Page 149 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 3978

Thread: And the best Black and White movie ever is:

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I saw Amadeus at the Theater when it was released. I was over half way through and I hated it. To my surprise ,as the plot thickened, I was totally drawn in and loved this amazing movie.
    I first saw it when it came out and by the end of it, I knew that F. Murray Abraham would get Best Actor. What an incredible performance.

That from an actor who was previously one of Fruit of the Loom guys in the ads.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Saw an odd one yesterday on demand, Inner Sanctum from the 40s.
    Totally forgot about this and saw your post again just now. I searched online and found it's available from Amazon Prime for only 99˘! Now I just need to find the time to watch it.

BTW, according to Leonard Maltin's movie guide, it was inspired by the radio show. Also, he calls it a film noir.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Amadeus is one of my all time favorites.

I'm interested in seeing what TCM is going to do on Monday nights in October. Looks like Ben and the guy they had last year are doing horror movies again but I haven't seen the schedule. I have a box of the Universal monster movies ready to go if they fail me.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I first saw it when it came out and by the end of it, I knew that F. Murray Abraham would get Best Actor. What an incredible performance.

That from an actor who was previously one of Fruit of the Loom guys in the ads.
    Was Tom Hulce nominated too? I thought he was pretty great as Mozart. And that from the actor who was Pinto in "Animal House!"

Oh, thank you, YouTube:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Amadeus is one of my all time favorites.

I'm interested in seeing what TCM is going to do on Monday nights in October. Looks like Ben and the guy they had last year are doing horror movies again but I haven't seen the schedule. I have a box of the Universal monster movies ready to go if they fail me.
    Last year was a big disappointment in their movie selection. You might need to dust off the Universal collection

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Was Tom Hulce nominated too? I thought he was pretty great as Mozart. And that from the actor who was Pinto in "Animal House!"
    Yes, he was, and it was well-deserved.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    The movie that set me on the path to becoming a film aficionado. I was 10.

BTW, when I first signed up as a member at IMDb decades ago, I chose "Mad Dog" Earle as my profile ID.
    I can’t find my copy of Dark Passage. Hal, did I lend it to you? I’m getting out the bug movies instead of the horror films.
    The older I get, the better I was.

TCM is showing three Frankenstein movies on Halloween: Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein. While that's great, they are showing the first one last? WTF is with that?

TCM is showing three Frankenstein movies on Halloween: Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein. While that's great, they are showing the first one last? WTF is with that?
    I find this rather odd but, oh well.

Baffling, especially considering how the first movie and Bride can fit together so easily it could work as one continuous movie.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Rendered as a gif changes this horrible scene to one of comedy. Yeah, I have a twisted sense of humor.

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Which do you prefer?

It's hard to say, because they'd clearly both be complete wildcats in bed.

Rendered as a gif changes this horrible scene to one of comedy. Yeah, I have a twisted sense of humor.

And for so many years, we never saw that edited clip. The censoring completely changed the scene.

Which do you prefer?

Madeline has a bigger soup cooler.

And for so many years, we never saw that edited clip. The censoring completely changed the scene.
    Like The Bad Seed?

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Like The Bad Seed?
    I wouldn't know. Please elaborate.

The original play of The Bad Seed didn't have the movie's post-script:

It was added to appease the censors.

It's hard to say, because they'd clearly both be complete wildcats in bed.
    That was not my line of thinking at all.

The original play of The Bad Seed didn't have the movie's post-script:

It was added to appease the censors.
    Lame

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Lame
    Agreed. But they had to do it. Which never quite made sense to me (spoiler: the character dies at the end).

Had totally forgotten about this until I went looking for something else and ran across it:

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000
    I’ve got an extra copy if anyone wants to stop by and borrow one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal...
    How much do you want for that standard DVD version (the one on the left)? I never got around to getting one.
    For you, Barry, it’s free! Have I lost my senses? No, I’ve come to them. Just kidding, $7 plus postage!
    No, seriously, send me your mailing address. I’ll even toss in some crappy movie I no longer want!
    Christmas will be here in 77 days, Jed, and I'm still waiting.

Did they not cut the scene where she is struck by lightning at the end and replace it?

Hal...: Yes, I've been letting it "season" in my clutter for an extra year. Maybe PM me your address again.

Did they not cut the scene where she is struck by lightning at the end and replace it?
    My problem is that I don't know the scene in the first place. I never saw the movie. I may have seen parts.

I didn't realize that's what you were referring to. They never cut that scene, as far as I know. In fact, they had to include that because she was an evil little brat. She had to get her comeuppance.

Hal...: Yes, I've been letting it "season" in my clutter for an extra year. Maybe PM me your address again.
    Sent it via Facebook DM. Thanks Jed.