Page 100 of 160 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3978

Thread: And the best Black and White movie ever is:

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I remember when they first started advertising Yuengling in Ohio. It wasn't that long ago. My cousin, a big Steelers fan, turned me onto it. I was surprised how good it was. Too bad about the politics.

Yes. Which explains how you misspelled Stella Artois.
    Yikes. I didn't realize that. Sometimes I proof-read my posts three times and still miss something.

I was never really a Godzilla fan, even tho I saw quite a few as a kid. But one I liked was Godzilla vs King Kong (I think that's the title). I've always wanted to see it again. Can't remember who won.
    I hate those movies.

Forgot a couple things:

I don't know if you've ever seen The Black Cat, Ron, but it's on next Thursday (October 10) at 8:00pm. Stars Boris Karloff & Bela Lugosi. Maltin says it was their first movie together.
    Yes, it's a classic. Very interesting role for Karloff.

Ever see this?

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I don't know if you've ever seen The Black Cat,

Random guy from Central Casting: Oh, that's just a bunch of superstitious mumbo-jumbo!
    Bela Lugosi: Superstitious? Perhaps. Mumbo-jumbo? Perhaps not.

Now, here's the $64,000 Question: Why the frell do I know that particular exchange from The Black Cat?!

Oh, and it looks like TCM is showing horror movies every Thursday night this month. Probably lots on other days too. Keep your eyes on the schedule, and on the sky!

There was at least one movie that Karloff and Lugosi co-starred in where they didn't even share one scene. I'm too lazy to look up which one.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Yeah, The Black Cat has been on a few times. Late night Friday showings. Hal, I saw the westerns list, nothing that really jumps out but will be there anyway.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    There was at least one movie that Karloff and Lugosi co-starred in where they didn't even share one scene. I'm too lazy to look up which one.
    That film should be good. Hope you come up with the name. Was looking for something for Halloween. That would fit in nicely.

Ron, I want to watch our favorite screaming film but I'll wait until Halloween. I've got, Legend of Hell House lined up as well. Of course my favorite, Brides of Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    That film should be good. Hope you come up with the name. Was looking for something for Halloween. That would fit in nicely.
    They did a bunch of films together. I'd have Google it.

Ron, I want to watch our favorite screaming film but I'll wait until Halloween. I've got, Legend of Hell House lined up as well. Of course my favorite, Brides of Dracula.
    "Brides of Dracula" is a fave here, too. It's in glorious color and the women are especially hot. We talked about the bogus shadow at the end, right?

They did a bunch of films together. I'd have Google it.

"Brides of Dracula" is a fave here, too. It's in glorious color and the women are especially hot. We talked about the bogus shadow at the end, right?
    Your right on all counts and yes, the shadow was kind of cheap.

Just for the record, looks like TCM is doing horror movies every Thursday night this month. Last night they showed several movies with a witch theme, including Horror Hotel, Suspiria, and The House Of Dark Shadows (or was it Night Of Dark Shadows? It was the one with Kate Jackson in it, I know that).

And Friday nights this month, TCM is Kaiju Central, as they honor their Monster Of The Month, the one, the only, The King Of Kaiju, GODZILLA!

They showed both versions of the first Godzilla picture tonight, they're following with Godzilla Raids Again, Godzilla Vs Mothra, and Mothra.

And then after Mothra, they're showing The Town That Dreaded Sundown.

On vacation and brought some dvds , some recorded off TCM and put on disc. Nightfall is on of the TCMs. Its a 1957 noir directed by Jacques Tourneur , know for amoung others The Cat People and the noir classic Out Of The Past. This one is a tight action flic with Aldo Ray , Brian Kieth ( the vilian and quite villanous. Theres also a very young and hot Anne Bancroft. And James Gregory the "old inspector " from the TV Barney Miller. Ray plays a man falsly accused of robbery and murder trying to stay ahead of the police and the real murderers /robbers who want their money back. Kieth is ruthless, and his partner in crime an unhinged phsyco. Bancroft is alluring. Well written and filmed. 9.9 of 10.
    The other noir mentioned , Tourneur's Out Of The Past with Mitchum and K Douglas is a stone cold classic , required viewing for any noir buff. Or film buff for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Just for the record, looks like TCM is doing horror movies every Thursday night this month. Last night they showed several movies with a witch theme, including Horror Hotel, Suspiria, and The House Of Dark Shadows (or was it Night Of Dark Shadows? It was the one with Kate Jackson in it, I know that).

And Friday nights this month, TCM is Kaiju Central, as they honor their Monster Of The Month, the one, the only, The King Of Kaiju, GODZILLA!

They showed both versions of the first Godzilla picture tonight, they're following with Godzilla Raids Again, Godzilla Vs Mothra, and Mothra.

And then after Mothra, they're showing The Town That Dreaded Sundown.
    House of Dark Shadows. Not terrible but not great either. I just think it could have been better considering that some of the actors from the tv series is in it. I can't recall Kate Jackson being in it but with my mush for brains......And I'm not going to look it up either, I'll just wait for someone here to straighten us out on this.

Yikes. I didn't realize that. Sometimes I proof-read my posts three times and still miss something.

I hate those movies.

Yes, it's a classic. Very interesting role for Karloff.

Ever see this?

I notice that Bela is wearing the usual gangster suit.

I'm watching baseball, but just noticed it's Paul Muni night on TCM.

I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang (1932) starts in ten minutes.

I'm watching baseball, but just noticed it's Paul Muni night on TCM.

I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang (1932) starts in ten minutes.
    I caught a little of, Scarface, but baseball did take over here to. In MASH, didn't Hawkeye and BJ have a thing for Paul Muni. They always brought up his name.

I enjoyed Scarface quite a bit. Violent as heck, but that's how it was. Didn't stay up for I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang; I've seen it a couple times before and it's very good. Love the scenes of visiting hours.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I think I might try having a Buster Keaton mini-marathon tonight .I've got three films of his on the DVR I recorded off TCM a few weeks back. If I can stay awake, I might try to hit all three.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I think I might try having a Buster Keaton mini-marathon tonight .I've got three films of his on the DVR I recorded off TCM a few weeks back. If I can stay awake, I might try to hit all three.
    NNNNIIIICCCCEEEE!!!!

Which ones do you have?

I'm craving some Universal monsters - TCM, don't fail me this month!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

What, like in 20 Million Miles to Earth or The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms? Those are more sci-fi than Halloween movies.

(before you reply, there's a pun at the heart of my post... which I suppose makes me a hypocrite given my dislike of puns)
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

What, like in 20 Million Miles to Earth or The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms? Those are more sci-fi than Halloween movies.

(before you reply, there's a pun at the heart of my post... which I suppose makes me a hypocrite given my dislike of puns)
    Come on Hal, you know my brain doesn't work well this time of day, and the rest of the time, well......After watching, House on Haunted Hill, I don't mind watching, Them, or Kronos. Not exactly Halloween but you could make them fit. A pun? Well, you've got something going on with 20 something miles and 20 something fathoms.

A pun? Well, you've got something going on with 20 something miles and 20 something fathoms.
    Or universes.

Or universes.
    Know something?

Know something?
    Universal films was mentioned in the original post.

20 Million Miles to Earth (from the universe)

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (one could argue that the underwater world is a universe.)

Granted, these are a stretch. But, that's what i first though of.

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (one could argue that the underwater world is a universe.)

Shit. I was thinking that monster from Bf20000F was originally from space.

I've noticed I seem to be making more mental errors the past few years. It must be an age thing.

But, yes, you are correct.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I thought about Universal Pictures but couldn't see a relationship in Hal's post. Also, I think it's alright to mix in a few of these type films in with the traditional horror films. Think I'll also add, War of the Colossal Beast. This sequel is better than the original movie, The 50 Foot Man