Thread: Happy 70th, Janis

Banned

Happy 70th, Janis

Today would've been Janis Joplin's 70th birthday. So, I decided to play Pearl to Celebrate. I love Janis, because she had a lot of blues and soul in her voice, and some Country too. She sounds like she's crying one minute, then she sounds like she could kick your ass the next. I had some Cheap Thrills, but I sold them cause I don't like mixing live and studio work. I became a fan of hers after hearing her version of The Bee Gees To Love Someone. Any Janis fans on PE? She is missed.

Love Janis. Missed seeing her back in the day. Her live set from Woodstock released a few years back is great. So talented. Sam Andrew is still doing it.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, sometimes it's so hard to imagine what someone who died young would look like 40 or 50 years later that it almost seems like they were meant to die young. But of course, it just seems that way. It would be interesting to see Janis at 70, that's for sure. She'd could easily still be singing and performing.

What a talent! And man could that girl sing the blues. I encourage any of you out there to seek out some of the ultra-early recordings of hers before she became famous. Many don't like her ballsy style and miss the fact that she had a beautiful, delicate voice when she wanted to use it.