Thread: Malcolm Humes, RIP

Malcolm Humes, RIP

All -- Many of you will know Malcolm Humes, a great supporter of many realms of progressive, avant, jazz, and expansive pop.

He was part of this scene since the '80s and was a mainstay of this community.

Malcolm passed away of a heart attack, to the shock of many.

I felt I should let you all know.

You can visit his Facebook page to learn more: https://www.facebook.com/malcolm.humes?pnref=story

The memorial service for Mal will be on August 6th in Cherry Valley NY.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I remember him from Usenet going back prob. almost 30 years.
    Wasn't he running a Laswell site of some sort before the www?
    I may have even done a tape trade with him in the 80s, IIRC.
    RIP

I had a dinner with him a few years ago before seeing King Crimson in NYC with a mutual friend. Nice guy. RIP.

Sad news. I knew Malcolm from the good old days on Prodigy, he was a big help when the entire SB thing started. RIP Mal, old friend.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Sucks! He was one of my first prog-loving buddies, back when I was still young and cute. I remember when he was living in a store-front in south Berkeley with his crazy girlfriend Kattt. She was dancing around the house to Hugo Montenegro’s Moog Power and he turned to me with a rather pained expression and said in a low voice, “When she said she was into electronic music, this was not what I had in mind!”

That was a cool place. He actually had a few concerts in the backyard, including Richard Sinclair’s Caravan of Dreams.

R.I.P.: Mal. You’ll be missed!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Sucks! He was one of my first prog-loving buddies, back when I was still young and cute. I remember when he was living in a store-front in south Berkeley with his crazy girlfriend Kattt. She was dancing around the house to Hugo Montenegro’s Moog Power and he turned to me with a rather pained expression and said in a low voice, “When she said she was into electronic music, this was not what I had in mind!”

That was a cool place. He actually had a few concerts in the backyard, including Richard Sinclair’s Caravan of Dreams.

R.I.P.: Mal. You’ll be missed!

Wow, thanks Mike! I thought I recognized the name but now I remember him from all those Bay Area prog gatherings in the 90s. RIP indeed!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.