Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NCAA College Football

Just walked in from watching the Orange Bowl w/friends. I agree that Miami's coach should have been tossed, but the refs also missed 2 critical calls against WI (defensive holding/PI) that cost Miami at least 7 points.

Easy for me to say now.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Just walked in from watching the Orange Bowl w/friends. I agree that Miami's coach should have been tossed, but the refs also missed 2 critical calls against WI (defensive holding/PI) that cost Miami at least 7 points.

Easy for me to say now.
    My wife is a happy camper. Badgers looked good. 3 interceptions hurt Miami. We had a good time at a sports bar watching. Big 10 is now 6-0 in bowl games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Wow, how is that possible? It's on ESPN??
    I don't have cable. I use a digital antenna.

With Wisconsin's and Penn St bowl wins in Fiesta and Orange, B10 now 7-0 in bowl games, only need Michigan to win Mon for a clean sweep. Meanwhile SEC only 1-3 and the Pac 12 is done at 1-8.

With Wisconsin's and Penn St bowl wins in Fiesta and Orange, B10 now 7-0 in bowl games, only need Michigan to win Mon for a clean sweep. Meanwhile SEC only 1-3 and the Pac 12 is done at 1-8.
    The Big 10 is having a pretty amazing run. The only other conference having lopsided success is the Sunbelt at 4-1, but their games are all done with. I have Michigan winning in my bowl pool, and think they should probably pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The Big 10 is having a pretty amazing run. The only other conference having lopsided success is the Sunbelt at 4-1, but their games are all done with. I have Michigan winning in my bowl pool, and think they should probably pull it off.
    And Michigan can't uphold their end. Who'da thunk it?

And UCF beat Auburn. Woof.

2 more 'vaunted' SEC teams go down. Unlike Michigan, my Irish take down LSU again in a thrilling last minute finish, and UCF over Auburn, surprisingly. I think that guarantees the SEC a losing bowl record unless both SEC teams win today.

2 more 'vaunted' SEC teams go down. Unlike Michigan, my Irish take down LSU again in a thrilling last minute finish, and UCF over Auburn, surprisingly. I think that guarantees the SEC a losing bowl record unless both SEC teams win today.
    As I pointed out in an earlier post, the SEC plays for championships, not 2nd tier bowls. Auburn wasn't even trying today, nor was LSU.

I expect that the two SEC teams in the real bowls will look quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    As I pointed out in an earlier post, the SEC plays for championships, not 2nd tier bowls. Auburn wasn't even trying today, nor was LSU.

I expect they'll look good too, as they are by far the cream of the conference. But "not trying?" C'mon man, that's Ed stuff. I expect better from you. If they weren't trying, the alumni should...no, must demand the coaches are fired immediately.

(Btw, I have Georgia and Clemson tonight.)

Oh, I see. Auburn, LSU, South Carolina, Tex A&M, Miss St, Florida etc were all "not trying to win" (and despite that, South Carolina somehow beat Michigan, who you said "were trying very hard" to win their bowl game), and all those losing teams were purposely tanking their games because they didn't care. And, none of the bowl games are "real bowls" except the 2 playoff games today.
    Your absurdist trolling schtick is getting worse and worse.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 01-01-2018 at 06:06 PM.

This friggin' Rose Bowl is going to be a basketball score.

Watching Dawgs vs. Okla.

Come on Georgia...you're supposed to be trying real hard. Didn't you get the memo?

A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Oh, I see. Auburn, LSU, South Carolina, Tex A&M, Miss St, Florida etc were all "not trying to win" (and despite that, South Carolina somehow beat Michigan, who you said "were trying very hard" to win their bowl game), and all those losing teams were purposely tanking their games because they didn't care. And, none of the bowl games are "real bowls" except the 2 playoff games today.
    Your absurdist trolling schtick is getting worse and worse.
    The SEC plays for championships. It is hard to get up for a meaningless bowl game when your sights were set on making the playoff. It didn't take many minutes of watching today to see that Auburn wasn't really committed. LSU has a pretty long history of looking checked out in their meaningless bowl game. The Big Ten does have a history of giving a big effort in these games. Doesn't mean that they are always going to win.

Come on Georgia...you're supposed to be trying real hard. Didn't you get the memo?
    Sony Michel is averaging 23 yards every time he touches the ball. That’s not trying; that’s doing.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    And Michigan can't uphold their end. Who'da thunk it?
    Michigan beat themselves in the 2nd half. Turnovers, and receivers that could not catch the ball. Ugly......

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    And UCF beat Auburn. Woof.
    Very cool. UCF was basically in the same position WMU was in last year. Undefeated season, group of 5 representative in the big 6 bowl, little to no respect. I was rooting for them today, and I thought they played very well against a quality Auburn team.

The SEC plays for championships.
    Repeating your absurdist absolutist black and white proclamations ad nauseum does not make them true. As multiple people have pointed out, the SEC has a few strong teams at the top. The conference is on par with the B10, the ACC. Again, the ACC has won 2 of the last 4 NC, the SEC 1. Alabama is the only SEC school that has won a NC in the last 6 years. The rest of your drivel about teams tanking and not trying to win their "meaningless bowl games" is so ridiculous and silly it makes even your "Yankees are working out a trade with the White Sox for Machado" stuff almost seem coherent by comparison. I simply pointed out a few conference bowl records thus far. Your attempts to troll the heck out of some simple factual statements as if you're auditioning for PR Director of the SEC is laughable.

LOL. Keep talking before the game is over. Makes you really look like a clown.

Repeating your absurdist absolutist black and white proclamations ad nauseum does not make them true. As multiple people have pointed out, the SEC has a few strong teams at the top. The conference is on par with the B10, the ACC. Again, the ACC has won 2 of the last 4 NC, the SEC 1. Alabama is the only SEC school that has won a NC in the last 6 years. The rest of your drivel about teams tanking and not trying to win their "meaningless bowl games" is so ridiculous and silly it makes even your "Yankees are working out a trade with the White Sox for Machado" stuff almost seem coherent by comparison. I simply pointed out a few conference bowl records thus far. Your attempts to troll the heck out of some simple factual statements as if you're auditioning for PR Director of the SEC is laughable.
    Lying doesn't become you.

Or, maybe it does.

Anyway, we're all on our hands waiting for you to give your latest clown-worthy observation of a game in progress. Have any thoughts on Alabama Clemson? LOL!!!

Now that GA's going to the championship game, I hope AL wins so that the Committee can see how badly they fucked up.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

LOL. Keep talking before the game is over. Makes you really look like a clown.
    Keep on trollin Lil Sweet! I picked Georgia to win. They gave up 31 in the 1st H alone. I was concerned they didn't get your "you have to try hard" memo. The only clown here is you and your ridiculous absolutist statements. Your lack of reading comprehension is frightening. Have the Yankees outfitted Machado for his jersey yet?
    lmao.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Jeez, no defense in that Georgia/Oklahoma game whatsoever. First one to 50pts wins.