Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1986

Thread: 2016 NCAA College Football

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm not ready quite yet to say that the Badgers are that good (Jonathan Taylor & a much better Coan rather than Hornischnook @ QB notwithstanding), so it must mean that MI is that bad..

After WI plays in Columbus later on this season (providing they don't lose a game they should win before then), we'll see if WI can finally crack the top 4 to the playoffs (they went from #13 to #8 this week after the MI game).
    They sure looked good this weekend. I was flipping back and forth between this one WMU / Syracuse and MSU / Northwestern and Buckey looks like the real deal.

It appears I've been slowly losing interest in college football for the past few years; too many scandals, etc. I totally blew off OSU's first three games. Still, I tuned into their game against Miami and was wondering what the hell was going on. At one point, Miami was leading 5-0. WTF?! OSU finally scored at the end of the 1st qtr, but still. Where was this great defense I kept hearing about?

After the 2nd qtr started, I got sleepy and decided to take a nap. Later that evening I tuned into an evening game to check the OSU-Miami score.

76-5???? 76 points?!?! That's a basketball score!! They scored 42 points in the 2nd quarter alone!!!!

After the half, none of the starters played and they still scored 27 points. Granted, we're talking about Miami, here, but I've never heard of such a lopsided game.

And I missed it.

Edit: Wondering if that was any kind of record, I checked. The game with the highest score by one team also happens to be the most lopsided. Georgia Tech beat Cumberland, 222–0 in 1916.
    Last edited by Hal...; 09-23-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    It appears I've been slowly losing interest in college football for the past few years; too many scandals, etc. I totally blew off OSU's first three games. Still, I tuned into their game against Miami and was wondering what the hell was going on. At one point, Miami was leading 5-0. WTF?! OSU finally scored at the end of the 1st qtr, but still. Where was this great defense I kept hearing about?

After the 2nd qtr started, I got sleepy and decided to take a nap. Later that evening I tuned into an evening game to check the OSU-Miami score.

76-5???? 76 points?!?! That's a basketball score!! They scored 42 points in the 2nd quarter alone!!!!

After the half, none of the starters played and they still scored 27 points. Granted, we're talking about Miami, here, but I've never heard of such a lopsided game.

And I missed it.

Edit: Wondering if that was any kind of record, I checked. The game with the highest score by one team also happens to be the most lopsided. Georgia Tech beat Cumberland, 222–0 in 1916.
    Miami Of Ohio is not a very good team this year. They are predicted to be cellar dwellars in the MAC.

Eeesh. The Hurricanes are getting their asses handed to them by VaTech.

Jesus the kicker from Miami is having a horrible afternoon. He's missed 3 field goals in a row.

What the hell happened to Wisconsin? I watched most of it, but did not see the end. Illinois is not a good team. Has to be one of the biggest upsets of the year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    What the hell happened to Wisconsin?
    Looking ahead. It's Bucky's turn in the barrel next week.

We lost in OT. They did their best to lose the game.

Harbaugh's Invincible Marauders are about to tangle with Penn St. Think I'll watch it and knock back a few.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Harbaugh's Invincible Marauders are about to tangle with Penn St. Think I'll watch it and knock back a few.
    I was going to watch it but after the recent frequency change for broadcast channels, my local ABC affiliate is still off the air.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Looking ahead. It's Bucky's turn in the barrel next week.
    I actually thought Wisconsin would give them a game, but not if they play like they did today.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I actually thought Wisconsin would give them a game, but not if they play like they did today.
    It's possible. Ohio State's weakest position group is linebacker, and Bucky has a run-focused offense.

However, I've been watching Ohio State football since 1971, and I'm starting to wonder if this is the best Buckeye team I've ever seen. I know they haven't played anybody yet, but oh are they acing the eye test.

It's possible. Ohio State's weakest position group is linebacker, and Bucky has a run-focused offense.

However, I've been watching Ohio State football since 1971, and I'm starting to wonder if this is the best Buckeye team I've ever seen. I know they haven't played anybody yet, but oh are they acing the eye test.
    My brother said the same thing about their linebackers.

I certainly wouldn't call him weak, but I wish Dobbins was as good as Hyde or Elliott.

But how about Chase Young? God, what a beast. He may go down as the best DE in OSU history. Love that guy.

And how about that receiving corps?

I tell you, man, a few times now I've tuned into the game and started wondering what the hell is going on. 5-0 late in the first quarter against Miami?? And then, boom!

I would tend to agree with that. I have not seen a lot of their games this year, but what I have seen was very impressive.

Oh hell yes. Miami scores a go ahead TD with less than a minute left. 🤪

Kansas takes down Oklahoma.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

BOOM!

OSU 38 - UW 7

Chase Young is a god.
    Last edited by Hal...; 10-28-2019 at 11:22 AM.

It was a nail biter. I'll take it. We're not a good team but I gotta root for somebody, and there's no tanking in college ball.......

Not that they matter, really, but here are the top 10 in the current polls, w/votes for #1 in parentheses:

AP

1. LSU (17) 8-0
    2. Alabama (21) 8-0
    3. Ohio St. (17) 8-0
    4. Clemson (7) 8-0
    5. Penn St. 8-0
    6. Florida 7-1
    7. Oregon 7-1
    8. Georgia 6-1
    9. Utah 7-1
    10. Oklahoma 7-1

Coaches

1. Alabama (40)
    2. LSU (7)
    3. Clemson (10)
    4. Ohio St. (8)
    5. Penn St.
    6. Florida
    7. Georgia
    8. Oregon
    9. Oklahoma
    10. Utah

ESPN Power Index

1. Ohio State
    2. Alabama
    3. Clemson
    4. LSU
    5. Penn State
    6. Georgia
    7. Oklahoma
    8. Auburn
    9. Oregon
    10. Wisconsin

College Football Ranking Composite

1. Ohio St
    2. LSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Penn State
    5. Alabama
    6. Auburn
    7. Oregon
    8. Florida
    9. Oklahoma
    10. Utah

Watching Seminoles vs. Hurricanes.

Good win. Go Caines....

Wow. The first CFP Committee ranking:

1. Ohio State 8-0
    2. LSU 8-0
    3. Alabama 8-0
    4. Penn State 8-0
    5. Clemson 9-0
    6. Georgia 7-1
    7. Oregon 8-1
    8. Utah 8-1
    9. Oklahoma 7-1
    10. Florida 7-2

Oof. The Crimson Tide can't get out of their own way today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Oof. The Crimson Tide can't get out of their own way today.
    A shame, isn't it?