Thread: First Images of the Brain on LSD

Banned

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What's this LSD you speak of???? Many times in the 1970s. Interesting clip.

And here I thought my youth was misspent when, in fact, it was enhanced. Good to know. (The accompanying music makes me want to get high)......

and this:

http://www.openculture.com/2013/10/a...xperiment.html
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

I don't know if it helped me pass my high school senior mid-terms with A's, but it was sure fun to do that day.

Never saw things, never overtly hallucinated. It was very cerebral for me. Maybe a carpet pattern would undulate, maybe I enjoyed the intricate and subtle motions involved in watching people breathe, but the gremlins never invaded my visual trip-space. I found focus usually. Shit. Maybe I'm the type that needed it.

Affects different people different ways. Enhanced pattern recognition seems to be a frequent response.

I remember back in the 70s one of my high school science teachers spent about 6 weeks teaching about narcotics. She was somewhat suspicious of the level of my knowledge until she learned my father was a sales rep for McNeil Labs. Anyway, I remember this teacher stating that that LSD primarily affected the portion of the brain that controls vision. This scan seems to strongly confirm that.
    I was in 10th grade, so that was about 1975-76. I had used it 3 times, and while I would agree with this in general, one of the experiences (a bad one) caused a major panic attack. It may have had something to do with the fact that we were at a Black Oak Arkansas concert and people were throwing beer and whiskey bottles at a 400# woman showing way too much of her stomach and dancing in the back of the floor at Tech Colosseum. Just way too much aggression for someone who couldn't completely trust everything they were seeing at the time.
    I never touched it again.

And how about that soundtrack! Creep Prog?

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    I remember back in the 70s one of my high school science teachers spent about 6 weeks teaching about narcotics. She was somewhat suspicious of the level of my knowledge until she learned my father was a sales rep for McNeil Labs. Anyway, I remember this teacher stating that that LSD primarily affected the portion of the brain that controls vision. This scan seems to strongly confirm that.
    I was in 10th grade, so that was about 1975-76. I had used it 3 times, and while I would agree with this in general, one of the experiences (a bad one) caused a major panic attack. It may have had something to do with the fact that we were at a Black Oak Arkansas concert and people were throwing beer and whiskey bottles at a 400# woman showing way too much of her stomach and dancing in the back of the floor at Tech Colosseum. Just way too much aggression for someone who couldn't completely trust everything they were seeing at the time.
    I never touched it again.
    Oh man, this is the funniest thing so far today! I think Black Oak would be the last place a person should trip. Don't get me wrong, Black Oak has it's place if for nothing more than making David Lee Roth into who he was, but i think if i had to hear that woman with the shrieky voice singing Jim Dandy i would have went into a panic attack even without the drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Oh man, this is the funniest thing so far today! I think Black Oak would be the last place a person should trip. Don't get me wrong, Black Oak has it's place if for nothing more than making David Lee Roth into who he was, but i think if i had to hear that woman with the shrieky voice singing Jim Dandy i would have went into a panic attack even without the drugs.
    Yeah, it was a very poor choice on my part. I probably would've been amused by the whole spectacle if I had been straight.

I've never used LSD. I haven't even smoked a joint in more than 30 years. When Indiana legalized pot, that streak will end.

Banned

Banned

My LSD experiences were very aural as well. I put on music that I had heard a thousand times before but I was totally unable to recognize it at all; it sounded like nothing I had ever heard before.