Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NCAA College Football

Screw you Doctor.

We kicked your asses. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Screw you Doctor.
    He's not a doctor, he's a lawyer. Can't you tell, Vic?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Lmao. Oh, I am dealing with it. Losing sucks doesn't it.
    Fuck you......

Any predictions?

OK should handle WV, no problem.
    Bama should win the Iron Bowl. But wouldn't it be funny if they lost?
    Clemson/SC is practically a done deal.
    WI should have no problem with MN.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    OMG!!!

Does this mean (pending Minnesota).....??
    Yep, but you had to know it was coming sooner or later. I just hope Bucky handles the B1G championship in decisive fashion. But even now I'd wager WI will be in the playoffs.

Go Badgers!
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

My understanding is that Bucky vs the Bucks in the B1G Championship is a done deal, regardless of today's games.

I would usually never root for Michigan due to rivalry reasons but today I'd love to see them take down Ohio St and knock them out of any playoff consideration for good. ESPN, aka The Ohio St Network, hosts all the college football playoff games, and I'm so tired of their blatant and over the top shilling for OSU to still get in the CFP even with 2 losses.

You've got Herbie the Mediocre QB who is frickin everywhere on that channel 24/7 devising scenarios for OSU to get in. He's on College GameDay, he's ESPNs primary and most prominent color analyst, he's on the CFP rankings show and every other talking heads show about CF during the week. And if that isn't enough, they've got another OSU alum, Joey Galloway, also shilling for them on multiple CF shows, the CF Scoreboard show, and also on the CFP show. My god ESPN, it's OSU overload.

And Herbie, your alma mater got embarrassed at home vs Oklahoma, and absolutely obliterated by an UNRANKED Iowa team. That Iowa loss alone should knock you out. That is why you're ranked behind Auburn and Notre Dame in the CFP rankings. NDs losses were by 1 point to Georgia and yes, a beatdown on the road to then unbeaten and 7th ranked Miami--certainly a much stronger opponent than Iowa. ND has played the 5th toughest schedule in the country. If ND beats a ranked Stanford on the road, OSU should not jump them in the rankings under any circumstances. Yet the ESPN Ohio St Network hype machine will be in full shill mode 24/7. You should be thankful you somehow snuck in the CFP last year without winning your conference and after losing head to head vs Penn St., who did win the B10. No Herbie, OSU does not deserve to get in every year. Rant over.

btw, breaking news. Chip Kelly taking UCLA job; Mike Riley fired at Nebraska. Watch both Florida and now Nebraska pull up the armored Brinks Truck to the door of UCF coach Scott Frost (a Neb alum). Watch Scott Frost leave his unbeaten squad and not coach them in a New Years Day bowl.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 11-25-2017 at 12:45 PM.

^ I love tOSU, but they have absolutely no business being anywhere near the CFP this year. Don't think the Dames make the cut either. Haven't noticed Herbie or Joey lobbying for the Buckeyes' inclusion in the CFP, but maybe I'm just not watching the right shows.

Looks like the Buckeyes are wearing their hideous unis today.

Great sign at Auburn on College Game Day: "Nick Saban colluded with Russia"

NDs possible path to get in is admittedly fairly remote, involves a lot of carnage and upsets, so I don't even want to realistically consider it until after the Stanford game, which they obviously have to win. It's a rivalry game and its tough to beat Stanford out there, and I really respect David Shaw, heckuva coach.

Don't get these goofy OSU unis, they should be wearing traditional helmets at least. They look like a MAC school.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    It would seem to me that altering the OSU unis should be tantamount to sacrilege, especially when they play Michigan, and I hate OSU.

GO BLUE!!!

I think those unis look like something out of the Mountain West or Big 12, and have the Nike stench all over them. However, I don't know that they're the guilty party.

Not a fan of either team but glad Ohio St. is making a game of it. Never liked Harbaugh as a coach. He was a good QB but after the way he left the 49ers that left a sour taste.

I'm hoping, for honestly the very first time ever, that OSU comes back, and only because Bucky has never been realistically close to the playoffs until now. I'd much rather play a team that is our equal in the B1G championship after they've won rather than when they're pissed and have more to prove.

Oh, and I agree with currently DocP that CFU's coach will be bolting for the bucks very soon.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm planning on watching the Badgers/Gophers game today - probably the first NCAA game I've watched in my life aside from a couple of Syracuse games. I'm really not a football fan, but I've been moved by the idea of watching a Badgers game and rooting for my wife's home town.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm planning on watching the Badgers/Gophers game today - probably the first NCAA game I've watched in my life aside from a couple of Syracuse games. I'm really not a football fan

Sorry Michigan fans. This one's gotta sting.

Darn it Michigan.
    Harbaugh not a good record vs OSU and Mich St. There were rumors that they were going to offer Harbaugh a lifetime contract to ease recruits fears he goes back to NFL. He's already got one of the most lucrative contracts in CFB. How long before the grousing starts getting loud around the Big House?

I'm watching the Alabama/Auburn game with an Alabama fan next to me at the pub. This rivalry is like the Hatfields and the McCoys. There is some serious bad blood between them.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000
    the first NCAA game I've watched in my life aside from a couple of Syracuse games. I'm really not a football fan
    Not keen on mom, apple pie and puppy dogs either?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Not keen on mom, apple pie and puppy dogs either?
    The orange idiot replaced them with racism and golf.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 11-25-2017 at 06:02 PM.

I haven't read anything above this, since I DVRd & didn't start watching WI-MN until 10 minutes ago. I hate commercials and love FF. See ya after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post

GO BLUE!!!
    Well, they went.

Meatchicken was at home. The Buckeyes have a young team that won't lose a lot to the NFL this year. Besides Haskins, Ohio St has another young stud QB named Tate Martell, but he's undersized, and may move to another position.
    Anyway, your best chance for the next few years may have been today.

Why are the Auburn fans waving Bama Crimson pom-poms?