Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Recent CD Purchases

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Yeah it's feedbacky, grungey, metalish, etc. It's got its folky and country-ish moments but it's heavy. Roll Another Number is country as all get out, but it's grunged out and heavy.
    Well the early 90's were NY's hardest-rocking years, (despite the Unplugged & Harvest Loon album)...
    Not only because of Ragged Glory and Weld (if you can find the sister disc called Arc, it's much more "out there" full-fledged histrionics and feedback stuff that makes Lou Reed MMM sounds like a lullaby), but also the return of Crazy Horse (Ragged Glory and Sleeping with angels, and Year of The Horse - another live album) but also the album he made with the Vedder-less Pearl Jam in 95...

Oddly enough I think that he remained silent four about three years after that, before Silver & Gold.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

One of my favorite Neil CDs that you don't hear about much is Are You Passionate. He made it with Booker T and what was left of the MGs (Donald Duck Dunn on bass). This one has solid song writing and lyrics. Neil is always good but many times it is the rawness that makes it work. Here it is a little more polished.

NP: Comes A Time. .....Uncle Neal.

Just Purchased: The Very Best Of............Dwight Yoakum.

Of the 80s, new bloods he's my favorite. He loves the Bakersfield sound.

Just bought:

Kansas, The Prelude Implicit
    Willy Nelson, Red Headed Stranger