Thread: The Cival Wars?

The Cival Wars?

Palladia TV is really on a roll today. Once again flicking around channels and came accross these guys doing an unplugged performance and I am pretty much mezmorized by it. I have seen this duo mentioned occasionally in Classic Rock magazine, but had never explored them. This is great stuff. Any fans, and if so, what should I check out?

Steve Sly

You should check out their only album - Barton Hollow.

Good stuff (could even persuade me to like country music!) and the girl is indeed pretty mesmerising to watch.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I have yet to hear this band, but on your recommendation, I will check them out.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie B View Post
    You should check out their only album - Barton Hollow.

Good stuff (could even persuade me to like country music!) and the girl is indeed pretty mesmerising to watch.
    They both were. She is certainly pretty (and pregnant in this show), and they both had amazing voices, and harmonized at Simon and Garfunkel level.

Steve Sly

I got on this bus well before it left the station. Saw them at the Pour House in Raleigh before anyone knew who they were. Outstanding duo. Their chemistry is through the roof. Unfortunately, it would seem that they are over. Joy Williams' husband is the manager and I think some of that chemistry may have been spilling over off the stage. I hope they can continue but they recently cancelled their European tour. Having said that, I just ran across this today:

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012...y-not-be-over/

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

There is a live album also which the title of escapes me at the moment. But that is well worth checking out. I happened to record their debut on Prairie Home Companion. It was stunning.