Thread: More new music from Frost* on The PM Show #120

More new music from Frost* on The PM Show #120

Greetings friends. The PM Show #120 is ready for your listening pleasure. This weeks edition of The PM Show features more new music from the awesome new Frost* CD, Falling Satellites. And if you like segues then this is a show you won't want to miss. Genesis stops by to talk about their experiences behind the lines. Chad Wackerman ups the ante by saying that he lives in two worlds at the same time. David Sancious pops his head in and yells at everyone to wake up. And Caravan states philosophically that as they feel they die. Porcupine Tree moans that they care even less about this than anything else. And Rama says they'll resonate on it. All this and much more on this weeks edition of The PM Show. Click on the link and it will take you there. Click on it now and you're almost there. All the best. And thanks for listening! JB

http://www.xray.fm/broadcasts/12078

Alan I.jpgTesseracT Altered 2.jpgGenesis Duke.jpgRefugee Refugee.jpg
    Host of The PM Show on 107.1 & 91.1, KXRY, Portland, Oregon, USA, 99.9 KXRW-LP, Vancouver, Washington, USA, Jazzbox Radio International in Paris, France http://www.jazzbox-radio.fr/ and streaming online everywhere at www.xray.fm

Greetings Friends. So, A lot of you want to know exactly what in the name of Sam Hill is happening in set three of The PM Show #120. And why is this happening? And was it an accident? First, this was not an accident. Second, set three was put together in this way because this is my vision of what a progressive radio show DJ needs to do to have a progressive radio show that features progressive music. The third set starts with a PFM piece that has a hard ending. This goes directly into the Genesis piece from Duke called "Behind the Lines" that has a hard start. The first segue is a simple one piece leads into another style segue. Next, I wanted a certain section of the Genesis piece to overlap with the next piece, that being Tomita's version of Mars. The end of the Genesis piece is a simple electronic woodblock sound playing a simple rhythmic pattern. (Beep Beep Boop Boop Beep Beep Boop (pause) (repeat)) Over the woodblock sound I wanted to have the "countdown" sequence of Tomita's Mars. I wanted a full overlap with this. So Mars actually starts about 1 1/2 minutes before the end of Behind the Lines. (You can hear it if you listen closely) The Genesis woodblock sounds segue out when the rocket lift off sound in Mars begins. Mars plays uninterrupted from there till the next piece comes up. This next piece is called Resonate by the group Rama. (Andy West, T. Lavitz, Jeff Berlin...) Resonate starts with an ostinato that uses a somewhat metallic sound which works very nicely into the end of Mars. But just as Tomita's Mars ends his version of Venus starts. Tomita's Venus and Rama's Resonate then play simultaneously, with Venus playing "under" Resonate for the remainder of the set. Played together, Resonate and Venus produces an eerie & unearthly sounding combination that is stunningly beautiful and strangely evocative. It's hard not to listen to. It's foreign and gorgeous all at the same time. Venus is a bit longer than Resonate. So I use the remaining time of Venus as a music bed for my back announcing break. It was no accident. That's how I try to plan things on The PM Show. Hope you enjoyed it. And Thanks for listening. All the best! JB

PFM Appena.jpgGenesis Duke.jpgTomita Planets.jpgRama Rama1.jpg
    Host of The PM Show on 107.1 & 91.1, KXRY, Portland, Oregon, USA, 99.9 KXRW-LP, Vancouver, Washington, USA, Jazzbox Radio International in Paris, France http://www.jazzbox-radio.fr/ and streaming online everywhere at www.xray.fm