Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1986

Thread: 2016 NCAA College Football

Getting ready to watch The Game. Not feeling very optimistic.

I'm watching it too. When they cut to the commercial they caught Urban Meyer grimacing. Hilarious.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Tottenham - Chelsea?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Wrong thread.

Going for two was the right decision even though they didn't make it. Meesheegan is still in it.

Congrats Ohio State.

Watching Hurricanes vs. Pitt.

If you would have told me before the game that the Buckeyes would hang 60+ on that Michigan defense, I would have told you to put down the crack pipe.

I really expected the Buckeyes to lose today. If the Wolverines couldn't beat the Buckeyes this year, you have to wonder when they can?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    If you would have told me before the game that the Buckeyes would hang 60+ on that Michigan defense, I would have told you to put down the crack pipe.

I really expected the Buckeyes to lose today. If the Wolverines couldn't beat the Buckeyes this year, you have to wonder when they can?
    Did not see that coming at all. The first half was how I figured the entire game would go, but the Buckeyes really blew it open in the 2nd half.

C'mon Caines.

Watching Minnesota bury Paul Bunyan's axe in Buckminster Badger, Esq's forehead. Hornibropk is the millstone around Bucky's neck.

Watching Minnesota bury Paul Bunyan's axe in Buckminster Badger, Esq's forehead. Hornibropk is the millstone around Bucky's neck.
    The Gopher team is around 50% freshmen or red shirt freshmen. I have said this since PJ left us to go to Minnesota. Within 5 years The Gophers will be competing for a Big 10 Championship. He is a master recruiter and has the ability to make players believe in his system.

It is kind of sad to see a bunch of players out there (including QB Chance Stewart) who were WMU commits that PJ took with him to Minnesota, but it is what it is at this point.

Revenge. We beat Pitt. Yeah......fuck 'em.

The Badgers looked like Rutgers and the Gophers looked like Ohio State. First time in 14 years that they won the axe.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

OMG!!!

Texas A + M over LSU in 7 effing overtimes! 146 combined points!!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Unbelievable, wasn't it?

I really expected the Buckeyes to lose today.
    No one I spoke to thought they'd beat TTUN. If I were a betting man, I'd have lost a ton of money.

As for TTUN's record against OSU for the past 18 years (2-16), some would wonder why the change once Tressel took over. Not me or anyone I know. We don't fucking care! After the Ten Year War and after the horrendous 2-10-1 record with Cooper, it feels great to be dominating the way we have.

I'll tell you something else, with the talent we have, I've felt we could be playing this way all season. Why it took so long for them to get their shit together is a mystery but since they did - and for The Game, no less - I'm glad they did. If they play as well against Northwestern, there's now a legitimate argument to be made for their inclusion in the playoff, which I would haven't said before kickoff Saturday.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Tom is in mourning...
    Did you watch Game Day on ESPN Saturday? My favorite fan sign was, "Shea Patterson cries in public." But the best burn came from a UM fan: "Ohio is so bad, Lebron left twice."
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Latest CFP ranking:

1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Notre Dame
    4. Georgia
    5. Oklahoma
    6. The Ohio State University
    7. ttun
    8. Central Florida
    9. Florida
    10. LSU

The only definites to be in are idle Notre Dame and Alabama. Even if Alabama loses they will almost certainly get in. Depending on this week's games there will be several scenarios and debates. Here is an interesting one. If Georgia, Oklahoma and Ohio State all lose and thus all have two losses will the committee move into the top 4 Central Florida if they go on to win and make it back to back undefeated seasons? Or will their conference and strength of schedule continue to keep them out? Losing their quarterback last week won't help them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    The only definites to be in are idle Notre Dame and Alabama. Even if Alabama loses they will almost certainly get in.
    My cousin said the same thing. I don't think that's a given.

I think Bama, Clemson & ND have playoff berths pretty well sewn up. At 4, a lot of different possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    The only definites to be in are idle Notre Dame and Alabama. Even if Alabama loses they will almost certainly get in. Depending on this week's games there will be several scenarios and debates. Here is an interesting one. If Georgia, Oklahoma and Ohio State all lose and thus all have two losses will the committee move into the top 4 Central Florida if they go on to win and make it back to back undefeated seasons? Or will their conference and strength of schedule continue to keep them out? Losing their quarterback last week won't help them either.
    There is no way a G5 school will ever make the playoff. UCF has had two amazing seasons, but they won't get in. It is really sad what happened to their quarterback. It could be the end of his entire football career. I think ND, Bama, and Clemson are locks. The #4 spot is up for grabs depending on what happens this weekend.

I think Bama, Clemson & ND have playoff berths pretty well sewn up. At 4, a lot of different possibilities.
    Agreed
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I think the only shoe-ins are Clemson, Notre Dame, and the winner of the Bama/Georgia game. Clemson plays Pitt but they shouldn't have any problem beating them. The winner of the AL/GA game is a no brainer. But to put in AL if they lose... I don't think that's a given, especially if Oklahoma beats #14 Texas.

So, if Clemson, GA, & OK all win, I think they'll all make it in and ND will make it four.

I understand why you guys think AL will be in but I think you're forgetting something: yes, there have been a couple of questionable picks, so far (OSU in '16 and AL in '17, both of whom got in without playing in their conference championship game). But bear in mind, the Committee has never chosen a team that was beaten in a conference championship game. So, if OK wins and AL loses, I'll bet money on OK making it in before AL. And hey, AL may very well be the best in the nation but if they lose to GA, they're out. Which is why I think the final four will be Clemson, Notre Dame, AL/GA winner, and OK (assuming they win).

The only way OSU has a shot is if AL and OK both lose and OSU beats up on Northwestern as badly as they beat up on MI.

This Alabama team is (correctly) considered a historically great team. I think that will give them an edge against other 1 loss teams, should they lose. (Which they won't.)