Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    What a huge talent, a pioneer and all round good egg.
    Ah, I see that we're Back To The Egg.

I had a couple of his latter day albums from the last 15-20 years ago. I got rid of 'em. Boring. ZZZZzzzzzzz.
    Last edited by Vic2012; 07-17-2016 at 06:46 AM.

But he's still my favorite Beatle. That guitar solo he plays on Taxman alone makes him Thee Beatle.
    Last edited by Vic2012; 07-17-2016 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StevegSr View Post
    I can't imagine anyone doing it better. Same deal with A Whiter Shade Of Pale. Why did some people think that they could better the original?
    Not the best example to pick given WSoP was a Bach rip-off.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    But he's still my favourite Beatles. That guitar solo he plays on Taxman alone makes him Thee Beatle.
    Paul McCartney is my favourite Beatle too! He comes up with the silliest song titles too, also his vocals are outstanding, not the biggest octave but perfect emphasize into the song and tune. BTW Did you guys know that on Helter Skelter it was John Lennon playing the bass?

This is Paul McCartney - Helter Skelter (Live) yeah yeah yeah!!!

If you've seen his recent tours Paul still rocks with the best of them.. My wife just gave me the 4 CD set he recently released.. Nice collection I must say. I'm just glad he's still out there releasing material.. With all the talk of musicians from his era leaving the arena (Eric Clapton, Paul Simon).. you gotta figure at some point he's going to put the guitar down and simply play with his grandchildren..

I quite like "Juniors Farm", the non- album single cut from the Venus and Mars album.

There's one progressive song (name escapes me at the moment) on McCartneys much-maligned Give My Regards To Broad Street movie

He is so talented as a composer, bassplayer, etc., did groundbreaking stuff with Beatles, but unfortunately when he is on his own, his music doesn't appeal to me.
    Apparently he needs someone equal to kick his butt...

For those interested in Sir Paul he has just recently released a 4 CD compilation album called “Pure McCartney” which is quite good. It covers his entire solo / Wings career has all the hits and a lot of good album cuts. I don’t think there is anything rare on it, but for a career spanning retrospective it is quite cool.

Paul is playing a 12,000 seat arena 45 minutes from me in a couple of weeks, but I was unable to get tickets. I keep looking at the aftermarket prices, but probably won’t spring for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    When I saw the thread name 'Paul McCartney', I immediately thought Paul died. A little jumpy with all the legends passing in the last year or so. Sometimes I'm happy to be wrong.

Paul had a hand in many styles, as did the other Beatles
    Yeah, no kidding, eh? :P
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I had a couple of his latter day albums from the last 15-20 years ago. I got rid of 'em. Boring. ZZZZzzzzzzz.
    To me his last really great, all the way through album, was “Flaming Pie” from 1997. Not a clunker on that one IMO.