Page 105 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3978

Thread: And the best Black and White movie ever is:

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

You're just jealous because NDSU will never make the playoffs.
    Ahem: North Dakota State have won 15 national championships: three as a member of the College Division (precursor of Division II), five as a member of Division II, and seven as a member of Division I FCS. FBS teams used to schedule them as pre-conference but after they beat Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Colorado State, Kansas State, and Kansas the FBS has stayed away. I'm not saying they'd beat Alabama but they'd bloody their noses.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Ahem: North Dakota State have won 15 national championships: three as a member of the College Division (precursor of Division II), five as a member of Division II, and seven as a member of Division I FCS. FBS teams used to schedule them as pre-conference but after they beat Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Colorado State, Kansas State, and Kansas the FBS has stayed away. I'm not saying they'd beat Alabama but they'd bloody their noses.
    Yes, I'm aware of how successful NDSU has been - from your FB posts lol - but I was referring to the CFP. My apologies, Jerol, for the confusion.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I was watching Jeopardy, last night, and while I'm usually really good, I tend to suck at the final jeopardy answer. Last night was almost no different. Almost. I had to really think about it which, as many of us know, gets progressively worse past the age of 50. Goddamn aging. I got the question with about a second or two to spare. Thank God I'm a movie aficionado.

Here's the answer: Prior to a murder in a 1934 book, he says he hasn’t been a detective since 1927 & that his wife inherited a lumber mill.

What's the question? (you're looking for a person, if that's not clear)
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Typical. A man brings his pain and pours his heart out here with his friends and what does he get? Maureen O'Sullivan swimming in the raw. Well, maybe my friends aren't so bad after all.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Well, some of her looks like Jane Russell. How about the rest?

I gotta learn how to post pictures. Soon......

"You incinerate me", can't be beat.

I was watching Jeopardy, last night, and while I'm usually really good, I tend to suck at the final jeopardy answer. Last night was almost no different. Almost. I had to really think about it which, as many of us know, gets progressively worse past the age of 50. Goddamn aging. I got the question with about a second or two to spare. Thank God I'm a movie aficionado.

Here's the answer: Prior to a murder in a 1934 book, he says he hasn’t been a detective since 1927 & that his wife inherited a lumber mill.

What's the question? (you're looking for a person, if that's not clear)
    Who is Philip Marlowe?

Wild guess.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post

If you see a picture online, right-click on it and copy the image address. There should be an option. Depends on your browser.

Then, click on the photo icon above (to the left of the film icon). Click on the From URL tab and paste the address you just copied. You can deselect the retrieve remote box and it will embed the picture in your message. If you leave the box selected, it will be a small thumbnail image to click like Hal's nipple shot above.

Her's a lovely example.

There are a couple ways to do it:
    1. Follow Ron's instructions. Mine were too verbose.

2. The other way is to copy & paste the link into your post and then type these tags around it: [img] and [/img].

CB275520.JPG
    Last edited by Hal...; 10-24-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Who is Philip Marlowe?

Wild guess.
    And a good one. I was totally stumped for the first few seconds. But knowing a little something about novelists working in Hollywood helped. I'll hide the rest:

>> Some of this I'm sure you know but Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler, who were both mystery novelists, also wrote screenplays in Hollywood. And even tho Hammett was a little younger, he predated Chandler by a decade or more. Hammett came to fame in the 20s; Chandler around '40, give or take a couple years. So, that date of 1927 is what first clued me in. The part about his wife inheriting a lumber mill is the second big clue because it means the detective & his wife are wealthy. The only detective I know who has a wife and is wealthy was a character in The Thin Man. I tried to think if Hammett wrote The Thin Man and even tho I wasn't sure, it sounded right (it's something I learned decades ago so my recall was failing me).

So I'm sure you know who the character is, now.

I hurt my bad shoulder pumping my fist in the air when I got it right. lol
    <<

Here's a lovely example.
    I don't recognize the actress. Who is it and what movie?

The costumes make me think it's either The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Robin Hood movie but the staging makes me think it's Joan of Arc.

I don't recognize the actress. Who is it and what movie?

The costumes make me think it's either The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Robin Hood movie but the staging makes me think it's Joan of Arc.
    Didn't Joan have short hair to make herself look more like a man in battle?

If you see a picture online, right-click on it and copy the image address. There should be an option. Depends on your browser.

Then, click on the photo icon above (to the left of the film icon). Click on the From URL tab and paste the address you just copied. You can deselect the retrieve remote box and it will embed the picture in your message. If you leave the box selected, it will be a small thumbnail image to click like Hal's nipple shot above.

Her's a lovely example.

Thanks Ron, I'll give it a shot.

I see what you did wrong. You copied the link for the search results, not an individual pic.

BTW, something to keep in mind Staun if you have to include the picture in your post: look at the dimensions. Anything too large can force "side scrolling" or be overwhelming.

Jane Russell was okay but I never understood Howard Hughes' obsession with her.

I see what you did wrong. You copied the link for the search results, not an individual pic.

BTW, something to keep in mind Staun if you have to include the picture in your post: look at the dimensions. Anything too large can force "side scrolling" or be overwhelming.

Gotcha. Experiment continues

Hal, Ron. Should the "[]", go in front of the http?

Hal, Ron. Should the "[]", go in front of the http?
    If you mean "[img]", then yes. And [/img] (with the back slash) at the end.

Something to look for is to make sure the link ends in ".jpg" or ".png".

If you mean "[img]", then yes. And [/img] (with the back slash) at the end.

Something to look for is to make sure the link ends in ".jpg" or ".png".
    As a matter of fact, I recall it ending in numbers. Will check again. I'll practice in the middle of the night as my shame will only last until success.

When you find a picture you like, are you actually clicking on the picture first or just right-clicking it? If the latter, you won't get the actual URL.

As a matter of fact, I recall it ending in numbers. Will check again. I'll practice in the middle of the night as my shame will only last until success.
    You don't have to feel that way. No judgement here.

Ron, I see, Nosferatu, runs early tomorrow morning. Silent 1922.