Page 107 of 160 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3978

Thread: And the best Black and White movie ever is:

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    You and Staun and me three.

There are only two Japanese monster movies I can think of off hand that I liked: The Manster and Attack of the Mushroom People.
    Attack of the Mushroom People sounds like something I could get my teeth into. Oh no.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    You and Staun and me three.
    That makes 4 of us.

I did watch a lot of Godzilla movies when I was a kid even tho I thought they were pretty hokey. There was a period where some TV station in my area used to show them a lot. I was surprised how many there were. But the one I actually liked was King Kong vs Godzilla.

After looking it up, just now, I discovered the first two Godzilla movies were made in '54 & '55. KKvG, the third in the franchise, wasn't made until '62. And it was because of its success that convinced the filmmakers to continue the franchise.

The only newer one I saw was the one made in '98, with Matthew Broderick. I think I saw it on the FX channel. It's stupid entertainment but it is entertaining. I thought. I haven't seen any of the other new ones, tho, but supposedly the one with Bryan Cranston is good.

The only super hero movies I've enjoyed were Deadpool (which is really funny), Ant-Man (also funny), and The Incredibles. Unfortunately, the sequels were only okay. Oh, and I liked Hancock, with Will Smith. But I've pretty much avoided most of the Marvel & DC superhero movies.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Attack of the Mushroom People sounds like something I could get my teeth into. Oh no.
    Also known as The Fungus Among Us

Hal ; "
    The only super hero movies I've enjoyed were Deadpool (which is really funny), Ant-Man (also funny), and The Incredibles. Unfortunately, the sequels were only okay. Oh, and I liked Hancock, with Will Smith. But I've pretty much avoided most of the Marvel & DC superhero movies. "

Agree but don't know about Antman, didn't see,the concept doesn't interest me. Then take out Hancock and sustitue the first Gaurdians Of The Galaxy.

I don't know about you two. Anyway boys, let the films begin. I'm going to open with two color movies, Legend of Hell House and Brides of Dracula and no, you can't sleep with the lights on.
    Good movies. "Brides of Dracula" is so rich with color. The old hag is pretty creepy, too.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Hey, It's Halloween!!!

Play it LOUD!

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

"Bride of Frankenstein" on at 8:00 tonight on TCM!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Then take out Hancock and substitute the first Guardians Of The Galaxy.
    Forgot about GotG. I liked it, too, just not as much as most people.

And the first Ironman movie was entertaining. But I also think Robert Downey Jr carried it.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Hey, It's Halloween!!!

Play it LOUD!

And I did at the stroke of midnight. This movie kills. Ron have you noticed in, The Invisible Man, the old lady and her husband who owns the inn? She gets her pipes going too. Certainly noting like Annabelle Loren.

As a kid it was hard not to see a Godzilla film. Just never got in to them but I did see a lot of Tarzan movies.

And I did at the stroke of midnight. This movie kills. Ron have you noticed in, The Invisible Man, the old lady and her husband who owns the inn? She gets her pipes going too. Certainly noting like Annabelle Loren.
    I'll have to pay more attention the next time it's on.

Yes, Annabelle really wails in that final scene. I can't say I've ever heard anything like it.

A couple mornings ago at 4:45 I believe, in the Boston area, TCM showed A Bucket of Blood (1959). I didn't get up that early but I did watch it last night on demand. I've seen it many times and still love it. Just love the beatnik vibe, which Roger Corman was certainly satirizing. Dick Miller, as Walter Paisley, the busboy beat-sculptor wannabe, is just priceless.

If I'm not mistaken, Dick Miller has played a character named Walter Paisley five times in his career.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Good things on TCM this weekend. Strangelove for one. But there is a documentary called, Harlan County, which I think is worth the effort. It's about a coal miners strike in Kentucky which got rather violent. A very good watch.

Every line from Groucho is funnier than the one before it.

From Xfinity's FAQ page:

Why did you move Turner Classic Movies?
    Every month, Comcast pays programmers like networks, local TV station owners and others, for the ability to bring their programming to you. We regularly review our programming and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of programming at the best value. We look at a variety of factors, including customer viewership and programming costs when making these decisions. Viewership of TCM is low, as over 90% of our customers watch less than two movies per month. Given this, we decided to move TCM to the Sports Entertainment Package, which will help us manage programming costs that are passed on to our customers while continuing to make the channel available to those who want to watch it.

Yeah, except you gotta pay extra.

^^ Fuck that.

Comcast continues to be the poster boys for terrible customer service and greed.

It turns out that "The Invisible Man" is on ME-TV tonight.

I'll be at the local Blue Oyster Cult show, though.

They put it into another package they want you to pay $9.95 for. A package that includes a whole bunch of sports channels.

You know what, Ron, if they offered TCM ŕ la carte for a buck or two extra a month, I think I'd be okay with that. Except...

...that these are some of the channels in their "Digital Starter" lineup:

HSN
    HSN2
    Jewelry Television (jtv)
    QVC
    Shop HQ
    Gem Shopping Network
    Shop Now TV
    [I have never known anyone who watches those shopping channels]
    Galavision
    Total Living
    Freeform
    Pop
    EWTN
    Food Network
    diy (Do-It-Yourself Network)
    Cooking Channel
    BabyFirst TV
    Nick2
    TLN
    El Rey
    Fuse Music
    Tr3s
    BET James
    Destination America
    Primo TV
    INSP
    GSN
    TV One
    AXS TV
    AHC
    FYI
    Up TV
    Viceland
    Outdoor Channel
    TUDN
    CLTV
    Hillsong Channel
    Tennis
    Nick Music
    Revolt
    BET Her
    Aspire
    Daystar
    Newsy
    Impact
    Cleo
    MYX
    Hapa
    Plus 25 sub-channels in SD (which they may be contractually obligated to carry).

Are they really trying to tell their customers those channels get more viewers than TCM??? It's possible but I don't believe it for one second.

I've never heard of most of those channels.

I would bet Food Network and Nick2 get more viewers than TCM. There are a lot of people hooked on those silly shopping networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    They put it into another package they want you to pay $9.95 for. A package that includes a whole bunch of sports channels.

You know what, Ron, if they offered TCM ŕ la carte for a buck or two extra a month, I think I'd be okay with that. Except...

HSN
    HSN2
    Jewelry Television (jtv)
    QVC
    Shop HQ
    Gem Shopping Network
    Shop Now TV
    Galavision
    Total Living
    Freeform
    Pop
    EWTN
    Food Network
    Cooking Channel
    BabyFirst TV
    Nick2
    TLN
    El Rey
    Fuse Music
    Tr3s
    BET James
    Destination America
    Primo TV
    INSP
    GSN
    TV One
    AXS TV
    AHC
    FYI
    Up TV
    Viceland
    Outdoor Channel
    TUDN
    CLTV
    Hillsong Channel
    Tennis
    Nick Music
    Revolt
    BET Her
    Aspire
    Daystar
    Newsy
    Impact
    Cleo
    MYX
    Hapa
    Plus 25 sub-channels in SD (which they may be contractually obligated to carry).

Are they really trying to tell their customers those channels get more viewers than TCM??? It's possible but I don't believe it for one second.
    When I called I think they said 5 per month ala carte for a year then the 10 package. Fuck them , I'll stream TCM using my NY cablevsion account when I am in FLA. Fuck them.

HSN
    HSN2
    Jewelry Television (jtv)
    QVC
    Shop HQ
    Gem Shopping Network
    Shop Now TV
    Galavision
    Total Living
    Freeform
    Pop
    EWTN
    Food Network
    Cooking Channel
    BabyFirst TV
    Nick2
    TLN
    El Rey
    Fuse Music
    Tr3s
    BET James
    Destination America
    Primo TV
    INSP
    GSN
    TV One
    AXS TV
    AHC
    FYI
    Up TV
    Viceland
    Outdoor Channel
    TUDN
    CLTV
    Hillsong Channel
    Tennis
    Nick Music
    Revolt
    BET Her
    Aspire
    Daystar
    Newsy
    Impact
    Cleo
    MYX
    Hapa

It looks like a bunch of channels they cant sell and are sticking TCM in there to get a quick buck. Again Fuck Them.

When I called I think they said 5 per month ala carte for a year then the 10 package. Fuck them , I'll stream TCM using my NY cablevsion account when I am in FLA. Fuck them.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if the channel isn't part of your package at home, then you should not be able to stream it in FL, either. You can only stream what you have at home. Actually, that's not entirely true. Only certain channels can be streamed, albeit most of them. Your local NY channels won't be available. And neither will FXX but I think FX will be, but I'm not sure of that. The Weather channel used to be but they stopped for some reason. There are others that aren't available but I'm not sure which. ESPN, CNN, Fox, and FoxSports are available, tho. And even some broadcast networks are, but only in some markets. You just have to go to a channel's website and login with your cable TV account to find out which are available and which aren't. It's all pretty convoluted.

I discovered that one of the broadcast networks (ABC, I think) was available to stream online in Chicago but it wouldn't let me in Ohio. So I fired up my VPN and picked a Chicago server to access the channel. It still wouldn't let me stream and IDK why. I think it's all fucked up. I mean, seriously, does it make any sense that someone who lives in Chicagoland can stream a broadcast network - an over-the-air network that's free, btw! - but someone who lives in another city can't??? WTF??? I know some of it has to do with licensing and advertising but it still doesn't make sense to me.

-------------------------

Today, I got my brother's login for DirectTV and I can now watch TCM again (I haven't checked, yet, but I'm pretty sure I can*). Direct even has a site that shows which cable channels can be streamed. I don't know about other cable or satellite companies.

* I just checked and I can watch TCM, again. I didn't try going through DirectTV's website, I went to TCM directly. Sorry for the pun.

Do you have a good friend or relative in another city or state that has a subscription with a different cable company? If so, ask them if you can have their login to their cable account so you can watch TCM. This requires you to be trustworthy, of course, but you seem like a decent enough guy.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if the channel isn't part of your package at home, then you should not be able to stream it in FL, either.
    Speaking of TCM , Comcast is my cable provider in Florida. In a money grab they moved TCM to the "sports" package and want 10 bucks extra a month for it. I still have TCM in NY so I guess I can use the streaming thingy, but fu*k those greedy Sh*tbags at Comcast. Dushe pri*ks bastards. Die in HELL!
    I vaguely remembered you commenting on losing TCM but I didn't remember the details. Obviously, you can disregard what I said about not streaming in FL.

So, now I have to ask: are you a snowbird?

Last couple days, I watched, both produced by Val Lewton:

The Seventh Victim: Kim "Zira from Planet Of The Apes" first movie. She plays a young lady in...well, I don't know if it's high school, or college or what, but her older sister has been paying her intuition up until now. When the older sister goes missing, she goes to NYC to look for her. Along way, she meets Hugh Beaumont (still 15 years away from becoming Ward Cleaver), Tom Conway, and a few who help her in her search. She also stumbles across a Satanic cult, the Palladists. Apparently, the movie's director a few scenes that Val Lewton's son felt messed up the picture, but I think it was a decent film. I didn't dig the ending, but the rest of it I liked.

I Walked With A Zombie: A Canadian nurse is sent to St. Sebastian to help look after Tom Conway's catatonic wife. Good picture, some nice music, sung by actual West Indies locals. Pretty good picture, enjoyed a great deal.

Next one's gonna be another Val Lewton production, and somehow, once again, Tom Conway is in on the action: Cat People (if you have to ask, original version, obviously, not the one with Nastassja Kinski and the David Bowie song).

It would nice if someone like Amazon Fire Stick or Roku would just pick up TCM. It is a niche audience that watches TCM's programming but it is a very fervent and loyal audience. Turner needs to cut some deals.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart