Page 140 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 3968

Thread: And the best Black and White movie ever is:

I neglected to mention, Jed, that HBO Max & TCM have some kind of deal (or are owned by the same company) where HBOM has a TCM portal where you can watch a lot of older movies. I've never done an actual comparison but I don't think TCM's current movies are on that portal. Still, you can find a lot of classics there.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I caught Kelly's Heroes on TCM yesterday. The exchange with the German tank sergeant always delights me.

Big Joe : That's about 65 million marks.

Kelly : And sergeant, all you have to do to have an equal share of this money is crank this turret around and blow a hole in that door.

And then...
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I neglected to mention, Jed, that HBO Max & TCM have some kind of deal (or are owned by the same company) where HBOM has a TCM portal where you can watch a lot of older movies. I've never done an actual comparison but I don't think TCM's current movies are on that portal. Still, you can find a lot of classics there.
    Thanks, I’ll check that out!

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Scarface is bad, but not on the same level. I can think of a lot of movies that are worse. At least Scarface had a production budget. It's was just bad in every other way.

Like Jed mentioned, "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" is awful. I've always heard that "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" is another contender for worst, but I've never seen it.
    I saw Killer Tomatoes at a bad film festival decades ago. It’s bad, but I discount it because it’s really a parody of bad movies, intentionally bad. It’s really just dumb, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I caught Kelly's Heroes on TCM yesterday. The exchange with the German tank sergeant always delights me.

Big Joe : That's about 65 million marks.

Kelly : And sergeant, all you have to do to have an equal share of this money is crank this turret around and blow a hole in that door.

And then...
    Positive waves Moriarity , positive waves..

Final weekend in June on TCM, all Hitchcock. Looks like about 20 movies back-to-back.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Final weekend in June on TCM, all Hitchcock. Looks like about 20 movies back-to-back.
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    Ditto.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

REMINDER Hitchcock movies all this coming weekend on TCM
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

August is Summer Under the Stars Month on TCM, featuring a different actor each day. Today was Bette Davis all day.

https://summer.tcm.com/?icid=homepag...s-2021--week-1

Tomorrow on TCM at 6 PM.

One of the great movie performances and the best version of this classic story.

This is hardly ever broadcast on TCM these days. Set your DVR.

Tomorrow on TCM at 6 PM.

Check 40 seconds in . Say it , don't spray it Fredrich. Must have been the fake teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Check 40 seconds in . Say it , don't spray it Fredrich. Must have been the fake teeth.
    That's part of the character. I'm guessing it was no oversight.

Four Bogey and Bacall movies on TCM tomorrow afternoon and into the evening.

I know many of us haven't been in this thread much but whatever happened to Staun? He hasn't posted here since April.

Four Bogey and Bacall movies on TCM tomorrow afternoon and into the evening.
    It's their Yom Kippur celebration.

Watching Dark Passage at the moment. The film is alright but the sound track is awful. Why didn’t they clean that up to? A fun movie.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I know many of us haven't been in this thread much but whatever happened to Staun? He hasn't posted here since April.
    He must be off somewhere enjoying the summer or what’s left of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    He must be off somewhere enjoying the summer or what’s left of it.
    You are alive!

Tomorrow on TCM at 6 PM.

Oh, Fred has pointed ears. Just noticed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Oh, Fred has pointed ears. Just noticed that.
    Spockian

Spockian
    More like Spock is Hydian.

Spockian

More like Spock is Hydian.

Cool Hand Luke tonight, Human Desire and Dr. Zhivago Sunday afternoon. I like anything Broderick Crawford and Jack Webb are in. That hard sharp edge they both have fits the screen well. They don’t even have to play the bad guy, that edge is always there. Like a time bomb that could go off at any moment.