Thread: 2016 NCAA College Football

  1. #1551
    Member Camelogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lovetron
    Posts
    2,931
    Michigan beat Ohio State???

    Not happening.

  2. #1552
    Member since 7/13/2000 Hal...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Michigan beat Ohio State???

    Not happening.
    You just reminded me of a meme I made a few years ago:

    Many years ago, I started a misanthropic club. I'm still the only member.

  3. #1553
    Member since 7/13/2000 Hal...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    2,508
    Many years ago, I started a misanthropic club. I'm still the only member.

  4. #1554
    Member Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati-ish
    Posts
    1,739
    Cincy # 4!!!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

  5. #1555
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    5,971
    Watching the Wild Cats@ Razorbacks.

  6. #1556
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    5,971
    Go Meesheegan!

  7. #1557
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    8,092
    Ditto
    Ian

    Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  8. #1558
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Go Meesheegan!
    That should do it.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

  9. #1559
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    5,971
    Good win by Wolverines. Good win by the Hurricanes too. We're "bowlgible." Bowl Eligible....lol

  10. #1560
    Member Magic Mountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Stockton, NJ
    Posts
    203
    I hope that Harbaugh gives the game ball to Michigan's offensive line. What an inspired performance.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  11. #1561
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    9,821
    Very disappointing performance by the Buckeyes. Too many penalties, and other mistakes. But the real deciding factor was Michigan overpowering them at the point of attack. Ie, the running game. How many big pass plays did the Wolverines have? 2? 3? Probably not more than that, but they didn't need to. They ran the ball down the Buckeyes' throat, and Ohio St had no answer.

    I never bought into the narrative that the Buckeyes defense had elevated to a top defense, but I thought the offense was a pinball machine that could win any shootout. Too many mistakes for that to happen today.

  12. #1562
    Member since 7/13/2000 Hal...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Very disappointing performance by the Buckeyes. Too many penalties, and other mistakes. But the real deciding factor was Michigan overpowering them at the point of attack. Ie, the running game. How many big pass plays did the Wolverines have? 2? 3? Probably not more than that, but they didn't need to. They ran the ball down the Buckeyes' throat, and Ohio St had no answer.

    I never bought into the narrative that the Buckeyes defense had elevated to a top defense, but I thought the offense was a pinball machine that could win any shootout. Too many mistakes for that to happen today.
    Yep, too many mistakes - by both the players and especially the coaches, imo.
    Many years ago, I started a misanthropic club. I'm still the only member.

  13. #1563
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    5,971
    Go Auburn.

  14. #1564
    cunning linguist 3LockBox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Posts
    2,388
    I'm shocked. I thought that MI could win a close game but never dreamed they'd dominate OSU like that. Too bad the season didn't end right there. MI has to play relatively meaningless conference title game on a neutral field and after a huge victory over OSU they're gonna be ripe for a letdown. At least Harbaugh saved his job for another season.

  15. #1565
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    9,821
    And the Barn lets Bama off the hook. Smh.

    Alabama is the Pittsburgh Steelers of college football.

  16. #1566
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    6,342
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I'm shocked. I thought that MI could win a close game but never dreamed they'd dominate OSU like that. Too bad the season didn't end right there. MI has to play relatively meaningless conference title game on a neutral field and after a huge victory over OSU they're gonna be ripe for a letdown. At least Harbaugh saved his job for another season.
    My wife's Badgers blow it so Michigan will face Iowa who is playing very well right now. I think the Hawkeyes will give them a game.

  17. #1567
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    8,092
    Does Bama get any credit for going to 4 OTs to beat a 6-6 Auburn? I'm thinking no.
    Ian

    Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  18. #1568
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    9,821
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Does Bama get any credit for going to 4 OTs to beat a 6-6 Auburn? I'm thinking no.
    They shouldn't. They should also lose to Georgia, which should result in a CFP with no Alabama, no Clemson, and no Ohio St.

    The mind boggles.

  19. #1569
    Member proggy_jazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, IA, USA
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    My wife's Badgers blow it so Michigan will face Iowa who is playing very well right now. I think the Hawkeyes will give them a game.
    The problem is Iowa's offense is just...not good. My prediction: Michigan hands Iowa's ass to them, and then if they're elevated to the CFP, they in turn will get their ass handed to them by one of the teams from the SEC. Seems like the same script every year.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

  20. #1570
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    6,342
    Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    The problem is Iowa's offense is just...not good. My prediction: Michigan hands Iowa's ass to them, and then if they're elevated to the CFP, they in turn will get their ass handed to them by one of the teams from the SEC. Seems like the same script every year.
    True Iowa's offense is pretty lame, but I am thinking it will be more of a grind it out type of game on both sides of the ball. Then again I did not think Michigan had a chance today so what do I know. Gotta agree about the SEC. Georgia looks unstoppable to me.

  21. #1571
    Member proggy_jazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, IA, USA
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    True Iowa's offense is pretty lame, but I am thinking it will be more of a grind it out type of game on both sides of the ball. Then again I did not think Michigan had a chance today so what do I know. Gotta agree about the SEC. Georgia looks unstoppable to me.
    And by the way - thanks for letting P. J. Fleck come to Minnesota!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

  22. #1572
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    6,342
    Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    And by the way - thanks for letting P. J. Fleck come to Minnesota!
    Loosing their star running back at the beginning of the season really hurt the Gophers this year. I honestly think had that not happened, that they would have won the Big 10 West. As it is PJ is still having another successful season and can get the most out of teams with somewhat lesser talent. PJ is as ambitious as it comes and I don’t think there is any way he stays at Minnesota long term. He will eventually move on to a bigger program or the NFL.

  23. #1573
    Member since 7/13/2000 Hal...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    2,508
    Today's conference championship games (all times Eastern and post meridian):
    Big 12
    MAC
    AAC
    SEC
    ACC
    B1G
    Baylor vs OK State
    Kent State vs NIU
    Houston vs Cincinnati
    Georgia vs Alabama
    Pitt vs Wake Forest
    Iowa vs Michigan
    12:00
    12:00
    4:00
    4:00
    8:00
    8:00
    OR-UT played last night in the Pac 12 championship and UT won.

    These are the current rankings:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.

    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.
    9.
    10.
    Georgia 12-0
    Michigan 11-1
    Alabama 11-1
    Cincinnati 12-0

    Oklahoma St 11-1
    Notre Dame 11-1
    Ohio State 10-2
    Ole Miss 10-2
    Baylor 10-2
    Oregon 10-3
    Is there a chance for OK St, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, and/or Baylor to get into the playoffs?

    Who's playing in the Rose Bowl? UT & OSU if Mich wins? Or would an 11-3 Iowa go should they win?
    Many years ago, I started a misanthropic club. I'm still the only member.

  24. #1574
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    6,342
    I took Northern Illinois +3.5 which is looking really good at half time. I also took Iowa +10.5. I think it is going to be a grinder type of game and Iowa's defense will keep them in it.

  25. #1575
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    6,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Today's conference championship games (all times Eastern and post meridian):
    Big 12
    MAC
    AAC
    SEC
    ACC
    B1G
    Baylor vs OK State
    Kent State vs NIU
    Houston vs Cincinnati
    Georgia vs Alabama
    Pitt vs Wake Forest
    Iowa vs Michigan
    12:00
    12:00
    4:00
    4:00
    8:00
    8:00
    OR-UT played last night in the Pac 12 championship and UT won.

    These are the current rankings:
    [RIGHT][B]1.
    2.
    3
    Oregon 10-3
    Is there a chance for OK St, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, and/or Baylor to get into the playoffs?



    Who's playing in the Rose Bowl? UT & OSU if Mich wins? Or would an 11-3 Iowa go should they win?
    I think it is possible for ND or OK State to get in if everyone else loses. Baylor would be more of a long shot. Not sure how they would determine the Rose Bowl unless Iowa should win tonight. I would guess Ohio State if Michigan wins tonight, but not exactly sure how that is determined.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •