Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NCAA College Football

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    If it gets to an 8 team play-off then an undefeated non-Power 5 team with a reasonable schedule should be able to get in the play-off.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Do you realize if Auburn had lost just one game instead of two early in the season they would be the #1 ranked team in the nation, and they just lost to UCF. When the final rankings come out UCF won't even break the top 5. Tell me where the justice is there.
    No argument from me.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    I would have no problem with an NIT type 4 or even 8 team playoff for the Group of 5 schools instead of those teams playing in "meaningless bowls" (as some claim). You might get some redundancy with overlap of conference championships, and of course that would negate the highest ranked G5 school playing in a New Years 6 Bowl vs a P5, so there would be pros and cons to doing that. UCF can always say we finished undefeated and beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl on NY Day. That still might be preferable to "we beat Temple or Northern Illinois in a G5 playoff".
    Yup, and that has been the biggest argument against going to a G5 playoff. Most coaches still want a shot at least at a big 6 bowl, and a P5 school. Regarding "meaningless" bowl games I can assure everyone, that for mid-major programs, making a bowl is still a big deal. Even though WMU lost the Cotton Bowl last year, it was one of the biggest things to ever happen to this town. Every sports bar was packed. Even making a lower level bowl is a pretty significant reward for a mid-major team.

^^^^
    I agree. Except for a few of the very lowest bottom feeder bowls, the bowls still are meaningful for the vast majority of teams and players, especially if you're playing in a big bowl you usually don't play in.

It will be interesting to see what kind of ratings the SEC Championship game tonight gets.

I predict that if it's not competitive, the number of viewers will bleed quickly.

What a disgrace - Central Florida has declared itself national champions and is hanging championship banners at their stadium.

Typical BS millennial mindset (the AD who is responsible for all this is 36), which never lets actual accomplishment stand in the way of being given a trophy for being the best.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...y-world-parade

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    What a disgrace - Central Florida has declared itself national champions and is hanging championship banners at their stadium.

Typical BS millennial mindset (the AD who is responsible for all this is 36), which never lets actual accomplishment stand in the way of being given a trophy for being the best.

Meh, not a whole lot different than a whole slew of NC claims that Alabama still laughably makes.
    1)Bama claims the 1930 NC even though all the existing organizations at the time that awarded NC all named Knute Rockne's last legendary undefeated Notre Dame team the consensus NC.

2)Even more laughably Bama claims the 1941 NC even though they finished with 2 losses and finished 20th in the AP poll, vs #1 undefeated Minnesota.
    3) For still more comedy, Bama ludicrously claims the 1973 NC even though they LOST the 1973 National Championship Game in the Sugar Bowl when #2 10-0 Notre Dame beat # 1 10-0 Bama in the Sugar Bowl. Bama literally ignores the result of the national championship game and pretends the game was never played, even though the final college football poll of the year, the AP poll (and the ONLY final poll done after the game) of course named 11-0 Notre Dame clear undisputed NC over 10-1 Bama.

These are just 3 of their most glaringly fraudulent claims, which were done one year by a Bama athletic dept SID in the mid 80s to try to boost Bama's profile in the media, thus instantly boosting and doubling their NC claims to try to overtake Notre Dame (who still has the most consensus undisputed NC).

Even UCF is not being that creative and fraudulent.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 01-08-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Meh, not a whole lot different than a whole slew of NC claims that Alabama still laughably makes.
    1)Bama claims the 1930 NC even though all the existing organizations at the time that awarded NC all named Knute Rockne's last legendary undefeated Notre Dame team the consensus NC.

2)Even more laughably Bama claims the 1941 NC even though they finished with 2 losses and finished 20th in the AP poll, vs #1 undefeated Minnesota.
    3) For still more comedy, Bama ludicrously claims the 1973 NC even though they LOST the 1973 National Championship Game in the Sugar Bowl when #2 10-0 Notre Dame beat # 1 10-0 Bama in the Sugar Bowl. Bama literally ignores the result of the national championship game and pretends the game was never played, even though the final college football poll of the year, the AP poll (and the ONLY final poll done after the game) of course named 11-0 Notre Dame clear undisputed NC over 10-1 Bama.

These are just 3 of their most glaringly fraudulent claims, which were done one year by a Bama athletic dept SID in the mid 80s to try to boost Bama's profile in the media, thus instantly boosting and doubling their NC claims to try to overtake Notre Dame (who still has the most consensus undisputed NC).

Even UCF is not being that creative and fraudulent.
    This is nothing at all alike. First of all, there was no NCAA championship process in those days - it was an entirely subjective call made by various media outlets. There was no "national championship game" in 1973. The NCAA didn't sanction a national championship game until 1998, when the BCS started. Frankly, in 1973, Alabama WAS national champion, according to the UPI. Both the UPI and AP awarded championships and Alabama won the UPI. So that championship claim is 100% legitimate. Wikipedia has Alabama listed as the NCAA football co-champion of that season. Yet you used the words "ludicrous" and "comedy" with reference to this. Did you know the actual facts yet choose to omit them? Did you think that this was so long ago that you could just make up lies and maybe people would believe them? Why do you irrationally hate Alabama so much?

As for the 1941 example... jesus christ, it was 77 years ago and college football was a totally different world. But anyway, Alabama finished No.1 in one of the various polls that awarded championships. So they claimed it. Was it one of the main polls? No. Again, there was no such thing as an NCAA sanctioned championship back then. There was only media and coaches polls. If Alabama recognized one of the polls that named them a champion, so be it. In retrospect, considering the direction the sport has gone and the weight subsequently given to the AP and UPI, should they be considered a co-champion *now?* I can definitely see the argument for not doing so, in retrospect. It should also be known that in this era of college football (pre-1970s) there were numerous instances of numerous teams claiming championships, because there were numerous polls - not all of which awarded their champion after bowl season. This practice doesn't happen today, though, because it can't (supposedly; someone tell Central Florida), as there is now only one way to claim an NCAA football championship.

The difference between this environment and the current one is that we are now 20 years into an era where the NCAA has SANCTIONED a method of choosing a champion, and one of the NCAA schools is claiming a championship and hanging a banner despite having not actually won the sanctioned championship. This is fully, entirely different from what Alabama (and other schools) used to do before there was such a thing as an NCAA football championship.

I think it is hilarious. Again, as a fan of a mid-major school, I don’t think CFU actually thinks they are national champions, and this whole thing is being done as a joke, but this is a hell of a way to get publicity for their program. It is all over national sports coverage, and bringing a mid-major program a ton of free publicity. Had WMU won the Cotton Bowl last year, a stunt like this, is something I could see PJ Fleck pulling off. He was (and still is) a master at publicity, even getting WMU on College Gameday last year (which never in my lifetime could I ever imagine happening). CFU is getting a ton of mileage out of this stunt and it cannot do anything, but help recruiting efforts. Does CFU really think they are national champions? Nah I don’t think so, but for marketing their football program it is a brilliant move.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I think it is hilarious. Again, as a fan of a mid-major school, I don’t think CFU actually thinks they are national champions, and this whole thing is being done as a joke, but this is a hell of a way to get publicity for their program. It is all over national sports coverage, and bringing a mid-major program a ton of free publicity. Had WMU won the Cotton Bowl last year, a stunt like this, is something I could see PJ Fleck pulling off. He was (and still is) a master at publicity, even getting WMU on College Gameday last year (which never in my lifetime could I ever imagine happening). CFU is getting a ton of mileage out of this stunt and it cannot do anything, but help recruiting efforts. Does CFU really think they are national champions? Nah I don’t think so, but for marketing their football program it is a brilliant move.
    I guess in the current US climate where facts have become irrelevant and making any preposterous claim is OK no matter how baseless, as long as there's a marketing payoff... dear God, what have we sunk to?

It should be known that the CFP players had no knowledge of the championship-claiming component to this disgraceful stunt - it was purely on the part of the AD. Who apparently really does think that his team are national champions - or at least, co-champions: the clause in the coaches' contracts that call for bonuses if they win a national championship were paid out.

Well, this UGA grad who spent many, many formative years in Athens has to get up at 4:30 tomorrow, so I'll be taping the game.

For some reason, I'm ok with any result. If the Dawgs lose, they will still have given me a great season, a great bowl game and hope for the future. Yeah, we're losing Michel and Chubb, but there are two (three?) RBs ready to step into their place, including one of Evander Holyfield's kids.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Without waxing politically, ancillary entertainment at the game will be checking out the crowd's reaction either way to Mr. Trump there.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Without waxing politically, ancillary entertainment at the game will be checking out the crowd's reaction either way to Mr. Trump there.
    College football fans skew solidly conservative already. Add Alabama and Georgia to the mix... I'd say he'll probably be received fairly well.

This is nothing at all alike. First of all, there was no NCAA championship process in those days - it was an entirely subjective call made by various media outlets. There was no "national championship game" in 1973. The NCAA didn't sanction a national championship game until 1998, when the BCS started.
    False. There has never been an officially sanctioned NCAA college football national championship in Div 1, and that includes the BCS and the present college football playoff. It is NOT sanctioned as an NCAA championship. Wrong yet again. And the 1973 Sugar Bowl was THE national championship game, it was billed as such, as you will see below, it was so important to Bear Bryant that he said before the game "this is the most important game in the HISTORY of the South." The 1973 Sugar Bowl is every bit a national championship game as any BCS championship game and any CFP championship game. It paired the top 2 undefeated teams, and in the poll era that was unusual, which made the game all that more important. I saw the game and I have a copy of the entire telecast===its billed throughout the game as "the national championship game". You couldn't have a more clearcut national champion in the poll era than Notre Dame in 1973 by beating Bama head to head on the field in the national championship game. The FINAL poll reflected that game result. The silly UPI interim coaches poll was irrelevant once the Sugar Bowl national title game was played.

[/QUOTE] Frankly, in 1973, Alabama WAS national champion, according to the UPI. Both the UPI and AP awarded championships and Alabama won the UPI. So that championship claim is 100% legitimate. Wikipedia has Alabama listed as the NCAA football co-champion of that season. Yet you used the words "ludicrous" and "comedy" with reference to this. Did you know the actual facts yet choose to omit them? Did you think that this was so long ago that you could just make up lies and maybe people would believe them? Why do you irrationally hate Alabama so much? [/QUOTE]

Wrong again. The only people making up lies are the Bama SID and you. The UPI coaches poll was irrelevant as of 1968 when the AP went permanently to including the bowl games into the final poll. All that matters is the FINAL POLL of the season. In 1973, the UPI coaches poll was awarded on December 4, and simply named Bama #1. Since there was another game to play that counted, it meant nothing, other than they were the best during the regular season to that point. The AP poll was the final poll of the season, and was the poll that mattered in the end, especially since the Sugar Bowl paired the top 2 teams in the country, just as the CFP does now. I don't hate Alabama, but I do hate fraud, lies and falsification of national championship claims. I also feel sorry for dopes that buy that false drivel.

[/QUOTE]As for the 1941 example... jesus christ, it was 77 years ago and college football was a totally different world. But anyway, Alabama finished No.1 in one of the various polls that awarded championships. So they claimed it. Was it one of the main polls? No. Again, there was no such thing as an NCAA sanctioned championship back then. There was only media and coaches polls. If Alabama recognized one of the polls that named them a champion, so be it. In retrospect, considering the direction the sport has gone and the weight subsequently given to the AP and UPI, should they be considered a co-champion *now?* I can definitely see the argument for not doing so, in retrospect. It should also be known that in this era of college football (pre-1970s) there were numerous instances of numerous teams claiming championships, because there were numerous polls - not all of which awarded their champion after bowl season. This practice doesn't happen today, though, because it can't (supposedly; someone tell Central Florida), as there is now only one way to claim an NCAA football championship. [/QUOTE]

Bama's false claims all rest on RETROACTIVE methodologies that did not exist at the time for any pre 1936 claims. Once the poll era started, the final poll was the recognized consensus national champion. Since 1936 that has been the AP, who was the ONLY recognized poll in 1941. Once the AP started doing its final poll AFTER the bowls in 1968, the AP was the final consensus selector until UPI got on board in 1974, then both were (hence split and disputed national championships). Pre 1968 the bowls did not matter, and the polls chose the champion once the regular season was done. Once the bowls did matter in the rankings, the FINAL polls after the bowls became the consensus recognized selector. The UPI polls between 68 and 73 were irrelevant and interim. One would have to be an utter moron to defend a 20th ranked team with 2 losses as being NC in 1941, or a Bama team that LOST the NC game as national champion contrary to the final poll in 1973.

[/QUOTE]The difference between this environment and the current one is that we are now 20 years into an era where the NCAA has SANCTIONED a method of choosing a champion, and one of the NCAA schools is claiming a championship and hanging a banner despite having not actually won the sanctioned championship. This is fully, entirely different from what Alabama (and other schools) used to do before there was such a thing as an NCAA football championship.[/QUOTE]

Again false. The NCAA does not sanction, and does not officially recognize the CFP. Its amazing how you function at all with all this false information on virtually every topic.
    Cent Fla's claims of an undefeated regular season and bowl win is just as legit as Bama's at least EIGHT false and disputed NC claims. Its exactly the same thing. Bama can CLAIM anything they want, but that does not make it true. Unfortunately, they perpetrate and repeat these fraudulent claims so much that the sycophant and lazy media, and uninformed people like you, repeat these false CLAIMS as if they were fact. Which they are not.

https://spittingfire.wordpress.com/2...championships/

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...tchy-counting/
    Last edited by DocProgger; 01-08-2018 at 09:15 PM.

One of the great frauds perpetrated on the college football world are the false and fraudulent claims of Alabama, both officially by the school and by its myopic, rabid, illogical and lying fanbase. This fraud is perpetuated by the Alabama Sports Information Dept and by homerish writers who write books like “The Missing Ring” by Keith Dunnavant (in which he laughably tries to justify a national title claim in a year in which Bama finished THIRD in both polls, 1966). This kind of fanatical, over the top insular myopia must be confronted head on, and corrected so that history remains true, and not recast and falsely tainted. Alabama falsely claims SIXTEEN (16) national championships in football, when they have really only won EIGHT (8) CONSENSUS undisputed national championships at best. This is all due to an overzealous SID in the mid 1980s who simply falsified Bama's official press guides:

"In the mid-1980s during the Ray Perkins era, then-Alabama sports information director Wayne Atcheson added five pre-Bear Bryant national titles to the Crimson Tide’s media guide: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934 and 1941. Alabama’s 1982 media guide, the last season for Bryant, listed 1934 as the only pre-Bryant national championship, thanks to a footnote of Alabama’s SEC history. In the year-by-year results in the 1982 media guide, only Bryant’s six national titles were listed. Once Atcheson made the changes, Alabama claimed 11 national titles.

“I want to say the right thing here,” Atcheson explained to me in 2010 for an article in The Birmingham News. “I made the change because Coach Bryant had these 25 years and six national championships and they were emphasized so much. It was on all the stationery. And when I got there, it was a matter of seeing there were five others (before Bryant) and we should put them all together. It was as simple as that. …

“I tried to make Alabama football look the best it could look and just make it as great as it could possibly be. I was a competitor myself with the other schools, and what they bragged about and boasted about, I wanted people to know the best about my school.”

1926–5 teams claim title including 9-0-1 Bama. Pop Warner’s 10-0-1 Stanford team is generally considered 1926 national champion, and were recognized as such by Helms and the NCF (National Championship Foundation), the consensus selectors of that time. Bama's claim is a false RETROACTIVE methodology not recognized at the time. NOT CONSENSUS

1930–the first of Notre Dame’s national championships that Bama tries to fraudulently claim they won. ND was the CONSENSUS choice of ALL the major selectors of the time, including the the NCF and 5 other selectors. 10-0 ND, one of Rockne’s greatest teams ever and his last National Championship before his death. Bama was not recognized as champion by any consensus selectors of that time, and once again their claim is based on a RETROACTIVE measurement not used at the time. FALSE TITLE CLAIM. Just an SID trying to strip away Notre Dame championships.

1934–Bama tries to falsely claim Minnesota’s CONSENSUS title, which both NCF and Helms again awarded to Minn. FALSE TITLE CLAIM, not consensus.

1941–Bama laughably tries to claim a national title in a year they were 9-2 over undefeated Minn again, despite the now recognized consensus selector being the AP poll(began in 1936), which went to Minn. This just shows how far Alabama and their fans are willing to perpetrate their fraud—Bama was ranked 20th in the final AP poll and finished 3rd in the SEC!. TWENTIETH in the AP. Notre Dame by the way had a 8-0-1 undefeated season and finished 3rd in the AP poll, yet undefeated Notre Dame does NOT claim the 1941 national title. FALSE CLAIM.

1964–Bama did win the AP and UPI votes this year, but interestingly, lost their bowl game to Texas, a team undefeated #2 Arkansas, which also claims the title, had defeated during the season. Arkansas was voted National Champions by the NCF and the Football Writers Association (FWAA). Also, Notre Dame was recognized as National Champions by the NFF (McArthur Trophy). Bama benefitted by the bowl games NOT counting in the final polls. Thus, at best, disputed and tainted, as Arkansas ended up being the only undefeated team. Notre Dame was #1 playing its final game against USC, and was about 3 minutes away from an undefeated National Championship season when USC scored a late TD to upset #1 ND in the final game. ND does not claim this as an official national title, yet Bama does even though Arkansas finished undefeated and Bama lost its bowl game. DISPUTED, since Arkansas claims title and was recognized as such.

1965–Disputed and NOT CONSENSUS. 10-1 Mich St won the Coaches Poll and the NFF (McArthur).9-1-1 Bama won the AP poll which for that year, due to the major controversy of the year before, was taken AFTER the Bowl games. Thus, Bama benefitted from the Bowl games counting that particular year for the AP poll, because Mich St lost the Rose Bowl when they tried but failed to get a 2 pt conversion in the final minutes and lost to UCLA 14-12.. Bama had finished a distant FOURTH in the AP poll after the regular season, but because the AP happened to wait for the bowls that year, Bama somehow vaulted from 4 to 1. In any event, Mich St won the coach’s poll, so its not a consensus national title, and thus disputed. Disputed and NOT CONSENSUS.

1973–this is the biggest sham and fraud Bama tries to pull off. Yet another national championship won by Notre Dame that Bama tries to claim it won. By then, due to the previous years of controversy re when the final poll should be taken, the AP was now permanently doing their final poll AFTER the bowl games, starting in 1968. After 1968, the FINAL CFP POLL was taken AFTER the bowl games and the bowl games counted in the rankings. Thus, going into the bowl games, Bama was 10-0 and ranked #1. Notre Dame was 10-0 and ranked #3, but effectively #2 because Oklahoma was on probation and ineligible and didn’t play in a bowl game. Notre Dame of course beat #1 Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, which was called and billed as the National Championship game, and was called by Bear Bryant before the game as “the most important game in the history of the South”.

Notre Dame, 11-0, swept ALL the final polls taken after the National Championship game (AP, NFF, NCF, FWAA) and were the undisputed National Champions. Yet 10-1 Alabama officially and unofficially by its myopic fraudulent fans, still claims they are 1973 national champions EVEN THOUGH THEY LOST THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TO NOTRE DAME. Incredible. In order to make that claim, Bama has to pretend that the 1973 Sugar Bowl National Championship Game, a game that Bear himself called “the most important game in the History of the South”, was not played. They claim they were "national champions" because the UPI coaches poll, which by then no one even paid attention to, took their final poll BEFORE the bowl games, in fact in early December. Thus Bama was the regular season #1, but of course the season was not over and the final poll took place AFTER the Sugar Bowl. Notre Dame beat Alabama on the field in the championship game, and there is no possible dispute. UPI was a premature interim poll, not the final poll. Notre Dame was the undisputed national champions of 1973. The game was a championship playoff game between the top 2 teams just as any BCS game and any CFP championship game. FALSE CLAIM.

The UPI coaches poll was so embarrassed by the ridiculousness of awarding a final "no 1 ranking" to a team that lost the national championship game that they also changed to awarding it after the bowls the following year due to all the controversy and negative publicity.

Final AP Poll 1973:

1. Notre Dame 11-0 (33)
    2. Ohio St 10-0-1 (11)
    3. Oklahoma 10-0-1 (16)
    4. Alabama 10-1 (0)

1978–Disputed and NOT CONSENSUS. Bama finished 11-1 and won the final AP poll. USC finished 12-1 and won the final coaches poll. But most importantly, USC DEFEATED BAMA in the regular season AT Alabama, 24-14. So once again, in order to believe Bama’s claim that they were national champions, you would have to pretend that the USC-Bama game was not even played. Once again, a false and tarnished claim, and despite the split polls, USC had proven they were better than Bama on the field of play. Disputed and NOT consensus.

Thus, of the 16! allegedly CLAIMED titles that Alabama fraudulently CLAIMS, EIGHT ARE FALSE, DISPUTED AND NOT CONSENSUS. HALF OF BAMA’s CLAIMED TITLES ARE FRAUDULENT! Bama, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Bama’s attempts to manipulate, alter and lie about history is an insult to all college football fans and historians everywhere, and this kind of fraud should not be allowed by the NCAA.

Thus, Alabama has won at most 8 CONSENSUS national titles, which is LESS than Notre Dame’s 11 CONSENSUS national titles. Those 8 titles are ONLY: 1925, 1961, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015. That means of course Bear Bryant won only 2 consensus undisputed national titles. Any claims to more are false and a fraud. It figures that someone like you would get confused and bamboozled so easily..its your MO.

If Notre Dame used Bama's method of national championship claims, they would have something like 24 college football national championships.

A few minutes ago, Saban did not look happy.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. lol
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Anyone watching the half time show? I could THROW UP!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I changed the channel. Had no desire to watch that.

A rare sign of panic from Saban. Benching your QB who started all year to put in a freshman who hasn't played at all? Interesting.

A rare sign of panic from Saban. Benching your QB who started all year to put in a freshman who hasn't played at all? Interesting.
    A genius move. This kid made great throw after great throw. A couple of mental errors, but that's because he doesn't play. The winning pass was NFL worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Anyone watching the half time show? I could THROW UP!
    I thought it was great. Kendrick Lamar is one of the great musical artists around right now, and was nice to see something of that quality getting a halftime show at a major sporting event.

Anybody in here who doesn't have 'Pimp a Butterfly' should hear it.

Chef-worthy collapse by Jawja. Massive defensive breakdown on that last play. You put yourself in the driver seat with the sack, only to blow the coverage on the kind of play you can't give up. Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Chef-worthy collapse by Jawja. Massive defensive breakdown on that last play. You put yourself in the driver seat with the sack, only to blow the coverage on the kind of play you can't give up. Smh.
    Exactly. If you're a Georgia fan, you have to be sick and livid about this. You are within 2 plays of finally winning your first national championship in 37 years (and 2nd ever). You had control of most of the game and you let it fritter away in the 2nd H with some questionable play calling and play not to lose strategy.You got a reprieve with the missed FG, you got your own unlikely long FG after a freshman QB sack mistake, then you get what should have been THE play of the game when the Bama frosh QB made an egregious mistake taking a 15-20 yard sack putting them out of FG range. All you need to do is play good normal defense with no bonehead breakdowns for 2 more plays and you win. And they then let a WR run down the sideline wide open. George Plimpton could have completed that pass. Unfrickinbelievable.

A genius move. This kid made great throw after great throw. A couple of mental errors, but that's because he doesn't play. The winning pass was NFL worthy.
    It's Mr Hindsight Expert! Wrong. It wasn't a genius move because Georgia let a WR get wide open after a 20 yard sack. The lucky result in the game doesn't change the fact that at halftime, Saban made a panic desperate move by benching his starter all year and playing a frosh QB who he didn't play all year. He said to himself "my god, I can't win with the QB I thought was my best chance to win all year, I have to try something drastic and play the freshman QB who I haven't played all year". That's called panic, that's a desperate move. The fact that the result somehow worked out due to a defensive breakdown doesn't change the nature of the decision in the first place.