Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1986

Thread: 2016 NCAA College Football

Looking forward to the Hurricanes @ Seminoles game today.

Lots of good stuff on this afternoon.

We're getting kicked in the nuts.

Purdue's tricking themselves with these trick plays.

A shame.

We're getting the shit kicked out of us.

The Buckeyes offense is an unstoppable machine today. 35 points already early in the 2nd.

Weer still innit.

Fire Manny Diaz. Now! They didn't spike the ball to stop the clock and kick a field goal. Dumbasses.

Ok. We're more than innit. Yeah.

If anyone here apart from myself appreciates beautiful women, you should check out the sideline reporter in the Ohio State-Purdue game. Katie George is quite the beauty. I had to check if there is any relation to Phyllis George, but alas, no. They both have connection to Kentucky, though.

Okay we lost. Fuck.

Fire Manny. They could have kicked a field goal before the half ended. Dumb asses. Fire Manny now. He's done.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    If anyone here apart from myself appreciates beautiful women...
    Of course, as long as you're referring to inner beauty then sure.

Nah, I'm yanking ya, I'm superficial too.

Phyllis George was hotter

Not shocking or anything, but the Buckeyes are destroying Sparty. 500 yards in the first half against a good team. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.

And now Oregon is going down. What a Saturday for Ohio St. With Alabama struggling, the Buckeyes could be number 2 in the next CFP poll.

Here's the current CFP ranking:

Georgia
    Alabama
    Oregon
    Ohio State

Cincy
    Mich
    Mich St
    Notre Dame
    Oklahoma State
    Wake Forest
    OR got spanked by Utah. I thought it was a fun - and funny - game to watch. MSU got thrashed by OSU. Likewise, Wake Forest got thumped by Clemson.

So, based on the past, this should be the top 6:
    GA
    AL
    OSU
    Cincy
    MI
    ND

So here's the $64,000 question: if all but MI win out, what is the committee going to do about Cincy & Notre Dame? Will they put Cincy in 4th?

If the final ranking is GA, AL, OSU, and Cincy, can Cincy give GA a game better than ND? IDK.

One thing I thought of, how cool would it be if OSU beats AL and Cincy punches above their weight and beats GA, putting OSU & Cincy in the final?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

They can’t all win out, though. UGA and Alabama will (more than likely—Auburn might surprise in the Iron Bowl) meet in December. A one-loss UGA is in. A one-loss Alabama is in. Is a two-loss Alabama in?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    They can’t all win out, though.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply I was including them because...

Is a two-loss Alabama in?
    ...probably. God forbid they should ever leave Nick Satan out of the playoffs. He would, after all, sic his father on them.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    SEC teams still move the meter, especially Alabama; unless they lose another game and look bad in doing so, they're in even with two losses. No way should Michigan be ranked in the Top-6 (and I'm a Michigan fan) unless they beat the Buckeyes.

If/when Alabama has 2 losses, they won't be in the final four, unless all the competition also has 2 losses. If Alabama and Michigan have 2 losses going into the postseason, as I expect they will, the 4 CFP teams will likely be Georgia, Ohio St, Notre Dame, and Cincinnati. Probably in that order.

As a Buckeye fan, I want to be in the 2 or 3 position, not facing Georgia until the final. I'm afraid of a letdown following a (possible) win over Georgia.

If/when Alabama has 2 losses, they won't be in the final four, unless all the competition also has 2 losses. If Alabama and Michigan have 2 losses going into the postseason, as I expect they will, the 4 CFP teams will likely be Georgia, Ohio St, Notre Dame, and Cincinnati. Probably in that order.
    In all seriousness, I agree. Altho, I wouldn't put it past the committee to overlook Cincy to include Bama, should they lose to GA in the SEC title game.

As a Buckeye fan, I want to be in the 2 or 3 position, not facing Georgia until the final.
    Apparently, that's the talk: people want to see the #1 defense go up against the #1 offense.

I'm afraid of a letdown following a (possible) win over Georgia.
    Not me. I see a lot of parallels between this team and the 2014 team. And if they did meet up with GA in the semifinal and beat them, I think they'd be on such a high they'd have no problem beating whoever they play in the final. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's see how they do in The Big House, first, after destroying MSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Let's see how they do in The Big House, first, after destroying MSU.
    I think this is the best Meatchicken team of the last 10-15 years. (I haven't looked at it for real, but it feels that way.) They have 2 unreal pass rushers. Unfortunately for them, we have the best O-line in the country. I think the Buckeyes are peaking, and I think they'll take them apart like a $2 watch. Our receivers appear to be virtually an unstoppable 3 headed monster, which is why I like our chances to hoist the trophy this year.

...we have the best O-line in the country. I think the Buckeyes are peaking, and I think they'll take them apart like a $2 watch.

Our receivers appear to be virtually an unstoppable 3 headed monster, which is why I like our chances to hoist the trophy this year.
    And those are the three starters. Commentators like to point out that Bama's best receiver - and one of the best in the country, Jameson Williams - was a transfer from OSU! Plus, the two main 2nd stringers (Fleming and Egbuka) are really good, too, not to mention an excellent RB, a very good RB, and a solid RB.

But, please don't say things like "I like our chances to hoist the trophy this year." We don't want to jinx them, do we?

^Y’all have been watching the Dawgs, right?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ^Y’all have been watching the Dawgs, right?
    Yep. Legitimate No. 1 ranked team. They might win the CFP. They might not.