Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brexit - thoughts - opinions

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    Wall St. is hemorrhaging billions. Look for demands for a bailout in the coming months, if not sooner. Then watch all hell break loose.
    Fuck that. Let 'em fail.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    One another note, I'd really be curious what exactly folks here think I'm being intolerant of.
    Maybe condescending and dismissive are better words than intolerant. I wasn't in favor of Brexit, but the idea that this was driven by xenophobia is nonsense pushed by idiots who don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Banned
    Congratulations and thanks to all Brits who voted to exit the Fourth Reich!
    My country is a candidate for membership in so-called "European Union", but after this magnificent event will be no more and I'm genuinely happy.

Last edited by Svetonio; 06-25-2016 at 03:53 AM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    fear & hatred of the other

• brain-dead right-wing bastards who think with their amygdalae.
    • incipient crypto-fascists
    Fear and hatred of the other?
    That's some textbook Othering right there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    (...) there is plenty of time for England (not the UK) to wake up and realize that its low class should simply not be allowed to have a matter in politics (check the link below for the stats by regions & by income)

(...)
    Well, it's classic fascism. No wonder really, since you're the big shot at progarchives.com

Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    Oh, come on! This is the only place on the web were I can read about this.
    Mmmhhh!!!... I'd be surprised if you hadn't perused the PA threads about this issue.. My guess is that there are at least two threads discussing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    What I don't understand is why did Cameron call for this referendum? How did he think this was going to end well for him?
    Actually Cameron is the perfect example of the perfidious albionite...He was never pro-EU, but just used the issue to his own political end: he wants the pro, but not the cons. Just that he didn't think it would actually happen
    Like much of the Tories, they wanted a foot in to suck out the marrow of the EU (access to the market, for ex), but didn't want to be part of the organism (harmonization and progress of newer members) that it was parasiting. Many of the UKIPs are Tories at heart

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    Wall St. is hemorrhaging billions. Look for demands for a bailout in the coming months, if not sooner. Then watch all hell break loose.
    You know... good for those arseholes... always ready to win, but not accepting to lose...

I'm not crying over these speculating leaches

Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post
    Well, it's classic fascism. No wonder really, since you're the big shot at progarchives.com
    Says the admirer of Tito (was your "genitor" part of the his presidential gard?) who supports a "greater Serbia" (as you clearly pointed out in PA) and who published pictures of Stalin and Tito on that site and openly supports Putin (though this later point is somewhat disputable) ....

============

Just for the record, the low-class I'm talking about doesn't see further than the tip of their nose and can barely write their own names without making spelling mistakes, let alone even know remotely what the EU is about... typically the kind of human material that toured the streets of Berlin in brown shirts before, during and after 1933

oh well, I got the Godwin point.
    Last edited by Trane; 06-25-2016 at 06:32 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I am oposed to referenda as a means for political descisions because I think the outcome represents the sentiment of the day while politics should be concerned with medium and long term planning. Todays sentiment is mainly driven by the refugee problem and terrorism. In 5 years from now the world might look different and many people might regret the brexit vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    What I don't understand is why did Cameron call for this referendum? How did he think this was going to end well for him?
    He leads a party that is split down the middle on the subject of Europe. He thought he could lance the boil by going over their heads and getting the people to settle the matter once and for all. In other words he risked the future of the country in order to settle an internal party squabble, and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Maybe condescending and dismissive are better words than intolerant. I wasn't in favor of Brexit, but the idea that this was driven by xenophobia is nonsense pushed by idiots who don't know what the hell they are talking about.
    The success for Leave was entirely driven by the issue of immigration. It was it was sometimes dressed up as being about "sovereignty" but on the whole people were pretty open about their motives - there's too much immigration and we want to stop it.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    This is going to add an interesting dynamic to performances of Supper's Ready in the near future, with the whole New Jerusalem part. Chavs who voted Leave would be in ecstasy (if they liked Genesis, which they don't of course. At least not Gabriel era).

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post
    Congratulations and thanks to all Brits who voted to exit the Fourth Reich!
    My country is a candidate for membership in so-called "European Union", but after this magnificent event will be no more and I'm genuinely happy.

Svetonio, sorry if I asked before, but did you go by a different name on PE previously?

Unfortunately this mostly covered the political, the nasty, and the silly regardless of the original poster's intentions. Time to close...
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.