Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who have the best previouly unreleased studio tracks?

I think Bob Dylan should be in the discussion too. His box sets of unreleased material has been great. Not everything was a home run and and I think some could have done with a bit of editing but, in general, they have been excellent.

If the Rolling Stones ever decide to dip into their bag of unreleased material I would be happy to see what's there.

Jethro Tull's unreleased material has been very good as well. That first 20 years of Tull set had all sorts of good stuff.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

I'll give Bob credit, he's been releasing an avalanche of unreleased material. I've got a couple of those bootleg releases I have yet to even listen to.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

one evident choice that we all missed so far was the first Spirit line-up

The first three album's remastered CDs are loaded with great "unreleased tracks" bonus tracks, and even Sardonicus has one

Caravan also deserve a (small) mention with the fantastic A Day In The Life Of Maurice Haylett.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.