Thread: Ed Palermo Big Band plays the music of Zappa, Rundgren, Tull, King Crimson, Beatles

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Ed Palermo Big Band plays the music of Zappa, Rundgren, Tull, King Crimson, Beatles

& More (it wouldn't fit!)

http://theiridium.com/events/ed-pale...todd-rundgren/

Hey Steve, would you have an idea of what Zappa, Rundgren, Tull, and KC numbers they do?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    & More (it wouldn't fit!)

http://theiridium.com/events/ed-pale...todd-rundgren/

Hey Steve, would you have an idea of what Zappa, Rundgren, Tull, and KC numbers they do?
    as far as Zappa, he's got a repertoire of something like 75-100 pieces he can pull out at any time.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    as far as Zappa, he's got a repertoire of something like 75-100 pieces he can pull out at any time.
    Yeah, that I guess I knew. Would love to know what Tull he's playing.

Good Day Folks!

I know that JKL2000 asked 'what do they play'...and I'm assuming from a live standpoint - I thought that I'd look at my four Palermo CD's and pass along some information as to what has been recorded. Having NOT seen the Big Band perform live to confirm (I would really enjoy a show ), I would think that some of the following may be helpful in some way:

Find somewhere to get the track listings for The Ed Palermo Big Band catalogue eg Cuneiform/Wayside (each release has quite an assortment of Zappa tunes) I would think that the recorded pool of Zappa would weigh heavy at a live show. Could be wrong....too!

Ed Palermo, as a composer, has some very nice tunes of his own as well! Definitely worth some time exploring for the Pprog fan IMHO.

Carry On
    Chris Buckley
    Last edited by winkersnufs; 06-22-2016 at 04:02 PM.