Thread: Jon Anderson collaborator Sean McKee posts clip of new music

Jon Anderson collaborator Sean McKee posts clip of new music

In a new video, Sean McKee is reviewing a crazy looking bass guitar, and plays over a track from a project with Jon. It's short and sweet and focuses on the bass, but the rest of the track has a cool spacey rock feel with lots of percussion. I want the giant touchscreen he uses behind him! Anybody know what that is? I first came across this on my cell phone where it sounded okay, but when played through my home computer on good speakers it really jams. Give us more please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyFGOqauiak

Sounds a bit like an outtake from Topographic.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Nice bass and the audio teaser sounded great. So glad Jon still energizes with music.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Make a good bass player for Yes. Sounds like a good scientific player.

Did he play on the Anderson-Ponty album? He's got a copy of it framed on his wall. Or did Jon give it to him as a present?

Color me "meh" about the bass.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Baron Browne played bass on the Anderson Ponty album, he has played with Ponty before. McKee directed the DVD. His name is mentioned also in the thanks by Jon on the Anderson Stolt album credits, though not sure what he did on it, if anything. He also played guitar with Jon in this video using another interesting instrument with a touchscreen built in that he talks about in the comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9mljkTUADk

Fanned frets seem to be slowly catching on. Ibanez has a line now too. I thought it sounded really really good, regardless of having the EQ turned off. Obviously a good player helps!

He's rather busy...

I've been thinking about getting a fan-fretted 6-string Acoustic to try out.

It does seem that if you play the instrument with the neck at a 45 degree angle or higher (as a lot of metal guys do), as opposed to horizontal, that the fanned frets would be a bit easier to play.

Apparently, Mr. McKee is now listed as an official endorser of this bass company as found here:
    www.espguitars.com/seanmckee