Thread: Singing Without Autocorrection

Singing Without Autocorrection

In 2012 Aida Nikolaychuk won Ukraine's X-Factor TV talent show with a song "Колыбельная, Kalybelnaya". The judges stopped her performance halfway through because they couldn't believe she was singing it without a guide vocal.

They challenged her to sing it acapella. She did -- and it was just as perfectly rendered.

Isnt that normal in all choir music & classical music?

This is interesting, and - as concerns the judges here - mildly embarrassing to boot; it goes to show how mediocracy or indeed the act of fake has not only become a standard but an expectancy on behalf of those listening. It reminds me of my Destiny's Child-adoring niece's reaction at some 22 years when I played her Gentle Giant and she refused to believe that this was "human made".

There's more music created than anytime before nowadays, thus there's also more *fabulous* music being created - yet this is NOT what's being heard or consumed by masses. Christ, even the "prog" that's selling these days is mostly non-creative, blandly clichéd and shallow. Go figure what this implies as token to the superficialities of our time.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM