Page 67 of 160 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3978

Thread: And the best Black and White movie ever is:

P.S. The Seven-Ups is a kick ass movie.

BTW, is that the movie with a long car chase that ends with a guy crashing into a flat bed truck and the bed goes through his windshield?

I can't remember if we discussed great car chases in this thread or the other one, but there was a movie made in the mid '70s called Gone in 60 Seconds with the longest car chase in movie history. It was like half or over half the movie. Anyone ever see it?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

BTW, is that the movie with a long car chase that ends with a guy crashing into a flat bed truck and the bed goes through his windshield?

I can't remember if we discussed great car chases in this thread or the other one, but there was a movie made in the mid '70s called Gone in 60 Seconds with the longest car chase in movie history. It was like half or over half the movie. Anyone ever see it?
    Yes , 7UPs is the decapitating, almost , car under the truck scene. BTW that was unintentional. It made the movie because it was so cool .
    An excellent car chase , in a very good but mostly forgotten movie , Night Of The Juggler , is long and intense, rivaling The French Connection chase.

[SIZE=2]Not sure if this has ever happened to you, but...
    You Windows users have some pretty stupid shit to deal with.

I am fully convinced that Windows SW engineers are not Windows users.
    Last edited by ronmac; 01-21-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Yes , 7UPs is the decapitating, almost , car under the truck scene. BTW that was unintentional. It made the movie because it was so cool .
    An excellent car chase , in a very good but mostly forgotten movie , Night Of The Juggler , is long and intense, rivaling The French Connection chase.
    I thought the chase scene in, Bullitt, was pretty good to. Especially with the Charger and the Mustang going at it.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Windows has never done that to me but I am curious as to what video game you're playing.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bits and pieces but never the entire film. Will keep an eye out for it. What was strange, during the whole scene, no one said anything. I would have been afraid to look in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Saturday night TV ain't what it used to be.
    Yeah, but they do us right a lot of the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Just started watching The Seven Ups, and the opening shot already brings back memories from my childhood. The sign for Drago Shoe Repair; that was a chain of shoe repair stores. Then immediately the early 70s City bus. Just great.
    I didn't get a good taste of NY until a few years later so I wonder how much had changed.

You Windows users have some pretty stupid shit to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Windows has never done that to me...
    Technically, it's not a Windows issue. From that website: "Here's how to disable the Backspace key's back button function in Chrome and Firefox (We haven't yet found a way to do this in IE or Safari)."

So, it's a browser issue. And as you can see, apparently Safari does it too, which is an Apple browser.

...but I am curious as to what video game you're playing.
    Grand Theft Auto IV. I'll go post a little about it in the game thread.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

So, it's a browser issue. And as you can see, apparently Safari does it too, which is an Apple browser.
    Mac keyboards don't have a backspace key, though. We have a delete button which acts as a backspace, but simply deletes the previous character. (I just did it here and it didn't send me anywhere.) To go back to the previous page, you have to use a key command. So, I'm not sure where that info comes from.

In fact, if a key command were to take me away from an edit window while typing, I would get a warning asking me if I want to leave the page.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    I didn't get a good taste of NY until a few years later so I wonder how much had changed.
    If it was only a few years later, probably not too much. I liked the sort of long look you get at a "Chock Full o' Nuts" restaurant, although it looked strangely empty.

Mac keyboards don't have a backspace key, though. We have a delete button which acts as a backspace, but simply deletes the previous character.
    Potato, potahto.

(I just did it here and it didn't send me anywhere.) To go back to the previous page, you have to use a key command. So, I'm not sure where that info comes from.
    In fact, if a key command were to take me away from an edit window while typing, I would get a warning asking me if I want to leave the page.
    Based on what you just said, I'm not sure you entirely understand what that article is saying. Pressing the backspace button on my keyboard does exactly what you just described, when the cursor is in the text window. But if I click on an area outside of that, that's when the backspace button takes me back a page. I haven't used Safari on a Mac in a while, so I don't know if it works the same or not. I was just reporting what the article said. And, again, it's specifically a browser issue, not necessarily an OS issue. There's even a 6 year old thread on a Mac forum discussing the delete button and Safari. And after checking, I see the article I posted the link to is from August of '13. Maybe Safari removed that functionality?

Potato, potahto.

Based on what you just said, I'm not sure you entirely understand what that article is saying. Pressing the backspace button on my keyboard does exactly what you just described, when the cursor is in the text window. But if I click on an area outside of that, that's when the backspace button takes me back a page. I haven't used Safari on a Mac in a while, so I don't know if it works the same or not. I was just reporting what the article said. And, again, it's specifically a browser issue, not necessarily an OS issue. There's even a 6 year old thread on a Mac forum discussing the delete button and Safari. And after checking, I see the article I posted the link to is from August of '13. Maybe Safari removed that functionality?
    My potato button does nothing when I press it even outside pf a text edit function.

My potato button...
    So I have the potahto button?

...does nothing when I press it even outside pf a text edit function.
    I talked to my niece this morning and she confirmed what you just said. And I read through a lot of the comments on that forum and I guess Safari got rid of that function. In fact, from what I just found in an online article dated 10 days ago, it appears there's no way to navigate back to a previous page or website using any key strokes. At least us PC users have that option, fwiw.

I've lost posts before but never knew why or how. And to be clear, it's happened elsewhere, not just at PE. It was only yesterday I discovered how it happens. I've disabled that function so it should never be a problem again. But, man, what a stupid idea, especially since I doubt most people would ever know about it and there are other ways of accomplishing the same thing. At least Chrome & Firefox allow you to disable it.

In fact, from what I just found in an online article dated 10 days ago, it appears there's no way to navigate back to a previous page or website using any key strokes. At least us PC users have that option, fwiw.
    Not true, my friend. Command-left-bracket goes back. Command-right-bracket goes forward.

Boy Hal, since you started this, I'm afraid to type anything now.

Oooh, I posted in that other thread. I feel......changed now.

Not true, my friend. Command-left-bracket goes back. Command-right-bracket goes forward.
    Okay. One site I looked at just says "go to previous [or next] folder" and the other site doesn't even mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Boy Hal, since you started this, I'm afraid to type anything now.
    lol

Okay. One site I looked at just says "go to previous [or next] folder" and the other site doesn't even mention it.
    Apple's fucking with your mind, bro.

Seriously, though, you do pronounce it po-tah-toe, don't you? Doesn't everyone?

Only Dan Quayle pronounces it that way
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

From the other thread, even though they are in color, we do need to go through these Bond movies and sort some of this stuff out. I agree, it is confusing.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Only Dan Quayle pronounces it that way
    And Sam in the LOTR movie.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Sam shoulda got an Oscar nom for the last movie.

Apple's just fucked up. lol Trust me, I've used both over the years, for a myriad things, and I think they both have their pros & cons; I kinda hate 'em both, actually. I totally understand, tho, why you, as a professional, would want a Mac.

Apple's just fucked up. lol Trust me, I've used both over the years, for a myriad things, and I think they both have their pros & cons; I kinda hate 'em both, actually. I totally understand, tho, why you, as a professional, would want a Mac.
    Remember, "professional" only means you get paid for your work.

I used both platforms, too, when I worked in corporate. Being a Mac user first, I was amazed how unintuitive Windows was.