Thread: Neal Morse Band- Alive Again CD/DVD... August 5th!

Neal Morse Band- Alive Again CD/DVD... August 5th!

i've been waiting for this. have been watching the homemade footage on YouTube and glad it's finally getting an official released.
    i'm wearing out my Momentum DVD need something new! Morsefest 2015 DVD coming soon too.

https://www.amazon.com/Alive-Again-N...QR4BRJQK6XC3Y5

DVD/CD
    1 Intro
    2 The Call
    3 Leviathan
    4 The Grand Experiment
    5 Harm's Way
    6 Keyboard Solo
    7 The Creation
    8 There Is Nothing That God Can't Change
    1 Waterfall
    2 Guitar Solo
    3 In The Fire
    4 Alive Again
    5 Rejoice
    6 Oh Lord, My God
    7 Reunion
    8 King Jesus
    Recorded in Holland March 6, 2015.
    Last edited by BravadoNJ; 07-05-2016 at 07:02 AM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    i've been waiting for this. have been watching the homemade footage on YouTube and glad it's finally getting an official released.
    i'm wearing out my Momentum DVD need something new! Morsefest 2015 DVD coming soon too.

https://www.amazon.com/Alive-Again-N...QR4BRJQK6XC3Y5
    Is this from one of the cruises?

Auto buy! The Grand Experiment is his best album to date!

Oh, I see - like he's been resurrected.

I've sold most of my Neal Morse cd's, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I've sold most of my Neal Morse cd's, sorry.
    What post are you replying to?

Harm's Way from Spocks Beard's The Kindness of Strangers album? Wow it's nice to see Neal break out some different tracks from those days

He pretty much does a SB song on all his tours. on the Momentum DVD he performed Distance To The Sun- which was incredible!

On Amazon the blu ray is presented as "Playback Region B/2 :This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America" which probably is not the case.

just got it, the jewel case is regular size and when i opened it everything fell out. can't wait to view it.... a little later.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Should be picking this up tomorrow at Newbury Comics (I'd get it tonight but I'm heading down to CT for a Yes show). We saw this tour at la Tulipe in Montreal and have looked forward to a live release ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    On Amazon the blu ray is presented as "Playback Region B/2 :This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America" which probably is not the case.
    It's really a region 2 from Sony. Don't know how north American seller can sell this to north Americans?? I just bought it on Laser's edge (all regions) and was dispatched 1 minute after I order the product!

Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    It's really a region 2 from Sony. Don't know how north American seller can sell this to north Americans?? I just bought it on Laser's edge (all regions) and was dispatched 1 minute after I order the product!
    No, it's not, it's just mislabelled on Amazon. I got it yesterday and it has no region labels on the case or disc at all (and it plays just fine in my player). I'm pretty sure it's only being released as region free anyway.

a great performance. the packaging is flimsy, but the DVD quality is great. a documentary is attached as a bonus.
    the sound mix might be a little off, i was constantly adjusting the volume with every song. it might be my DVD player.
    the set was great, all great tracks. i thought the SB song Harm's Way was a bit of a drag, they could have chosen a stronger song.
    this band really plays great together. Neal always surrounds himself with excellent musicians.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Watched the DVD last night. What a great band this master tunesmith has assembled.

bump... was wondering if anyone has heard about a Morsefest 2015 DVD release?

http://www.phantomtollbooth.org/inde...he-alive-again

don't know about Morsefest DVD - hopefully - but I'd really like it if they released a DVD of the Progressive Nation at Sea Transatlantic show w/ Jon Anderson.

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    a great performance. the packaging is flimsy, but the DVD quality is great. a documentary is attached as a bonus.
    the sound mix might be a little off, i was constantly adjusting the volume with every song.
    I was a little surprised by the stereo-only audio. It sounds fine, but on a Blu-ray, surround sound is the expected standard. It being stereo, it will sound best if you remember to turn off any enhancements (like Dolby Pro-Logic IIx) that you might normally use with surround material, and play the audio in stereo, or "direct," mode.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    I was a little surprised by the stereo-only audio. It sounds fine, but on a Blu-ray, surround sound is the expected standard. It being stereo, it will sound best if you remember to turn off any enhancements (like Dolby Pro-Logic IIx) that you might normally use with surround material, and play the audio in stereo, or "direct," mode.
    This is a disappointment! Will just be buying the CD!

I prefer a good stereo sound like this than a poor surround sound which is the case in 90% of all of the videos concerts.
    Last edited by jarmsuh; 08-17-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    I prefer a good surround sound like this than a poor surround sound which is the case in 90% of all of the videos concerts.
    I assume you meant "good stereo." I agree, if the stereo mix is reasonably dry without too much crowd noise in it. This one seems to qualify. With surround mixes that have mostly room/crowd ambiance in the surround channels, I can just turn them down, and I like that option if they're obnoxious, as with most Rush concert videos.

I assume you meant "good stereo." I agree, if the stereo mix is reasonably dry without too much crowd noise in it. This one seems to qualify. With surround mixes that have mostly room/crowd ambiance in the surround channels, I can just turn them down, and I like that option if they're obnoxious, as with most Rush concert videos.
    Oups! sorry stereo was the word... Rush is a perfect example of obnoxious surround sound. But I am curious how can you shut down the crowd noise or ambient noise in the rears?

Ember
    Any surround system has separate volume controls per channel.