Thread: 7 string violin, 8 string bass, 11/8 time...

7 string violin, 8 string bass, 11/8 time...

Hopefully the title got your attention. I posted a tune a couple months ago to little fanfare. Let's try this one. This 4 song demo is taking forever to complete due to schedules, but we're ready to gig as soon as it's done. Based around Chicago, I'd call us a prog-leaning rock band just writing and recording what we want. No expectations, just expression. Hope some of you enjoy!

https://www.reverbnation.com/nomadic...44099-carry-on

band promo 3 NOMADIC.jpg

I like it. A lot. Felt good hearing it, that's what counts.
    Nice groove, clean sound.

Jeez, sorry. I just realized that sounded exactly like I'm on Bandstand saying, "It's got a good beat and I can dance to it. I give it a 93."

Unapologetically rocking - very cool. The violin in Carry On almost sounded like an angry bagpipe at one point and the rhythm is relentless. The 8th notes in The Take made me grin from ear to ear. Both of these just feel really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    I like it. A lot. Felt good hearing it, that's what counts.
    Nice groove, clean sound.

Jeez, sorry. I just realized that sounded exactly like I'm on Bandstand saying, "It's got a good beat and I can dance to it. I give it a 93."
    Haha! I MIGHT have been thinking the same thing as I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    Unapologetically rocking - very cool. The violin in Carry On almost sounded like an angry bagpipe at one point and the rhythm is relentless. The 8th notes in The Take made me grin from ear to ear. Both of these just feel really strong.
    Chuck is a very unique violinist with some roaring tones. He's just so damn busy doing theater work it's slowing down the whole process. Working on his "Hamilton" audition now.

I do like 8th notes. Believe it or not, I was kind of thinking Judas Priest on those verses in the Take where I keep chugging on the F# as the guitar and violin chords move around.

Thanks for the feedback!

Well we finally have a mixed and mastered 4 song EP! And I foolishly haven't even started thinking about a title or artwork. Ugh... Anyway, here's a quick little instrumental for your enjoyment. Our unofficial theme song "Nomads".

https://www.reverbnation.com/nomadic...6931228-nomads

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Chuck is a very unique violinist with some roaring tones. He's just so damn busy doing theater work it's slowing down the whole process. Working on his "Hamilton" audition now
    Chuck is amazing. I met him a few years back at the Mark Wood Rock Orchestra camp that my daughter was attending. Love his Tool covers. Looking forward to this EP!

Sweet! Very anthemic quality.

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Well we finally have a mixed and mastered 4 song EP! And I foolishly haven't even started thinking about a title or artwork. Ugh... Anyway, here's a quick little instrumental for your enjoyment. Our unofficial theme song "Nomads".

https://www.reverbnation.com/nomadic...6931228-nomads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Chuck is amazing. I met him a few years back at the Mark Wood Rock Orchestra camp that my daughter was attending. Love his Tool covers. Looking forward to this EP!
    Yeah, I often have to explain to people that a lot of what passes for guitar is his violin. He landed first violin/concert master for "Hamilton" here in Chicago, so we haven't seen much of him lately. I believe this month he's finally able to call in a sub if he needs a night off. And he's a ridiculously nice guy.

And thank you arabicadabra!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

This rocks. Sounds really interesting.

OK. I'm a little late in posting this, but the EP is complete and available for purchase at http://nomadic44.bandcamp.com. Lossless downloads and physical product available. I'm also incredibly psyched to announce our debut show/CD release party, Thursday, January 12 at Martyrs' in Chicago! Please have a listen, and if you like, make a purchase and/or come to the show, thanks.

NOMADIC frontside.jpg