Thread: Zoe Keating Live on Echoes

Zoe Keating Live on Echoes

We go back to 2011 and the second appearance of acclaimed looping cellist Zoe Keating. It's a wonderful live performance by this idiosyncratic artist. We'll also hear new music from Mutual Benefit & The Album Leaf tonight on Echoes. http://wp.me/p4ZE0X-6US

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    She's touring soon, hope to see her in Boston.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I have all of her music. She's great! She went through a really rough period during the past couple of years as she cared for her terminally-ill husband who eventually succumbed to pancreatic cancer. I don't envy her what she went through, but she's now back to balancing touring and taking care of her child. I subscribe to her newsletter, and her updates throughout that most difficult period were incredibly poignant. I've gleaned from that that, difficult as that experience was for her, she's a very strong person and has been able to come to terms with it and begin to carry on, so I hope she can keep going for a long time with her extraordinary cello playing. Zoe is immensely talented and deserves more recognition for sure!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I follow her on FB, it's been quite poignant the last couple of years.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

She has performed on stage with Tears For Fears back in 2011, and also some Curt Smith solo gigs. She is a good performer, but I was not impressed at all with her attitude -- instantly turned me off to wanting to pursue her music. Sad to see her husband passing and all the problems she had to endure during his treatment. Her husband was a very nice guy.