Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karda Estra - recommendationd

Quote Originally Posted by at least 100 dead View Post
    Hey, I didn’t mean the song (which is wonderful), but the “vitamin h” yacht.
    Ooops - apologies. I guess they were right when they said it isn't always about me, me, me.

Quote Originally Posted by Karda Estra View Post
    Ooops - apologies.
    OK, if you insist...I’ll just have a chunk of your yacht.

Seriously, no apologies necessary - I should have phrased it differently and/or quoted KT more clearly.
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

What I find really interesting about Karda Estra is the timeless quality to the music. It's very sophisticated and quite universal in that area. When I listen to each and every one of their cd's, I am reassured that it is going to be real art. To accomplish that level of composing and with that kind of on going consistency is a very difficult thing to do. Natural talent for improvisation , trained ear, understanding the science of music are universally combined to high levels. One detail of Karda Estra I should mention is the sections written for the female vocalists. I listen to many Karda Estra cd's and there is something totally unique about what is being written to accompany the vocalists or what has been written as a whole and can easily be taken that way from the listener's point of view. For example , when I hear what has been written for the instruments which back the female vocalists, it always sounds different to me and that is a dimensional comparison to other composers. So...I'm not showboating , I'm being honest. The chord voicings and progressions are very unique.

It's interesting how I love this music. If I'm at Glencarin Castle or Bryn Athen Cathedral sitting in the van..I'm listening to Karda Estra. You wouldn't believe how timeless of an experience that is. The music just falls into place with the surroundings and it's very deep and difficult to explain..like Gnosis. Feeling something that you cannot describe is an experience often felt when connecting with the spirit world. Karda Estra's music can set a foundation for a human to travel there and even if it's just a fantasy, at least it's a fine method of escapsim from western culture. "Constellations" can be listened to in front of an open field on a clear night. My friend brings the telescope over. Karda Estra's music paints images and creates fantasy. It's also very romantic music . More dark romantic and it has created that vibe for me. You can accomplish dreaming of being in other places , as I said before..fantasy..but it's a little different with Karda Estra because the music overall is somehow naturally designed to assist you in traveling there. I'm making reference to one particular outcome of Karda Estra which is not contrived to do anything in particular. It's a response from me about an aspect of Karda Estra's natural outcome or overall arrival of their reputation /creations of art. When you ask yourself..."What does the music make me feel?" , ...most importantly if you are feeling something deep from an artist's music , you must be feeling their soul. The expression from within their soul...transported to you through the notes. Ultimately the charcteristics within a band's music that are distinctive are taken on in a personal way from the audience. That's a beautiful experience.

I really appreciate your post(s), Enid. I've just read your recent posts in the Artist forum and you've clearly had considerable experience as a musician and it's really great to read that what I've done strikes such a chord with you. You've described the kind of connection that I always hope will happen and it's a big deal to me personally when someone takes the time to describe how that connection has worked.

'"Constellations" can be listened to in front of an open field on a clear night. My friend brings the telescope over.' < This. Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Karda Estra View Post
    I really appreciate your post(s), Enid. I've just read your recent posts in the Artist forum and you've clearly had considerable experience as a musician and it's really great to read that what I've done strikes such a chord with you. You've described the kind of connection that I always hope will happen and it's a big deal to me personally when someone takes the time to describe how that connection has worked.

'"Constellations" can be listened to in front of an open field on a clear night. My friend brings the telescope over.' < This. Wonderful.
    Thanks for the communication and support...