...what more evidence do you want? Two boys came forward and admitted to the crime revolving around the victims ideas on witchcraft and devil worship. It wasn't a hoax. You don't understand my position at all. I don't care what kind of phony God these people worshipped. I don't believe in the supernatural at all. But it is evident that cults exist. You don't get that?