Thread: Minus The Bear?

Minus The Bear?

I flicked on the tv this morning and "Live From Dayrl's House" was on. He had a band called Minus The Bear with him and I am really digging it. I would say that some of the stuff they are doing is even a bit proggy. I have heard of them before, but thats about it. Anyone here into these guys and can tell me more about them?

Steve Sly

Planet of Ice is pretty proggy in parts. The guitar work is very good and original. Nice use of a looper to get stuttering effects.

Whoa.

They played "NYCNY" with Daryl. Awesome.

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/c....html?ep_id=77

Minus the Bear has a YT video floating out there with Frippertronics added. Oh. It's not like it's hard to find or embed:

Gotta say that all this just really makes me want to listen to Sacred Songs.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Whoa.

They played "NYCNY" with Daryl. Awesome.

Yea, in the show Hall talked about working with Fripp back in the day. I had no clue that Hall would even know who Fripp was. I have to admit that after seeing some of these shows I have a new found respect for Hall. I probably will never be a fan of much of his music, but the guy obviously is pretty well rounded.

Steve Sly

Have you heard his solo album, Sacred Songs? Fripp produced it and planned it as part of a trilogy of albums that included PGII and Exposure. Then the release of it was delayed by the studio execs. It's a good, solid rock album with lots of Fripp guitar and fun pop sensibilities.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.