Thread: Woohoo! New Umphrey's McGee album coming out

Woohoo! New Umphrey's McGee album coming out

Got an email from the boys today:

"Gone for Good” is Here to Stay

With our archival documentary, Reel To Real now in the wild for almost two weeks, we figured you should know that the soundtrack is soon to follow. Seems only appropriate, right?

Full details on that release are coming soon but to satiate your craving in the meantime, we are pleased to unveil “Gone For Good,” the first song on our new album. With an instrumental version first appearing in the film and the vocal version having debuted live on January 1st, “Gone For Good” continues to evolve. This new rendition is an Umphrey’s hybrid, recorded both live on stage during a sound check and finished in the studio after the fact.

Today we share “Gone For Good” exclusively on umlive.net, the definitive home for all UM audio. Download MP3, lossless, or 24bit HD versions now or stream it (plus the entire UM archive) via the nugs.net app.

Let us know what you think via any and all UM social channels. Spread the word, and thanks for supporting what we do. \mm/

New UM is always good by me!

I can't find the damn song, all links take you to this page:http://m.livedownloads.com/ldmartist.asp?artID=22

Wtf?

Love UM, but the last album was the first one by them, that I didn't care for. I hope the new one is a return to form, for my tastes.

neil

Auto buy.

Similar Skin was fantastic, I know that's not a popular opinion around here, but I don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSolution View Post
    Similar Skin was fantastic, I know that's not a popular opinion around here, but I don't give a shit.
    I really liked it too. Not quite the same level as "Mantis" for me, but it grew on me a lot the more I listened to it.

I thought Skin was a return to form after Death By Stereo. Which I did like, but it was sort of a mixed bag. Unlike Mantis and Skin which were more like albums that hung together as one statement.

Automatic
    Loved Similar Skin with only a couple exceptions.
    Grabbed tix for the Sunday, August 14th show here in Syracuse

Count me in as another one who absolutely loved Similar Skin. In fact I thought it was their best studio release since Anchor Drops. Very looking forward to the next one. Is the documentary already available?

Auto auto buy!

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Count me in as another one who absolutely loved Similar Skin. In fact I thought it was their best studio release since Anchor Drops. Very looking forward to the next one. Is the documentary already available?
    https://vimeo.com/ondemand/reeltoreal

Awesome!
    check out Servicing Stop as they fix anything and everything to do with cars and have a brilliant service, they pick your car up, fix it and drop it back off! Plus 50% off your service!