Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has the recent spate of RIPs changd your listening habits?

Not one bit.

Only immediately after the passing. Shortly after Michael Dunford's death, I was on a Renaissance binge, but that soon faded. After Chris Squire's death, it was Fish Out Of Water and Yes albums, but that too faded. After binging on ELP and Keith Emerson Band, it will be a while until I listen to them again because I'm not much of a repeat listener. It took quite a long time before I would dust off the Yes or Renaissance again. In other words, a sudden downpour followed by a very long drought.
    Last edited by progmatist; 06-17-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Emphatically YES! At least for the artists I like. Prince wasn't one of them. Still looking for my Magellan CDs though. Where the hell are they???
    Still plan on going back through the Bowie years. Already went through the ELP stuff with mostly the newer remasters/5.1.
    I didn't with the Yes stuff, but I still hear it enough on internet radio.
    Ironically NP on Morow.com - ELP - Karn Evil 9 - 1st Imp Pt1....Yum!

We also lost our most loved parrot (Gadget, 3yrs old) over ROSfest weekend while we were at the fest, which is our saddest loss ever. He was our baby boy and our hearts are shattered.
    That said, 2016 can eats a huge bag of dicks for all the damage done!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Sorry about the loss of your parrot.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I haven't bought any Three Dog Night albums since Chuck Negron's penis exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I haven't bought any Three Dog Night albums since Chuck Negron's penis exploded.
    I have! Never liked Negron!
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Emphatically YES! At least for the artists I like. Prince wasn't one of them. Still looking for my Magellan CDs though. Where the hell are they???
    I "illegally" downloaded the first two Magellan albums and listened to them yesterday. But I have a useless cassette of the first one around somewhere, and I either have or had the 2nd album on CD - I need to check and see if I still have it, I might have sold it.

No, not at all. I admire lots of musos, and it does seem like an end of an era when one one of them passes, but for me it's really all about the music. Music is timeless, so in the end it doesn't matter one bit to me whether or not the people who made music that I love are living or dead. I suppose it might be different if I were to have met one of my heroes, but to date I haven't, and being in Korea this is unlikely to ever occur. As long as *I'm* still here, though, I can enjoy the art they've brought to life through their recordings.
    Last edited by Koreabruce; 06-18-2016 at 01:48 AM.