Thread: Led Zep-BBC sessions Box Set incl. a lost song!

Led Zep-BBC sessions Box Set incl. a lost song!

Remastered version of 1997 Led Zeppelin BBC Sessions album includes 8 previously unreleased tracks

Led Zeppelin have announced they will reissue a remastered version of their 1997 BBC Sessions album.

The Complete BBC Sessions has been remastered by Jimmy Page and John Davis, who helped engineer the previous Led Zeppelin remasters series.

It will be released on September 16 on CD, vinyl and digital formats, with a super deluxe box set also on offer.

A bonus disc packaged with the remastered release includes eight previously unreleased tracks, made up of a ‘lost session' that the BBC wiped from the archive – described as a 'holy grail' for Led Zep collectors.

A fan taped it from an AM radio in Europe when it was broadcast and guitarist Page has worked to restore it. It was recorded on March 19, 1969, at Maida Vale Studio 4 in London for Alexis Korner’s Rhythm and Blues programme on the BBC World Service.

It includes the only recording of Sunshine Woman, a lost Led Zeppelin song.

Recalling the original recordings, vocalist Robert Plant previously said: “The whole thing was very quaint: the politeness of the audience, the technicians fumbling about, proper hallowed low-key introductions. Like there was some sort of holy moment about to occur.”

The deluxe box set includes 3CDs, 5LPs, a download code for the digital version, a 48-page book with photos, BBC memorabilia and session information. a high-quality print of the original; album cover is also includes, while the first 20,000 set swill be individually numbered.

Led Zeppelin were recently cleared of any wrongdoing in their Stairway To Heaven plagiarism trial.

Led Zeppelin The Complete BBC Sessions CD tracklist

Disc One 1.You Shook Me
    1.I Can’t Quit You Baby
    2.Communication Breakdown
    3.Dazed And Confused
    4.The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair
    5.What Is And What Should Never Be
    6.Communication Breakdown
    7.Travelling Riverside Blues
    8.Whole Lotta Love
    9.Somethin’ Else
    10.Communication Breakdown
    11.I Can’t Quit You Baby
    12.You Shook Me
    13.How Many More Times

Disc Two
    1.Immigrant Song
    2.Heartbreaker
    3.Since I’ve Been Loving You
    4.Black Dog
    5.Dazed And Confused
    6.Stairway To Heaven
    7.Going To California
    8.That’s The Way
    9.Whole Lotta Love” (Medley: Boogie Chillun/Fixin’ To Die/That’s Alright Mama/A Mess of Blues)
    10.Thank You

Disc Three (* previously unreleased)
    1.Communication Breakdown *
    2.What Is And What Should Never Be *
    3.Dazed And Confused *
    4.White Summer
    5.What Is And What Should Never Be *
    6.Communication Breakdown *
    7.I Can’t Quit You Baby *
    8.You Shook Me *
    9.Sunshine Woman *

Remastered from a fan recording it off an AM Radio capture?

Quote Originally Posted by Tributary Records View Post
    Remastered in 0.1 surround.

Quote Originally Posted by Tributary Records View Post
    Indeed! I had to go back and read that again. "Holy Grail"? I love Led Zeppelin, but how many versions of these 1st album songs, live or studio outtakes, do we really need? ("As many as we can have!" chimed the zealous LZ collectors.)

I'd personally be much more interested in having a complete version of the 1971 Paris Theater concert, i.e. minus the numerous edits Page performed in order to squeeze the whole thing onto a single CD. He cut the between-song banter and some of the music in the Whole Lotta Love medley.

Sunshine Woman - A lot like Traveling Riverside Blues

One of the strengths of Zeppelin was knowing what to put on the albums and what not to put on the albums.
    Having listened to quite a few of their "lost" tracks, I think they got it right on best takes, songs that didn't make the cut etc.
    I don't think there is a "Stairway" or a "Kashmir" laying around in shoe box under a bed somewhere in England.