Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hopeful ARW setlists

I posted this list at Yesfans because of the same discussion over there. I'd rather have a setlist mixed with Yes material and solo stuff especially since YES is currently touring. The less conflicting selections the better and I find it more interesting this way.

Election 97/Arthur
    Perpetual Change/The Calling
    I've Seen All Good People
    Love Will Find A Way
    Heard You Cry Wolf
    To Be With You
    Changes
    Hold On To Love
    Flight of the Moorglade
    Soon
    Turn of the Century
    2000 A.D.
    Statue Of Justice
    Anerley Road
    Eyes Of Love
    New New World
    And You and I
    Endless Dream
    ENCORE
    Children of Light
    Roundabout

I wouldn't mind hearing:
    Hold On
    Hearts
    Changes
    Shoot High, Aim Low
    The Calling
    Walls
    Endless Dream
    Love Will Find A Way (but only if Trevor breaks out an electric 12 string for it)

And I know it's probably a long shot, as I'm probably the only person int he world who even knows it exists (much less wants to hear it), but I'd love to hear Getting To Know You Better off Rabin's first solo album.

Leave It strikes me as highly unlikely. Have they even ever played it after the 90125 tour? Have they ever actually played it completely live, ie no backing tapes?

Young persons guide
    Cinema

In no particular order

Perpetual change
    I am waiting
    Starship Trooper
    Owner
    Rhythm of love
    Holy lamb
    New song intermingled with mind drive
    Aim high shot low
    wakemam solo
    Rabin solo
    Roundabout
    Heart of the sunrise or endless dream
    Ayai
    Soon
    Yours is no disgrace

I think it will include:

The Calling
    I Am Waiting
    Changes
    Perpetual Change
    Time and a Word
    Owner of a Lonely Heart
    Endless Dream
    Starship Trooper
    Cans and BrahmsWakeman solo
    And You and I
    Rhythm of Love
    Hold On
    Roundabout
    Shoot High Aim Low

I wonder how much of this might be stripped down. For example, I would be surprised to see Jon sing "Perpetual Change," unless they brought it down a couple of notches. They did an acoustic version (as part of a medley?) during the US '75 tour. Don't they do that on QPR video, too?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I wonder how much of this might be stripped down. For example, I would be surprised to see Jon sing "Perpetual Change," unless they brought it down a couple of notches. They did an acoustic version (as part of a medley?) during the US '75 tour. Don't they do that on QPR video, too?
    I know they did an acoustic version of Long Distance..

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Biggest surprise would be to hear new music.. Otherwise I would expect a typical setlist that Trevor played with Yes.. 70's stuff will most likely be HOTS, Roundabout, AYAI, 80's stuff will most likely be OOALH, Changes and perhaps Hearts from 90125, Rhythm of Love and perhaps SHAL from Big Generator, Union stuff? maybe maybe not, and I suspect the largest portion of the evening will be stuff from Talk..
    I thought Talk wouldn't even be touched. It'd be so cool to see some of that. How about some ABWH? Lift Me Up definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    I know they did an acoustic version of Long Distance..
    Oh, Shit, my mistake. Sorry about that.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

They did use some instrumental sections of Perpetual Change as the opening number on the Talk tour. I suspect they would do a similar thing now.
    Perspective Vortex - my new solo project available now at http://perspectivevortex.bandcamp.com
    Mahtrak Progressive Jazz Rock - www.mahtrak.com

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I think it will include:

The Calling
    I Am Waiting
    Changes
    Perpetual Change
    Time and a Word
    Owner of a Lonely Heart
    Endless Dream
    Starship Trooper
    Cans and BrahmsWakeman solo
    And You and I
    Rhythm of Love
    Hold On
    Roundabout
    Shoot High Aim Low
    Gotta think they'd pick more than three things Wakeman originally appeared on, no?

On the QPR video they do Long Distance Runaround and Your Move.