Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1986

Thread: 2016 NCAA College Football

If you’re rooting for team chaos, then you want Alabama, Michigan and Cincy to lose. UGA is already in no matter what.

An Oklahoma State loss (which looks like it could happen) further muddles the issue.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Go Dawgs GO!!!!

It's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    It's over.
    Yeah. We still can’t figure out ‘Bama.

Go Bearcats!

I won't be rooting for Michigan in the CFP, but a tiny part of me is happy for them and their fans.

I'll be rooting for the Bearcats.

Congrats Michigan.

Damn that Crimson Tide.

Good to see Cincy in there but I'm really rooting for Mich. this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I think it is possible for ND or OK State to get in if everyone else loses. Baylor would be more of a long shot. Not sure how they would determine the Rose Bowl unless Iowa should win tonight. I would guess Ohio State if Michigan wins tonight, but not exactly sure how that is determined.
    Traditionally, the Rose Bowl was played by the conference champions of the Big Ten and Pac 12. Since the advent of the CFP, it's either the conference champion or the team with the best record if the conference champ is playing in the CFP. So it looks like OSU and Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    UGA is already in no matter what.
    I don't know about that. Three who are definitely going are Bama, UM, and Cincy, who will more than likely be ranked in that order.
    [sidebar: I don't think the Committee will leave Cincy out even if they are in a G5 conference]

So for the #4 spot, you've got two 1-loss teams: Georgia (12-1) and Notre Dame (11-1). By rights, Georgia should be out since they had their chance against Bama. However, ND didn't have to play a conference championship game, but that hasn't stopped the Committee from putting in a non-conference champ in the past.

Hypothetically, if Bama is ranked #1 and GA is #4, do we really want to see a rematch? I sure as hell don't. Sorry. I really did think - and want - GA to go all the way, but I'd put ND in before GA.

However it shakes out, I expect the final to be Bama and Michigan. I'd watch that game if only to see Saban or Harbaugh lose. It's a real goddamn shame both can't lose. lol

The thing I'm looking forward to seeing most is Aiden Hutchinson sacking Bryce Young... especially if he goes out with an injury. Not that I wish him harm. I just want to see Satan - I mean Saban - lose his star QB and then get repeatedly demoralized by the mighty Michigan D.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'll be rooting for the Bearcats.
    Me too, but I don't think they have much of a chance. I'd love to be proven wrong, tho.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Traditionally, the Rose Bowl was played by the conference champions of the Big Ten and Pac 12. Since the advent of the CFP, it's either the conference champion or the team with the best record if the conference champ is playing in the CFP. So it looks like OSU and Utah.

I don't know about that. Three who are definitely going are Bama, UM, and Cincy, who will more than likely be ranked in that order.
    [sidebar: I don't think the Committee will leave Cincy out even if they are in a G5 conference]

So for the #4 spot, you've got two 1-loss teams: Georgia (12-1) and Notre Dame (11-1). By rights, Georgia should be out since they had their chance against Bama. However, ND didn't have to play a conference championship game, but that hasn't stopped the Committee from putting in a non-conference champ in the past.

Hypothetically, if Bama is ranked #1 and GA is #4, do we really want to see a rematch? I sure as hell don't. Sorry. I really did think - and want - GA to go all the way, but I'd put ND in before GA.

However it shakes out, I expect the final to be Bama and Michigan. I'd watch that game if only to see Saban or Harbaugh lose. It's a real goddamn shame both can't lose. lol

The thing I'm looking forward to seeing most is Aiden Hutchinson sacking Bryce Young... especially if he goes out with an injury. Not that I wish him harm. I just want to see Satan - I mean Saban - lose his star QB and then get repeatedly demoralized by the mighty Michigan D.
    I think it will be:

1. Bama
    2. Michigan
    3. Georgia
    4 Cinci

I agree with you that no one wants a Georgia / Bama remach in the first round. As suspsicious as I have always in about a group of 5 team getting into the playoffs, I don't think there is any way they could leave Cinci out this time since they beat Notre Dame.

^That will be the order. There’s no way the selection committee punishes UGA for losing what can be viewed as an exhibition game.

I have a great deal of respect for Saban, but I also hate him. I’d love to see my Dawgs get another crack at them.

Were Cincy to somehow beat ‘Bama (if that is indeed the match up), then a UGA title wouldn’t mean quite as much—and, no, I’m not automatically assuming they get by Michigan.

Gotta beat the champ to be the champ.

I forgot about someone: Baylor. Yes, they're a 2-loss team but one of those losses was to #5 OK St, who they beat yesterday. That's got to count for something.

I'd wager #4 & #5 will be GA and Baylor. Which is which remains to be seen but I'd put my $$ on Baylor making it in. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time I'd be wrong.

Just heard Georgia vs. Michigan in the Orange Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ^There’s no way the selection committee punishes UGA for losing what can be viewed as an exhibition game.
    Oh it was an exhibition all right. Bulldogs heads in jars of formaldehyde, as I recall.

Btw, it's Alabama vs Cincinnati and Meatchicken vs Jawjuh.

I know most people don't care about bowls that are outside the national championship, but for Mid-Majors, getting a bowl game is still a reward. I will be buying tickets for the Quicklane Bowl in Detroit for Western Michigan University vs. Nevada. I have been to several bowl games and they are always a blast.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Participation trophies.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Participation trophies.
    Yes, if you are a huge program like Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio State anything less than the national championship is a participation trophy. But…….there are something like 130 division one teams in college football and the vast majority of those will never have a chance to sniff a playoff. For those teams a bowl game is still a reward for having a good season.

For mid-major programs like WMU going to a bowl gives you he chance to highlight your program against a team you likely would never play in the regular season on national tv. You get an extra 3 weeks’ worth of practice which is invaluable in developing your younger guys for next year. From a recruiting perspective, a bowl game gets you exposure in markets that you may not normally receive. On top of that bowl games are just a lot of fun. I have been to several bowl games over the years and they are always a blast. I love bowl season especially now that sports betting is legal here in Michigan.

Fans of big schools will never understand this, but for mid-major’s, going to a bowl is still a big deal. I think the Quick Lane Bowl will be a shootout and a lot of fun to watch. Take the over

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Your sound like a communist, there's only one winner, everyone else is a loser.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Your sound like a communist, there's only one winner, everyone else is a loser.
    Ha, yea well.......it is life in Mid-Major land. Of course the Bearcats could change everything this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post

Fans of big schools will never understand this, but for mid-major’s, going to a bowl is still a big deal.
    Oh, I totally get it.

But you're right: if UGA isn't in the playoffs, I don't really care what bowl they go to. That's not to say that I won't watch and that I haven't enjoyed those non-playoff games.

I think the Army/Navy game is on today. In the mean time I'm watching low division college playoff , the NCAA FCS Championship quarterfinal.....

Yeah The Black Knights@Midshipmen is on. Go Army.

Bowl season starts tomorrow. At least one college football game every day through January 1st. I love this time of year especially now that sports betting is legal in Michigan. I put a small bet on every game to make things interesting. I tend to take a lot of underdogs and have done well with that. There are a lot of interesting matchups this year. I will be attending the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit this year too.

Go EMU! I think it would be fitting if Liberty was beaten by (Limu) EMU.