Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Albums that end the way they begin

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    ideally the last song(or section)should be very similar or identical(more or less)to the first song.

Pink Floyd- The Wall
    That's a funny example to start with--the last and first songs are nothing alike. I guess there's the near-inaudible sound clip that loops to the beginning, but that's a pretty different thing.

and Tubular Bells?? That one has complete polar opposites at its, ummmm, opposite poles.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    They all begin and end the same - with silence!
    Screw it, I like this answer the most. (That's assuming it's not in a digital playlist that goes straight into the next thing immediately, which, well, whatever.)

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    They all begin and end the same - with silence!
    Or pops and clicks for us vinyl freaks.

How about Selling England By The Pound? Aisle of Plenty could have easily been titled Dancing With The Moonlit Knight (Reprise).

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    How about Selling England By The Pound? Aisle of Plenty could have easily been titled Dancing With The Moonlit Knight (Reprise).
    Yes, the OP did mention that.

However, vinyl doesn't always end with silence, sometimes it ends with a locked groove. So Sgt. Pepper, Clearlight Symphony and a bunch of others only count when heard on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    That's a funny example to start with--the last and first songs are nothing alike. I guess there's the near-inaudible sound clip that loops to the beginning, but that's a pretty different thing.
    Actually, The Wall opens with a few bars of Outside The Wall, which is the last song on the album, so besides the "Is this we're we came in" thing, it does begin and end the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Actually, The Wall opens with a few bars of Outside The Wall, which is the last song on the album, so besides the "Is this we're we came in" thing, it does begin and end the same.
    I knew it.

Banned
    The first track and last track of Celebration Rock (2112) by Japandroids, contain fireworks at beginning and at the end of the album.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Klaus Schulze - Bayreuth Return (song with no singing)
    That's not an album, and besides, Bayreuth Return starts with a wind-like sound and ends with a loud blast.

Thats why I wrote "song with no singing"
    To my ears the last seconds are similar to the beginning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1vs3Xb7K0o

Although this doesn't 100% meet the exact criteria of the OP...

Operation Mindcrime: after a bit of hospital back-noise, the narration begins with : "I remember now"....album ends with the same quote....essentially bringing the flashback back to the present.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Huh. I hadn't remembered that. It still leaves the first and last songs completely different, so I guess it depends how you want to stretch the OP's guideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Huh. I hadn't remembered that. It still leaves the first and last songs completely different, so I guess it depends how you want to stretch the OP's guideline.
    Well, if you mean that In The Flesh? and Outside The Wall are different songs, yes, but the album begins and ends with the same melody, in both cases played very quietly, I believe on accordion. So it does indeed begin and end the same.

Khan - Space Shanty

Bending the rules again, but seeing as Side 2 is something else altogether: Todd Rundgren's Initiation, Side 1.

mine start with needle landing on wax and needle lifting from wax!!

TAAB, maybe?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Magma - 1000°C.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Haven't heard it lately, but Supertramp S/T might have a reprise of a song somewhere.

One more.. Trout Mask Replica.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Bulldozer View Post
    Haven't heard it lately, but Supertramp S/T might have a reprise of a song somewhere.
    Surely... though the actual track ends the album and the "reprise" opens it.

So good call
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Surely... though the actual track ends the album and the "reprise" opens it.

So good call
    I can't remember where I leave my keys but I can remember that.

Hasse Fröberg & Musical Companion, their newest titled "HFMC", A killer album, starts and ends with a clock. The first song is Seconds, the last song is Minutes. All that comes between I think is excellent.