Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NCAA College Football

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Hey Ed, here is your example of an official actually costing a team the game.....

The aforementioned Oklahoma State vs Western Michigan game. The amazing hail mary hook and ladder play
    should never have been run. Apparently, Ok had the ball the previous play and was penalized on the last play
    for intentional grounding, for throwing the ball deep and up in the air to kill the clock. That is a 15 yard penalty,
    and loss of down, so the officials gave W Mich the ball with one untimed play. However, according to league
    rules, any offensive penalty on the last play, which the infraction involves a loss of down,does NOT grant one
    more untimed play. Game should have been over after the throw away pass.
    Can't believe that even the NCAA hates the Ravens.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Can't believe that not even one Okmulgee St coach or university official didn't know the rule, and challenge the refs before that play was run.

Just saw one of the greatest plays ever!!

Central Michigan is trailing #22 ranked Oklahoma State by three points. There is one final, untimed play.
    They throw a hail mary. It is caught, and the receiver immediately laterals it back to a teammate who makes
    it in the end zone, breaking a goal line tackle! Simply AWESOME!!!
    So....I am a big Western Michigan fan and Central Michigan is our arch rival, so it is hard for me to give them a compliment, but OK State got a big MAC attack today, so I will give CMU their props.....for this week at least.

Hey Ed, here is your example of an official actually costing a team the game.....

The aforementioned Oklahoma State vs Western Michigan game. The amazing hail mary hook and ladder play
    should never have been run. Apparently, Ok had the ball the previous play and was penalized on the last play
    for intentional grounding, for throwing the ball deep and up in the air to kill the clock. That is a 15 yard penalty,
    and loss of down, so the officials gave W Mich the ball with one untimed play. However, according to league
    rules, any offensive penalty on the last play, which the infraction involves a loss of down,does NOT grant one
    Ummmm........Central Michigan is not Western Michigan. The biggest rivalry in the MAC is between these two teams. Mixing them up would get you shot here in Kalamazoo.... BTW......Western Michigan won 72 to 21 tonight over NCCU. I was at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Can't believe that not even one Okmulgee St coach or university official didn't know the rule, and challenge the refs before that play was run.
    I can't believe the the NCAA wrote the rules so that this can't be reversed.

Wait - it's the NCAA. Sure I can.
    Last edited by Facelift; 09-11-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I can't believe the the NCAA wrote the rules so that this can't be reversed.

Wait - it's the NCAA. Sure I can.
    Given that it was the last play, and in the interest of getting things right, you'd think that they could just nullify the last touchdown, take the points off of the board, and award the game to the rightful winner. Easy and would make sense, so it'll never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Ummmm........Central Michigan is not Western Michigan. The biggest rivalry in the MAC is between these two teams. Mixing them up would get you shot here in Kalamazoo.... BTW......Western Michigan won 72 to 21 tonight over NCCU. I was at the game.
    Close enough!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

It happens all the time. The fake face mask to Aaron Rodgers, the tuck rule that didn't apply to the Patriots, the non call on the coach at the end of the Steelers/Bengals playoff game.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

All things considered, can we really be surprised?

Yikes

"Everyone's pickin' it, chewin' it, eatin' it
    " " " "
    " " " "
    They think it's candy but it' s..not"

Ah, that just took about 65 years off my life for 45 seconds.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I had a rather unique experience over the weekend. The first time I have ever been to a stadium that was evacuated due to weather in the middle of a game. We went to the Western Michigan / NCCU game Saturday night. At half time the band came on the field, did one song and then marched off which seemed kind of odd. They were also doing fireworks at half time, which they started blowing off, but they left all the stadium lights on which was also kind of strange. When the fireworks finished, there was a few minutes of nothing going on and they came over the loudspeaker saying “we have weather moving in and need to evacuate the stadium immediately”. Getting around 20,000 people out of a football stadium takes a while and we were still well inside the gates when the rain started pouring and the wind started blowing. Our car was parked about a quarter mile away, and by the time we made it, we were pretty much soaked to the bone. The game was a blowout anyway, so we decided to just go ahead and leave. They eventually did re-start the 2nd half more than 70 minutes later (the final score was 70 to 21). Anyway, it was a unique experience and a first for me, so thought I would share.

My Washington Huskies are rated #8???

FYI my moms cousin was the head coach of the Washington Huskies for 3 years (only won 6 games in 3 years) The great Keith Gilbertson.

I was/am a Husky, and I'm always interested in watching them, but alas, like the Seahawks, I have a better chance of seeing God burping than I do seeing a team from the Northwest on TV in DFW. for some reason, Texas Hates football from the Pack 12. They'll show Ball State vs Maine before they'll show a top 25 team from the NW.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    "Everyone's pickin' it, chewin' it, eatin' it
    " " " "
    " " " "
    They think it's candy but it' s..not"

Ah, that just took about 65 years off my life for 45 seconds.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

13-10 Wisconsin over GEORGIA STATE as the 4th quarter starts with GS with the ball after picking off WI!!

Iowa is also in a dogfight with Carson Wentz's alma mater, ND State.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

17-13 Georgia State over Wis with 10:30 to go.

#9?? What a laugh (even if they come back & win)

Iowa is also in a dogfight with Carson Wentz's alma mater, ND State.
    As a Bison alumni I am quite enjoying us giving a top fifteen team an absolute dogfight.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

CONGRATS JER!! Wow!

Three true freshmen, incl the qb, come in & save the bacon for the Badger upper classmen 23-17.

Damn, that was sweet. 6th time in a row we've beat a FBS team and in their freaking house!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm watching a shootout between James Madison and North Carolina.

And the Badgers will probably move up from #9 because of the ND State/Iowa score!

Not that they deserve it.

Their next 4 games could all be losses (Mich, Mich St & Iowa on the road & Ohio St at home).

Whew! Fla. State got mugged.

Watching Bama/Ol Miss.

I know no one here cares about the MAC, but Western Michigan is now 3-0 with their second win over a Big 10 team. This is a sneaky good team and it is going to be a fun season.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    And the Badgers will probably move up from #9 because of the ND State/Iowa score!

Not that they deserve it.

Their next 4 games could all be losses (Mich, Mich St & Iowa on the road & Ohio St at home).
    The Badgers have one tough ass schedule coming up. Could be tough sledding, but they are looking good so far. Regarding ND State, they are a top tier FCS school and have won the championship several times in the last few years. Iowa's loss did not surprise me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I know no one here cares about the MAC, but Western Michigan is now 3-0 with their second win over a Big 10 team. This is a sneaky good team and it is going to be a fun season.
    Impressive, no matter how you slice it. Add in that WMU kicked the shit out of the Illini, and it's even more impressive.